main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In ROTS is Anakin Capable of taking Mace out alone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ItchyRedSaber, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Here's the FACT:

If Mace has gone to the darkside while Ani was still a devoted Jedi then Ani would have prevailed.

But if Sith Ani vs. Jedi Mace then Mace could have beaten Ani but not kill him.

2. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Thought i'd might find you in here MWIG!

Look - all these what if q's cannot have a definitve answer. Each depends on the situations.

Could Anakin kill Mace in a one on one battle - yes.

3. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    ^Yep.

That about sums it up.;)

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    sidious: vader will become more powerful than either of us
    anakin: my powers have doubled dooku since we last met
    he took out dooku -
    the question is, as it continues to be, is: was mace defeating sidious or was sidious (waiting for anakin to arrive to fulfill his destiny)faking it all the way through?

is mace more powerful than dooku?

5. Greedo_forever

Greedo_forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2005
    One could speculate forever- could Darth Maul beat Sidious? Could Qui-Gon beat Count Dooku? Does Jabba the Hutt smell worse than a wet Wookie?

In the movie's context, I think that Anakin got the best of Mace by surprise. If it would have served the story to have Mace fight one on one with Anakin, you can probably guess what the outcome would have been.

6. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    RotS Duel-O-Meter

Mace > Dooku (Mace won't make mistakes) = Mace
    Mace > Anakin (Mace won't make mistakes) = Mace
    Yoda > Anakin (Yoda won't make mistakes) = Yoda
    Sidious > Anakin (Sidious won't make mistakes) = Sidious
    Obi-Wan < Anakin (Anakin will make mistakes) = Obi-Wan

7. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    c76, i dig your (patent pending) RotS Duel-O-Meter©.

Master_Shaitan
    Look - all these what if q's cannot have a definitve answer. Each depends on the situations. Could Anakin kill Mace in a one on one battle - yes.

i dont know, if anakin can defeat mace windu and mace windu can defeat sidious, then anakin could defeat sidious. that seems unlikely, because he didnt try and overthrow sidious right away and he didnt seem to like him either ("what hav i done?!"). also, this quote makes it sound like anakin wasnt strong enough to defeat sidious right away, although maybe anakin could hav but just waited too long and missed his chance.

"If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor." - George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204.

my twist'd lil opinion, sidious and mace windu are real close. anakin is a bit lower than them, mainly due to bad consistancy. thats what makes the duel look legit, thats what makes anakin believe sidious needs help. mace windu did defeat sidious, but sidious planned for that from the start, so anakin can really be fooled.

my RotS force rankings, based on that guillard guy's.
    yoda - 9.90
    sidious - 9.70
    mace windu - 9.65
    anakin - 9.10
    obi-wan - 8.90

[face_peace]

8. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    He didnt overthrow sidious because he needed him to save padme.

9. Mandalore_X

Mandalore_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Anakin wont make mistakes either.The only reason he lost to Obi Wan was because he was fighting Obi Wan.

10. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    i dont know, if anakin can defeat mace windu and mace windu can defeat sidious, then anakin could defeat sidious.

Mace CANNOT defeat Sidious!!!!!!! He can COMPETE with Sidious he can't beat him. Competing with someone and beating them are two different things.

Anakin could definitely take Mace, it would be a close fight though.

11. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't think at the time anakin could take on Mace. He was too confused and had too many things in his mind so he would have mad a mistake. If it was later when both Mace and Ani had clear minds it would be a hard battle but i think Mace would still slaughter Anakin, Mace is just to powerful both with his lightsaber and the force(the book even says Mace is the most skillful jedi with a lightsaber). However either way Mace would have died because Sideous would have eventualy got into the fight and Mace can't take both of them.

12. Lord-Stucifer

Lord-Stucifer Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Do you guys remember in the Original Script, Anakin & Mace dueled it out.. Mace was soposed to be cut in half Maul-Style, It pisses me off that the whole scene was changed.

13. Juggernaut86

Juggernaut86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Anakin could easily beat anybody in the whole Saga except for Obi Wan

Obi Wan is a different case because.......

1.He was Anakin's master so he knows he weaknesses
    2.Obi Wan uses his enviroment to his advantage......a great tactical thinker(his fights with Maul and G.G. were both tactical wins but as u can see when he fights Dooku on a level plane he gets whooped bad)

But if Anakin would fought Obi Wan on a even floor he wouldve beat him easily

Watch the fight again.......when they do the last clash with sabers Anakin is clearly more powerful..thas why Obi Wan changes strategies because he knows he weaker and preys on Anakin's overconfidence

14. Lord-Stucifer

Lord-Stucifer Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    you hit it on the nail Juggernaut

exactly

15. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    By the way, according to the official site, Dooku beat Mace in saber combat back when he was still a Jedi and not yet Darth Tyrannus.

16. Ruthio

Ruthio Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    yes Anakin is capable of doing it..the question is can he do it. Haveing the ability to do somehting, and not being able to properly do it. Thats how i see Anakin, great dueler. But him and Obi-wan were equal in force power, but Anakin had that edge in saber style. Now i would assume Mace would have more force power then Obi-wan, and be a better dueler. Which would require Anakin to push himself to the limit. Anakin could take Mace 4 out of 10 times depending on enviorment. Mace would whoop him the other six times..do to his Vapad style and the fact hes Mace freaking windu!

"Now sit down young jedi." Mace to Anakin

17. windu25

windu25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Dooku beat Mace at a earlier time, 13 to 20yrs I think. Most likely before Mace
    created the Vapaad. At the time of ROTS Mace was a nine level saber fighter. Dooku was 8. So I think Mace in ROTS would beat Dooku and Anakin.

Time and time again someone trys to drag Mace through the dirt on these boards.
    It's really looking rather sad....I wonder what's driving it?

18. Ruthio

Ruthio Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    i think it might be some fans dun like his supposed "attuide" or it could be something else.........

19. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    Dooku beat Mace at a earlier time, 13 to 20yrs I think. Most likely before Mace created the Vapaad.

What is it with all this Vapaad junk? I think It was created in a book or something. It's not this super awesome, can beat anybody, mumbo jumbo style of fighting. I don't even think it's canon since Lucas didn't create it.

I don't mean any offense, I just don't see what's so great about Vapaad.

20. jedi_jacks

Jul 17, 2005
    Chosen_One1
    Mace CANNOT defeat Sidious!!!!!!! He can COMPETE with Sidious he can't beat him. Competing with someone and beating them are two different things. Anakin could definitely take Mace, it would be a close fight though.

as the lawyer johnny cochran would say, "if you cant defeat, then you cant compete."
    :D

(i dont believe the prophecy protects anyone, it just sees the future)

21. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    There is a specific reason why Lucas went out of his way to say "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

Anakin was going to surpass EVERYBODY that's why Yoda and Mace can only compete with the Emperor but can't beat him, they're not strong enough.

22. Juggernaut86

Juggernaut86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    I also think Anakin is even stronger than people think

In the scene where Anakin is on the floor and Obi Wan strikes him and he blocks Obi Wan's attack with one hand

That takes superhuman strength

23. Chosen_One1

May 12, 2005
    ^^ Agreed. Anakin is an untouchable fighter unless he loses control of his emotions(and the only way I see that happening is the way it happened on Mustafar).

24. jedi_jacks

Jul 17, 2005
    i see it as, anakin has moments of brilliance. every once and a while he does stuff that would amaze yoda, but most of the time he's still learning. to me, he's really inconsistant, if he had a couple of years he'd begin to iron it all out and be the best by far. some see anakin as already there, i know.

25. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    wow. i made a pretty bold post last page.

im surprised no one has called me out on it yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.