main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Search of a Fugitive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, May 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    A friend of mine and my mother's wrote this story for me on my birthday a couple of months back. She has given me her permission to post it here. This is a crossover between the Duncan Regehr Zorro and the orginal SW. I hope you like. Please comment.

In Search of a Fugitive
    By Kathy Green

PART 1: The Journey
    Jackie Long whizzed past the row of houses as she practically stood on her 10-speed bike and bore down on the pedals. The breeze blew her long, blond hair out from underneath her blue plastic helmet and caressed her face. It was mid-afternoon, and she was returning home from a slumber party at her best friend's house. Jackie and her mother lived in an apartment on a street kitty-corner to her friend's.

The 14-year-old girl paused at a stop sign to watch for traffic and relaxed her grip on the handlebars. For a second, as she pressed her right foot against the pavement to keep her bike upright, thoughts of the slumber party flashed through her mind. Jackie, her friend Amber, and their friends had stayed up late the night before, watching STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, and RETURN OF THE JEDI on home video.

Jackie had been a STAR WARS fan for over three years. While she did not particularly like the new movie about Anakin Skywalker, she adored the three older movies. She had watched them over and over, first in the theaters, then on home video. Jackie ran her index finger through her hair as she thought about them.

"I just love STAR WARS," she said out loud to herself, smiling broadly. "Some people love STAR TREK; I love STAR WARS!" She glanced at her watch; it was 2:15.

Beads of sweat rolled down her cheeks; she reached up to wipe them off. The young girl gripped the handlebars, pressed her toes down on the pedals, and sped across the intersection. As she pivoted onto her home street, she reminisced about the day before, when she, Amber, and the other girls had played Scrabble and watched the videos at Amber's house. Jackie remembered holding her breath when Darth Vader's soldiers had knocked out Princess Leia with a stun gun...scowling at Darth Vader himself, when he had frozen Han Solo in carbonite for his trip to Jabba the Hutt's palace...and rejoicing when the Rebels destroyed the two Death Stars, thus destroying the Empire's stranglehold on the galaxy. When Jackie got home, she was going to write down every detail in her diary, then she was going to watch a Zorro video.

Suddenly, a blinding light flooded Jackie's eyes; panic-stricken, she scrooged them shut. In the next instant, arms grabbed her by the waist and jerked her off her bike.

Jackie screamed and fought to free herself. "Take it easy, little girl!" a male voice ordered. "We're not going to hurt you. We're just going to borrow you for awhile. Please take it easy."

Jackie opened her eyes and froze in shock. The familiar apartment complexes she had known for the past five years had disappeared; the street itself had vanished. In their place, the inside of a spaceship encased Jackie. A corridor consisting of round metal walls with grooves running lengthwise surrounded her. White, glowing bars of light near the ceiling lit the hall. To her left, a round entrance opened into another corridor.

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    This looks interesting.

3. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks, RebelMom. Here is the next piece.

Seven familiar movie characters--four humans, one Wookie, and two droids--stood in a half-circle, gazing down at the disheveled, sweaty young girl; one of the men held her in a viselike grip. Before she had a chance to struggle again, Captain Han Solo released his grip around her waist and stepped back.

Jackie gaped at them, unable to believe her eyes. How in the world had she ended up on the famous STAR WARS freighter ship, the Millennium Falcon? Was she dreaming?

"You can't be real," she whispered. "You're just make-believe characters in a movie. You're not real!"

The tall, furry creature she recognized as Chewbacca grunted, amusement creasing his simian face. Captain Han Solo laughed. "Oh, we're real, all right." He gently tugged Jackie's bicycle helmet off her head and brushed Jackie's blond hair out of her eyes. "And we need your help; that's why we brought you on board my ship." He handed her the helmet as he spoke.

Han turned to his companions. "I'm Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon. And this is Luke Skywalker, Jedi knight; Princess Leia, formerly of Aldaraan; my old buddy, Lando Calrissian; and my first mate, Chewbacca." The tall Wookie grunted.

Han turned toward the droids. "And these are our droids, C-3PO and R2-D2. And little girl, now that you've met us, how about telling us who you are?"

Excitement and fear churned in the pit of Jackie's stomach. It was exciting to have the chance to meet her favorite movie characters like this, but what if she never got to return to Earth?

"J-Jackie Long. I-I'm fourteen, going on fifteen." Jackie twirled a strand of hair around her finger. "I'm in the seventh grade. My mom's Kay Long." She swallowed. "Uh, where are we going? And why do you need me?"

Princess Leia approached her and laid a hand reassuringly on the girl's shoulder. Her long brown hair lay rolled in two rows of coils over the top of her head. The scent of perfume wafted toward Jackie's nostrils.

"We're going back in time," Leia explained. "To a place on your planet called California. A fugitive from our galaxy escaped from us and came here, and we came here after him."

4. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Still here and reading.

5. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Thanks RebelMom. Here the next part.
    Jackie frowned. "Back in time?"

Leia nodded. "Yes. To 1820, as it's called in Earth time. Because that's where he's gone."

Luke Skywalker nodded and tilted his head. He and Leia wore identical orange and white spacesuits, Jackie noticed, and Han was wearing a dark-brown vest ovr a light-brown shirt. The young Jedi knight's handsome, boyish face looked sober. "He's a criminal, Jackie. His name is Marbolo, and he used to be a high-ranking officer in the Empire. He held an important position and worked for Darth Vader and the Emperor." With a sigh, Luke clasped his hands together. "When the Emperor and Darth Vader died, he became very bitter and swore to regain his power in any way he could. He was--and still is--quite power-hungry."

Jackie glanced down at her brown sneakers. Handing her helmet to Princess Leia, she bent over to retie them, then straightened up. A horrible thought struck her, and she caught her breath.

"My mom will worry," she said. "She won't know where I am, and she'll think something terrible happened to me." Her stomach churned at the thought.

Princess Leia smiled kindly and shook her head. "No she won't, Jackie." She squeezed the young girl's shoulder. "When we bring you back to the year 2000, we'll drop you off at the same date and time in which we picked you up. You'll be right back where you were when we came by."

Relieved, Jackie nodded. Silently, she prayed they'd be able to keep their promise.

6. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next part! I hope you like it.
    Han Solo glanced toward the hall left of Jackie. "Well, if we're going to reach our destination, I'd better go back to the cockpit." In the casual gate so characteristic of Han, he strode out of the hall, his shoes ringing on the metal floor.

Jackie tugged a comb out of her jeans pocket and ran it through her hair. As she slipped it back into her pocket, her stomach growled. "Princess Leia, is there something to eat? I'm hungry."

The princess smiled. "I think we can find something. Come with me, and let's see what Han Solo's got in his kitchen."

Minutes later, while Jackie, seated at a white table, was eating a sandwich, the Millennium Falcon slowed, then landed with a thud. Jackie leaped to her feet as the ever-louder clanging of shoes on the metal floor signalled someone's approach. "Are we there?"

"Yes, we're there." Han Solo entered the dining area. "Come on, Jackie, we've got work to do. You, too, Leia. We've got a criminal to find."

"Why do you need me?" Jackie scrambled to her feet, barely glancing at the helmet she had tossed on the table. Leia took one last sip of her drink and stood up.

"Because you know about us, and because you're of Earth. We may need you to speak to the local residents on our behalf, or to explain them to us."

Jackie understood. These people were unfamiliar with Earth customs and attitudes, and the people of 1820 California were totally unfamiliar with STAR WARS. She might be needed to fill the breach between the two cultures. She glanced at her watch. To her dismay, it had stopped.

"Your watch will resume working when we take you back," Han assured her.

Han, Leia, and Jackie joined Lando, Chewbacca, and the droids in front of the entrance. The four adults checked their utility belts to make sure their weapons and binoculars were securely fastened. Jackie stretched her arms above her head as high as she could, to limber up.

"Chewie, you'd better stay in here," Luke said. Chewbacca growled, evidenlty displeased.

Han Solo nodded. "He's right, Chewie; they don't have Wookies on Earth, and you might frighten them. Besides, we need somebody to stay and guard the ship." He paused. "3PO and R2 will stay with you. Something tells me it wouldn't be safe to take them, either."

C-3PO dipped his head. "I fully agree. There's something about this place that makes my joints shiver." The squat droid next to him beeped and whistled. Jackie grinned, in spite of herself.

At last, Chewbacca nodded in reluctant agreement. Princess Leia glanced at Jackie. "Come on. Let's go."

Han pushed a button, and the long metal ramp slowly opened. As it lowered toward the ground, it made a whirring noise, then landed with a clang. Reddish-orange sunlight flooded the corridor, forming a bar of sunlight on the metal floor.

7. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
  8. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next part!
    The four adults and the little girl strode down the ramp and paused to get their bearings. The reddish-orange sun hung just over the horizon; it was early morning here.

For a long moment, Jackie stared at the bare desert. She was there! She was actually in Spanish California! For a long moment, she gazed at the hills and boulders surrounding them and the cluster of trees in the distance.

"Hey, Jackie." Luke tapped her shoulder. "This is marvelous to us, too, but we don't have time to stand around and gape."

"Uh, yes, sir." Jackie looked up at him as she brushed a stray hair out of her left eye. "Where is he? This--uh, Marbolo?"

Luke and Han looked at each other soberly. "I wish we knew," Han said. "We know this is where he came, but we don't know where to find him. We'll just have to search the area."

Jackie gulped. She fervently hoped they would find this Marbolo soon. Having watched the three movies repeatedly, she knew all too well what a man from the STAR WARS galaxy could do to the people of 1820.

In spite of her worry, she gazed at the California desert again, running her fingers through her hair. "Gosh!" She stared around her. "It's so empty here! Just desert and trees and stuff." She wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. "It sure is hot!"

Luke laughed and put an arm around her shoulder. "Jackie, this is nothing! You should see Tatooine, the planet I grew up on. Just a bare, empty waste with miles and miles of sand dunes, and blazing hot temperatures. Not to mention Jawas, sandpeople, and a few no-so-pretty cities and farms and stuff."

Jackie giggled. She knew exactly what he was talking about, but she didn't dare say so. "Sounds ugly!"

Luke made a face. "Yes, it was, and I wouldn't want to live there again."

Silently, Jackie agreed. She wouldn't want to live on a planet like that, either. Luke Skywalker's nice, she thought. I like him.

"Well, well, well!" A mocking laughter echoed over the desert. "We'll just see about that, Commander Skywalker!"

9. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
  10. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next part!
    Jackie froze. That voice sounded so ugly!

A tall, broad-shouldered man who'd squatted behind a boulder just ahead of the assembled group rose to his feet, a mocking grin etched on his jowly face. He wore a silver-colored spacesuit resembling aluminum, with an off-white fabric for a collar. Tufts of light-brown hair rimmed his otherwise bald scalp.

The man grasped the hilt of his blaster. In response, Luke reached for his lightsaber and Han for his blaster.

"So you thought you'd capture me and take me back, did you?" The fugitive stepped around the boulder as he spoke. His thin lips spread wider, but there was a hard look in his steel-gray eyes.

Princess Leia grabbed Han's blaster and pointed it at the man. "Come here slowly, Marbolo," she ordered. "Now!"

The fugitive approached her, still grinning. Suddenly, he kicked dust in her face, making her drop the blaster. As the princess raised her hands to cover her eyes, Luke and Han rushed him. Marbolo raised his fist to punch Luke.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I like.

12. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next pat! I am sorry I haven't been posting.
    "Luke! Look out!" Jackie shouted.

Han grabbed Marbolo and twisted his right arm behind him. Jackie leaned against a nearby boulder and stared at them, trembling.

"All right, Marbolo!" Han hissed. "Now you tell us why you came here, and you tell us NOW! Or I'll twist your arm till your hand's turned permanently backwards!"

Marbolo bared his teeth. "All right! I came here to start my own empire. I'm quite sure the people in this backward region won't be able to resist me as the Rebels did the Emperor and Darth Vader." He grinned again, and Jackie shivered. "Of course, I've got to loot the caballeros, and I've got to force them to help me."

Suddenly, the fugitive stiffened. "Look out! Trouble."

As Luke and Han whirled around, Marbolo shoved them viciously to the ground and rushed off. As the two Rebels scrambled to their feet, he vanished over a nearby hill.

A grim-faced Han Solo shook his head. "Well, we're going to have to go look for him."

Luke nodded, purse-lipped. "I wish we had a landspeeder." He tilted his head as he spoke.

"Or a Tauntaun."

Jackie shook her head. "They didn't even have cars in 1820, and Earth's NEVER had Tauntauns! You'll have to walk or ride horses."

Leia sighed. "In that case, we'd better walk. These horses--as you call them--we haven't got time to get any."

"No, we sure don't." Han held his binoculars to his eyes and scanned the desert. "We'd better stay together. All of us. Come on, let's go."

The group took off in the direction the fugitive had fled. Jackie trotted next to Leia, who in turn walked erect and with an easy grace; the men strode on ahead. Fortunately, it didn't take them long to find Marbolo's footprints. For what seemed like an endless period, they followed the prints.
    I hope you like it.

13. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    I am so sorry that I have not been posting! Here is the next part!
    Beads of sweat rolled down their faces; from time to time, they stopped to wipe it off and to get their bearings. As the sun rose higher, the sky turned bright blue. After a time, the blazing sun's rays beat down on their foreheads.

Gravel crunched under their feet; repeatedly, Jackie kicked it out of her path. Each time they stopped, one of them would scan the countryside with his binoculars.

Jackie wondered what they would do when they found Marbolo again. How would they stop him? Suppose he surprised them again the way he had when they'd arrived? Would they be able to capture him, or would he kill them?

What will he do to me if he captures us? Jackie shivered at the prospect, then sighed. It's only mid-morning, yet I'm hot! She wiped her face and scowled at her sweaty hands and her now-still watch. Wish my watch was running, so I could know what time it is!

"Look!" Princess Leia gaped at a one-story building in the distance, to their left. "The tracks lead toward that building. Looks like some kind of residence."

She handed her binoculars to Jackie and showed her how to use them. As Jackie gazed through the lenses, she froze. The building had whitewashed walls and a red tile roof. A whitewashed stone fence surrounded the front.

I know that place! Jackie thought. Joy surged in her heart. She had seen that very hacienda on the episodes she kept on her collection of Zorro videos.

How could it be? she wondered silently, as she gaped at the house. Well, why not? If I can meet STAR WARS, why not ZORRO?

"It's the de la Vega hacienda!" She handed the binoculars back to Leia. "That's where the de la Vegas live! That's where Zorro lives!" She grabbed Leia's arm as she spoke.

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    It's about time you came back.

I started laughing when I read Zorro. Then I thought I hope you use the new Zorro (Antonio). I loved that version.

Don't wait so long for the next post.

15. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Here is the next post! Sorry for not posting, forgive me. I hope you like it.
    Han Solo studied the tracks and pursed his lips. "And where Marbolo was headed." He glanced at Jackie. "And what's this--this Zorro?"

"It's Spanish for 'fox,'" Jackie explained. "A fox is a little animal, like a dog. They're real smart and cunning, and they eat other animals. Don Diego de la Vega calls himself Zorro because he has to be cunning, too. He fights injustice, you see, and the alcalde doesn't like that." She smiled wryly. "He hates Zorro like the Emperor hated the Rebels. He wants Zorro dead! There's a reward on his head--5,000 pesos."

Han winced. "Reminds me of Jabba the Hutt. He had every bounty hunter in the galaxy after me!"

"And we rescued you from him." Princess Leia touched his arm and smiled. Han patted her hand.

Luke chuckled. "And how does this Don Diego protect his secret identity?"

Jackie grinned. "By wearing a mask when he has to be Zorro. And pretending to be wimpy even though he's not, when he's Don Diego."

The four adults laughed. Jackie scratched her arm. "And he has a servant who helps him--a boy a little older than me. His name's Felipe, and he's mute. He pretends to be deaf, so he can spy for Zorro without getting in trouble."

"He can't talk, and he pretends he can't hear?" Leia gazed at her. Jackie nodded.

Without saying another word, the group made tracks for the hacienda. Half an hour later, they approached the picket gate.

Suddenly, the glossy, dark-brown mahogany door swung open. Marbolo stepped out onto the porch and pointed a blaster at them. Jackie's breath caught in her throat. Leia's eyes widened, then looked stern.

"No tricks!" the renegade warned. "The residents of this house are tied up inside, and the servants are locked in a closet. I've hired a few henchmen to help me, and they're guarding the prisoners." He gestured with the blaster. "Come inside! Now!"

No one said a word in response. With a gulp, Jackie followed the grim-faced adults toward the door.

16. Neon Star

Mar 30, 2000
    Jackie minced across the threshold in silence. Her sneakers clicked on the gleaming marble floor as she stepped into the foyer. The excitement she would have felt at actually getting to meet her TV heroes had been swallowed up by cold fear.

"Line up against the wall, all of you!" Marbolo gestured toward the hallway next to the foyer that spanned the length of the elegant drawing room. Out of the corner of her eye, Jackie saw Han reach stealthily for his blaster.

"Solo, you touch that blaster and it'll be the princess, not you, who dies." Marbolo pointed his own blaster at Leia as he spoke. Cursng, Han dropped his right hand to his side. Leia glared fiercely at the ex-Empire official. Jackie swallowed hard.

Silently, Luke, Han, Lando, and Leia leaned against the yellowish-beige wall. In that instant, Jackie saw two caballeros and one servant boy crouched on the floor next to them, hands tied behind their backs.

The younger don was the taller one. He had coal-black hair and blue eyes, and he wore a blue vest over a bleached, ruffled, snow-white linen shirt. The older gentleman had grey hair, and he wore a bright red vest over his ruffled linen shirt, and a pair of matching trousers. Both men had mustaches and wore quality leather boots.

The boy, who appeared to be 14 or 15, wore a homespun, unbleached, off-white cotton shirt, a pair of matching trousers, a light-brown wool sash, and a pair of woven-leather sandals. He had scrunched his knees up against his waist. The boy and the two caballeros stared at their visitors' strange clothes.

It's Don Diego and Don Alejandro and Felipe! Jackie thought. She glanced self-consciously at her light-green T-shirt, blue jeans, and brown sneakers. They must think we look wierd.

17. JobiWan

JobiWan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 1999
    If somone needs lightsaber effects done I could do some.

18. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    so could a lot of people here

What programs will you use for the effects? Will you also do sound? I don't need you for my film, I already know how to make lightsaber effects (and sound), I'm just curious.

DM

19. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999
    Yeah, I'm curious as well.

I have seen some people post about how they need that work. Maybe you should post again soliciting for saber work. I'll bet you get more responses. I'll go back and tell the people that need it to come here.

And I'd like to say it's very generous of you to offer your services.

20. Jedi Chimi

Jedi Chimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2000
    I'd be willing to do sound effects for people that need them done.

21. JobiWan

JobiWan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 1999
    I use 1 of 2 things. Axogon or photoshop. I might do sound or might not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.