main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In ROTS is Anakin Capable of taking Mace out alone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ItchyRedSaber, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    it is suprising how many people think Mace is this unbeatable jedi, the cartoons don't count. His rank does not mean hes more powerful than Kenobi or Anakin. We have to go by the movies and Anakin and Kenobi are the ones fighting, Anakin to Dooku, Kenobi to Grievous, Mace will fight once, and will get killed. Im sure Mace is powerful and good fighter but i doubt will ever know since hes not going to get to have all these fights that Anakin and Kenobi have. He might be able to beat some droids, but im not thinking he could be a Sith, well he could proably beat Maul b/c he was weak, not Dooku, DS, and or Anakin.

2. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    you cant beat mace windu. he could destroy anakin with the force. force blast to the head and bham he's gone.

3. dr_funkenstein

dr_funkenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah yeah... my dad could beat up your dad with one arm tied behind his back... :rolleyes:

4. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
  5. sithforcemaster

sithforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2004
    Hell No.
    Here's the pwnage line:

Sidious>Yoda>Mace>Obi>Ep3Anakin>Dooku>DarthMaul>Quigon>.

Ep6Vader+Ep6Luke>Sidious by only by from behind.

Mwa ha ha.

6. Darth_Sifo_Dyas

Darth_Sifo_Dyas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    no he cant take mace out alone he needs obi wan to be there to look after him.

7. sonofskywalker86

sonofskywalker86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2003
    Probably only if Anakin catches him by surprise and chops his hand off when he's not expecting it... :p

8. Lando_Jones

Lando_Jones Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2005
    Hey Alixen, here's a confirmed spoiler for you: You are king of the fanboys!

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/alexandobi/Customstanceone.JPG]

9. Darthoffski

Darthoffski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Why does luke go schizo on vader?

Because he threatens Leia.

Mace, by implication is a threat to padme's life from Anakin's POV.

Anakin would take him because he becomes utterly consumed by darkness when someone he loves is in danger.

This is the skywalker family trait that even Leia displays while murdering Jabba the Hutt.

I have no objective evidence for this assertion of course, but Anakin does indeed, as we know, prevent Mace from killing Sidious because of padme, and whose to say that the desire to save padme wouldn't have resulted in Anakin completely taking mace apart in a straight fight?

10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    He cant take Mace as Anakin without help,but as Vader he can take Mace without any problem at all.

11. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I want some of the stuff you guys smoke...

You have Nick G and GL say themselves that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi ever. GL wrote the story. What do you guys need? Anakin is the center character in the saga. He's in his prime in E3.

He kills Dooku at the start of E3, and I think we can say Dooku is at the same level than Mace. Anyway, this logic doesn't work. We can't judge someone potential with one fight.

Just like Dooku is Obiwan's bitch, OB is Anakin's bitch... Anakin is all about emotions, he's more powerful than anyone, but lacking in the control departement. Against his former master and friend, he will be conflicted.

12. Darth_Ashraak

Darth_Ashraak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Harrison_Solo dont make me laugh.

Anakin CANNOT take Mace out.

Mace is a form 7.

Form VII: The ultimate form, it requires mastery of all other forms, more intensity than Form V. Although a Form VII user may seem calm on the outside, he or she is very powerful inside. Mace Windu and Darth Maul use this form.

Form VII
    Only high level masters of multiple forms can achieve and control the ultimate discipline know as Form VII. This is most difficult and demanding of all Forms, but it can eventually lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movements, more open kinetic than From V but not so elaborate in appearance as Form IV. In addition to very advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements, Form VII tactics whelm opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making the Form highly unpredictable in battle. This trait makes for a much more difficult executions than the graceful, linked move sequences of Form IV. Form VII requires the intensity of Form V, but much greater energy since that focus is welded more broadly. Form VII draws upon a deeper well of emotion than even Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward being of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Form VII is still under development since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art.

Note: This spiritually dangerous regimen cuts perilously close to the Sith intensity of focus on physical combat ability. Mace Windu is one of the only current practitioners of Form VII.

anakin is a Form 5.
    Form V: A form opposite to Form III, it stresses strength. It requires intensity, and its goal is to overcome the opponent. Anakin Skywalker (and Darth Vader) use this agressive form. While Form III would deflect blaster fire away from the opponent, a Form V user would deflect the bolt directly to the opponent.

Form V
    During an era when Jedi and Sith were called upon to more actively maintain the peace in the galaxy, Form V arose alongside Form IV to address a need for greater power among the Jedi. Jedi Master who felt that Form III could be too passive developed Form V. A Form III master might be undefeatable, but neither could he necessarily overcome his enemy. Form V focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. This Form exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately towards an opponent. A dedication to the power and strength necessary to defeat an enemy characterizes the philosophy of Form V, which some Jedi describe by the maxim ?peace through superior firepower.? To some Jedi Knights, Form V represents a worthy discipline prepared for any threat; to others Form V seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others.

Note: As the Clone War begins, Anakin Skywalker dedicates himself to Form V in his increasingly blind quest for strength. As Darth Vader he will still be using Form V when he confronts Obi-Wan Kenobi and later Luke Skywalker.

ok now lets say u cant or wont accept the above lets look at the facts.

Mace is #2 to Yoda. He is mature man who had been a jedi master for YEARS.

Anakin is a BOY who had emotional attachments growing up and has recently started the Jedi life. Yes he is the chosen one, yes he has great poteential but dont give him more credit than he has earned.

"Windu arrives at Palpatine?s office to air his suspicions directly to Palpatine. Anakin is present with Palpatine as Windu asserts his belief that Palpatine is up to no good. With massive hate, Palpatine unleashes a strong current of dark side lightning at Windu. With great skill, Windu deflects this lightning with his light saber. Here and now, Anakin is left with the most important decision of his life. Will Anakin save Windu from Palpatine or will Anakin strike down Windu and save Palpatine?"

"Palpatine claims that the Jedi are corrupt and deceitful. Furthermore, Palpatine states that the Jedi themselves have always sought to u

13. theemperorsnewgroove

theemperorsnewgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    I dont think Anakin is able to take Mace in ROTS. He is on his way to being the strongest but never gets there. I think had Anakin defeated OB1, then He would have become the most powerful Sith/Jedi ever, and then there would be no question. But He didnt, He lost to OB1 and became a shadow of his former self lbefore he was able to fulfill his potential.

14. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
  15. poker

Jan 6, 2005
    Darth_Ashraak, this stuff is EU right?

EU means CRAP.

16. Paelleon

Paelleon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2005
    I think it's all from the AOTC Visual Dictionary.

17. poker

Jan 6, 2005
    I think it's all from the AOTC Visual Dictionary.

I don't know what it is... But when its not from Lucas, I don't give it credit.

Anyway, even if its from an actual AOTC dictionary... Its still AOTC.

Anakin is a lot more powerful in E3 than E2...

18. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    You have Nick G and GL say themselves that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi ever. GL wrote the story. What do you guys need? Anakin is the center character in the saga. He's in his prime in E3.

Nick is a stuntman. GL didn't say that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi ever. What GL said, is that Anakin had the potential - the ability to be extremely powerful, but his duel with Obi-Wan (the injuries, lave etc) made him lose that ability. He never got to achieve his potential, and after Obi-Wan Duel he completely lost that as well. That's from the man himself.

Now, even when he still has the potential, Obi-wan beats him. Here too GL has given an explanation - that while Anakin is more powerful than Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan had the experience. Mace is a lot more powerful and experienced than Obi-Wan, and Anakin at the stage of Ep-3 wouldn't stand a chance in a one on one duel due to that.

Things change if you consider the EU. In the EU it is explained that Mace was bested by none other than Dooku. In Ep-3, Dooku is squashed like a bug by Anakin - which would mean Mace wouldn't stand a chance against Anakin. If we combine both EU and GL's explanations, it would be an unpredictable duel where anything could happen, where Anakin has the power and Mace has the experience. It would depend on whether Anakin would lose his temper and make mistakes.

19. DarthMonkey2005

DarthMonkey2005 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    i don't think thats possible. lets face it. Windu, second in charge, Anakin, only just a jedi knight! case solved

20. poker

Jan 6, 2005
    Nice post Lijot, but I don't agree with all your points, even if you have some good ones!

I think the story, and this movie in particular, needs to have Anakin, without too much doubts, be the most powerful Jedi. I know Mace has more experience, but what? Jedi counsil experience? Anakin fought the clone wars and I guess he's now truly powerful.

I have always seen Dooku as about as strong as Mace. Anakin beats him at the beggining of the movie, and he is not even a Sith yet...

Then you have Obiwan... To me, Obiwan is special, and for many reasons. He knows Anakin. He knows how he fights, how he reacts, and how he LOOSE IT. That's why Obi is on the defensive at the beggining of the duel. He knows Anakin will loose it and he will take advantage of this. Anyway, I think that by ROTS Obiwan will be as powerful as Mace.

I will be REALLY disapointed if we don't see Anakin as unstoppable in this movie. Only his master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, has a chance to stop him.

21. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    By that sort of reckoning, it would have been impossible for Obi-Wan to beat Maul, since Obi-Wan is only a Padawan, yet Maul was strong enough to kill Qui-Gon, a Jedi Master.

Just because Mace is a Jedi Master, doesn't mean he can't be beaten. Master Cin Drallig is one of the greatest swordsmen in the Order, yet Anakin is able to defeat him easily.

Anakin has the dark side at his disposal. If the reports are true, Anakin is able to lop off Mace's arm without Palpatine's help. Course, Palpy just can't help pushing in and sending Mace on a short trip out the window.

22. poker

Jan 6, 2005
    "Lord Vader, your skills are unmatched by any Sith before you. Go forth, my boy. Go forth and bring peace to our Empire."
    -SIDIOUS

Case closed. ;)

23. sithforcemaster

Aug 20, 2004
    Episode III Anakin before joining Sidious would get pwned by Mace any day of the week.

Mace and Yoda are the two most powerful Jedi hands down. Yoda stronger in the ways of the Force, Mace more powerful and agressive in fighting ability. They are two flip sides of a coin.

There is no way that 3 years fighting a bunch of skilless Fett Clones is going to give you the kind of skill and experience that Yoda and Mace have from years of studying the Force, observing and training Jedi.

Add to that the fact that he is extremely emotionally unstable, overconfident, and even held back by Obi Wan. Forget it...Anakin is 4th behind Yoda, Windu, and OB1...and even after he fully embraces the darkside, he never fully gives in to his hate like Sidious does, making him less powerful than the emperor's own darkside skills.

And remember, even Sidious is pretty much an even match for Yoda

24. sithforcemaster

Aug 20, 2004
    "Lord Vader, your skills are unmatched by any Sith before you. Go forth, my boy. Go forth and bring peace to our Empire."
    -SIDIOUS

You are forgetting that Sidious is the biggest liar and cheat that side of the galaxy. He uses EVERYONE to his advantage...its what makes him who he is. So yes he will tell Anakin anything to get him to do what Sidious wants.

"I forsee you becoming more powerful than any jedi"

Fine Print:
    (Yes, but only if your master doesn't maim you, forcing you to rely on an Iron Lung for the rest of your life in submission to my will!") *cackles*

(Prophecy or not - this idiot isn't gonna kill me now or ever. I will take that stupid Jedi prophecy meant to destroy me, and instead use it for MY advantage!!!)

25. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Alone taking on Mace, aMacing!!! Honestly, I think Lucas defeated him, not Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.