main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In ROTS is Anakin Capable of taking Mace out alone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ItchyRedSaber, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billeedeewilliams

Billeedeewilliams Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2000
    This is silly. I havn't posted in years but I think its already obvious anakin could take out mace. Yoda and Dooku are near matches in AOTC and Anakin takes out Dooku in the opening of RTOS.

Sure Anakin lacks good judgement (this is what causts him the duel with OB1) but in terms of skill and ability it is pretty obvious that Anakin probably would be ble to take mace out.

Until he decides to defect to the sith though Anakin has no reason to take on Mace.

What really matters is that he saw the shot and takes it.

2. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Mace got caught by suprise. I always new Anakin would stab him in the back.

3. AdmiralOzzel

AdmiralOzzel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 1999
    No, I firmly believe Anakin is no match for Mace prior to Palpatine's ugly Sith influence - that is, until Anakin unleashes his hate. Without Dark Side power in Anakin, Mace would bitch slap that cracker punkass kid silly.

4. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    LOL Yhea, I agree with on that.

5. General_Tarful

General_Tarful Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
  6. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    I think this is a legitimate question so I "upped" it.

And the answer is no.

(Obi-wan would have a better chance against Mace.....even though Obi's no where near as powerful as Anakin, I think Obi is sure of himself and confident in the lightside of the force, and I think Anakin is confused and doesnt know if the best side is the lightside or the darkside and he's not sure which way is up so my $$$ on Mace Windu)

7. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    No, Anakin does not fight using the dark side against Dooku. Only when he cuts off Dooku's head is he succumbing to the dark side.

8. raymond

raymond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Anakin, can take out anybody!

He only lost to obi-wun, because of the environment.

Mace took out Jango fett, wow!!!

Lucas said Anakin,,yoda and sidious, are lightsaber bad boys.

don't forget Luke, and Obiwan.

9. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    He also said Mace was among the "badboys" as you convieniently forgot to mention....
    IMO....Anakin couldn't handle Obi Wan...How could he handle Mace? MAYBE...if you gave him a few more years to truly become a master....but at the time of ROTS...Mace would have won...chosen one or no...heck..Obi beat the chosen one so that "angle" has been debunked I think....
    Being the chosen one dose not make one undefeatable...it merely means that person will eventually defeat the sith and restore balance.
    When that happens, it certainly isn't a duel at all....it takes almost no skill.
    He simply walks up behind the distracted Sith lord, and chucks him into a reactor.
    As it says in the novel...Mace knows the Siths weakness is not that palpatine CAN'T defeat Anakin skywalker...it's that he trusts him....

10. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    IMO....Anakin couldn't handle Obi Wan...How could he handle Mace?

Anakin could definitely handle Obi-Wan. He only lost because he lost control of his emotions and he was fighting his former master. If he's focused he can hang with just about anyone.

"The duel will explain how Obi-Wan is able to defeat his protege, even though Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi who ever lived. Obi-Wan taught Anakin and Anakin has gone past him. But when you get to that duel, it's emotional. That's where the mistake will be made."- Nick Gillard

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Obi Wan beat Anakin, because Anakin tried to pull Obi Wan's jump over Darth Maul trick. Also Obi had the advantage of training Anakin. Any other jedi(except maybe Yoda) would have been killed at the hands of Anakin. Mace would put up a good fight, but I think he would have lost.

12. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    well..if he could have handled Obi, he would have...
    I respect your opinion....you can view the characters however you wish....but the movies show that Anakin lost to Obi wan, regardless of how it happened, and even in a NEW HOPE, Vader only wins{just my opinion} because Obi lets him strike him down.
    The terrain, environment, emotional state , ect, ect, can be considered...but it dosen't change history.
    Anakin didn't get in the Vader suit because he "bested" Obi Wan now did he?

13. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005

[face_laugh] Is this a serious question???

[face_plain] *looks around room* .........oh

[face_shame_on_you] Well then the answer is simply NO

You can base that NO on 2 sources actually

1. George Lucas putting Mace,Sidious, and Yoda on a higher OVERALL power tier than Anakin

2. Yoda telling Kenobi basicly that even he can beat Anakin....but has NO shot against Sidious

14. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    For those of you who said that Anakin could easily take out Obi-Wan, I tell you this, In the OT special 8-min. preview of ROTS, Nick Gillard and George Lucas say this, Anakin is physically more powerful but Obi-Wan has more experiance and skill.

Look at the preview again and see for yourself, Obi-Wan and Anakin are about the same in lightsaber combat, not Anakin could have kicked Obi-Wan's ass. Obi-Wan is about the best defensive style fighter of the Jedi order, and Anakin is about the most powerful.

Obi-Wan has more experiance and skill but Anakin has more raw power.

That is to those of you saying that Anakin coulda kicked Obi's ass. It's not true.

15. SithOWNtheJedi

SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Anakin could kill Mace simply because Mace cannot kill Anakin.

But if we didnt know that, I think Dooku > Mace, and Anakin beat Dooku fairly easy in ROTS...

16. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Sooooooooooooooo now the prophecy protects Anakin from Mace, Yoda, Sidious, Obi-Wan, and even Luke???

.................wow

17. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    what i find interesting about Mace is that he is a unique fighter.

his purple lightsaber symbolizes the way he can tap into the darkside, yet never strays from the light.

for these arguments, it is tough for anyone to match up with him.

Mace has the advantage of double-dipping into both sides of the Force, while his opponent (either light or dark) cannot

a mental or physical weakness is simply not there for the Mace character as/is.

for the purpose of hypotheical debate, i can only give a clear victory to an opponent that is clearly superior. such an opponent doesnt not exist in the saga

18. lordmorpheus

lordmorpheus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    man, this is a very interesting question. i think that there is more to victory and defeat than your measurement on the force-richter scale. that having been said, in terms of sheer power, i dont believe that anakin had an equal within the saga, HOWEVER, the application thereof, is where he was still lacking at the time of episode 3. he even makes scant mention of this in ANH during his battle with obi wan. 'When last we met, i was but the learner, but now I am the master!!!' it makes a diff!!! i think that it would have only taken a moment of rash, impulsive action and windu would have simply chopped off his "still human" hand. he'd have discovered anakin's shatterpoint at that time, i betcha

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Mace and Anakin are considered equal on Gillard's ranking. Both are exceptionally skilled. Both are strong in the Force. In the end, Anakin has more anger and hate within him. As good as Mace is with Vaapad, he couldn't beat Anakin. But it wouldn't be a quick fight. It'd be an intense fight ending with Anakin standing tall.

20. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001

[face_shame_on_you]

Lucas said something like "You have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with Sidious". That is to say, Anakin is not as strong as Windu in ROTS. Period.

21. SithOWNtheJedi

SithOWNtheJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Anakin Killed Dooku

Mace Killed Jango Fett

Based of the PT Id say Anakin has a better chance of winning in a duel with Mace.

22. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Anakin could take him out and wax his head at the same time.

23. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Anakin beating Mace alone simply is not believable as far as I am concerned. He simply does not have the raw talent needed. In his battle with Obi Wan, he gets pretty lucky up until the point where his stupidity shines through for all to see.

Mace Ko 1.

24. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    At the point when Anakin betrays Mace, I don't think he could have handled him in a fair duel. However, after the storming of the Jedi Temple and the Mustafar massacre, I believe he has become very strong with the Dark Side. If he hadn't been crippled in the Obi-Wan duel, I think he would stand a chance against Mace, but the smart money's still on Mace. After all, he put Darth Sidious on the floor after a rather brief duel (I think Mace legitimately won that duel, and that Palpatine put on the theatrics to save his azz).

25. Enshu-Atsukau

Enshu-Atsukau Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2005
    Personally, I think Mace Windu is much more powerful than the Anakin of ROTS. That doesn't mean that a fully accomplished Anakin wouldn't have been better than Windu, but at the time of Windu's death, Anakin would have been beaten in a fair duel, though Windu would probably not find it easy to beat him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.