In ROTS is Anakin Capable of taking Mace out alone?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by ItchyRedSaber, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItchyRedSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Its said Palps will do most of the damage but Any thought if the chosen one will be strong enough to take Windu out all by himself? Only 3 years later It dosent seem like he could.
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. cygnusjedi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    3 years later and after a hell of a lot of fighting. you better bet your @$$ anakin has improved from what we saw in AOTC

and yes, anakin probably could take out mace. he just has no reason to until he turns to the dark side
  3. ItchyRedSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cygnus, I agree with you that he has improved a great deal, but to take Mace out solo just dosent seem possible to me. Then again maybe he will im not sure whats confirmed but Im willing to bet he has some big time help from Mr Sidious.
  4. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yoda would probably insist they have a chaperone. :p
  5. silverblade Jedi Master

star 4
    Yoda would probably insist they have a chaperone. =D=
  6. ZamWesell44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, first why do you think Mace can take Anakin alone? Anakin is the chosen one and last i heard is going to beat Dooku with Kenobi out of commision. The fact that he is a higher ranking jedi means nothing, that would mean that all the council members were more powerful than Skywalker, no way. Nick Gillard said by 3 Anakin will be more powerful than any jedi, the reason he will lose to Kenobi is the emoitonal aspect of that fight. Im thinking Sidious will do something to Mace and may but Anakin could take him no matter what the situation, he does not have an attachment to him like Kenobi.
  7. jakbar316 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. In Episode III Anakin discovers the dark side and how using it makes him powerful. This is how he is able to take out Mace and Dooku.
  8. ItchyRedSaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good point Zam. So Kenobi's having Anakin attched to him is why he wins the duel? Yet Anakin has no attachement to Mace whatsoever? If Anger fuels the darkside and makes him more powerfull seems to me he is much more angry with Obi. Hell he was talkin smack about Obi in the last film and has never said anything about Mace except that he was powerfull.
  9. CIDLORD Jedi Knight

star 3

I don't think that Anakin is capable of taking Mace Alone by the time of ROTS. Sidious should be, but not Anakin.

My guess is that Sidious and Yoda are equally powerful, both of them just a little ahead of Mace. Anakin is not in this league, and he never was.

I think with a little more time Anakin had reached more power than Mace. But Vader's suit took a lot from him, so we'll never know.
  10. Marfus Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the shock of Palpatine's revelation is enough to distract Mace while Anakin kills him. Or Palps and Anakin simply attack him simultaneously.

Just because Anakin is the Chosen One it does not necassarily mean he is capable of single-handedly killing the second greatest Jedi in the galaxy. Obi-Wan, who seems to enjoy being thrown around and beaten to a pulp, defeats him in the same film, remember.
    That is not to say that Anakin will not be stronger than usual in this scene, because he will (I think), but don't over-estimate his power. He still has to commit himself totally to the Dark Side.

Also, I think they'll handle the Anakin/Mace encounter by playing off from 'The Glare' that Anakin gives Mace in TPM. I think that glare was unintentional, but it works in any case.
  11. Jedihillis Jedi Master

star 4
    Good question. I think that anakin could, potentially take him out alone. He is the chosen one after all. But, if he did, that pretty much makes Obi-wan the most badass jedi of all time next to yoda. I don't really see it happening. I think Palpy will shock him.
  12. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    anakin couldnt kill mace even if he tried. he cheats. i bet you in some way someone distracts mace windu and he is tricked. like getting stabbed in the back.

cant everyone tell that the sith cheat?

dooku cheated, palpatine cheated, with lighting. they just dont fight fair. thats how they win their battles.
  13. Ramsen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Keep in mind that Anakin's battles so far (with exception to Tusken slaughter) have been as a Jedi. As far as 'damage' is concerned or who he is able to take out, I think his fighting capabilities will improve dramatically with hate and the dark side as new attributes. We all perform better in our true nature. If I were to fight him I would rather it be before this transformation, which is technically right before he fights Mace. Just something to ponder.
  14. Alixen Force Ghost

star 4
    Do people not read the Confirmed Spoiler in the main Ep3 section of TF.net?

This has been asked time and time again, but that isnt what annoys me, its the fact that everyone egnores what has been said in Order to worship Mace.

Yes, he is very cool and very powerful.

He is a Jedi, which in Spoilers, Anakin has been confirmed to be the most powerful of EVER.
    He is also stated to prove he is the most 'deadly' character in the film.

Yes, Mace is powerful, but he isnt as Uber as a lot of people want him to be.

What is it that gives him such a following? the saber? the leap? Shatterpoint? killing Jango?
  15. jakbar316 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's true. Even Maul used a force push to get the upper hand on Obi won. Notice that when Anakin fights Mace and Dooku, Palps is present at both fights. Palpatine will use his force powers do cheat against them and help Anakin get the upper hand in both battles.
  16. Harrison_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is so dumb. Of course Anakin is capable of taking out anyone. Especially Mace. Why do people think Mace is so tough? We've never seen him to squat. But by the time Anakin fights Mace he has given himself to the Dark Side, i.e. he's now Darth Vader.

We've seen him kill Obi-Wan, beat up Luke, kill Palpatine, and we know he kills many, MANY Jedi at the Temple and over 20 years. That's alot more than Mace has done. The question should be--Is Mace capable of lasting more than a minute against a rage-filled Anakin?
  17. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Notice that when Anakin fights Mace and Dooku, Palps is present at both fights.

sounds to me like you seen this scene. right?
  18. dr_funkenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    sounds to me like you seen this scene. right?

No, noob. They're well-known spoilers.
  19. dudeski Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe it doesn't matter who is "more powerful" or "who hasn't done what...". It was the will of the force that Anakin continues toward his destiny, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the fight. However, I do believe that Anakin could take out Mace. It doesn't matter how powerful Mace is. How many times have you seen a major underdog win a sporting event? If only you would have bet against the odds!!!!
  20. jakbar316 Jedi Master

star 4
    And we haven't seen Mace to saber to saber with another person, so we don't truly have a guage of his saber skills. All we've seen is him taking out Jango and some droids.
  21. Harrison_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Exactly. And Fett just stood there like an idiot while a Jedi charged him. What they shoulda done was have Mace battle Dooku for a minute to show they're both powerful. Instead, the only fight we see from Mace will be him getting killed by Anakin.
  22. Darthette Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is he capable? I think so, but perhaps a split second of indecision makes him vulnerable just long enough to need Palpatine's help.
  23. Darthoffski Jedi Master

star 4
    "You Don't need guidance, Anakin...Eventually you will learn to trust your feelings. Then you will be invincible"

That's the key. When Anakin gives in to his feelings and there is no conflict, he will be invincible. So the key to making Anakin an unstoppable force for evil is to manipulate his feelings.

"I forsee you becoming the greatest of all the jedi, even more powerful than master yoda"

My slightly inaccurate quoting of palpatine reveals, I think, the way things are going. Palps manipulates Anakin through reverse psychology, by giving the impression he is not trying to control him, but set him free. This feeds his greatest desire, to be allowed to prove his ability.

Belief is everything, as in sport. The most gifted can be defeated if they don't believe in themselves. The most gifted, with focused self defeat destroy all in their path.

So, Anakin is capable of taking out mace alone, purely because he has greater potential than mace. If that potential is unleashed, mace who will be attempting to appeal to Anakin's sense of duty won't be able to defeat the chosen one in a stand up fight. Whether or not Palps assists in the defeat of Mace, if Anakin was incapable of defeating him alone, it compromises the integrity of the story, which turns on one issue and one issue alone: The path of the chosen one, the most powerful force user/potential weapon who ever lived, which side will he take? Whoever has him on their side is assured of victory.

When Anakin is sure of what he is doing, and is not conflicted, he will be unstoppable. The incident with his wife and the fact he ends up fighting someone he only recently cared about very deeply will cause enough hesitation for him to lose against kenobi, and that will be the only reason he loses against kenobi.

24. Harrison_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. Darthette Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very good reasoning. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.