main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Search of the "of the": Social Thread v8.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Now that's more like it.

EDIT: Never been the top of the page before... I'd like to thank Boter for making this possible, and uhh.... The Academy. The Jedi Academy, for giving me this honor.

And now for something else: RED TAILS IS STILL GOING!
    I've been anticipating this film for the longest time, but it's really taking a long time... This is good news though, great pick for a composer for sure.

2. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
  3. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I decided to cut together a little trailer for this ten minute short I'm making. Sadly, Youtube has darkened the image a fair bit and it's a pretty dark looking piece...bugger! Awh well, check it out if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3heUAMfzvQ

4. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Another year older, another year without a real lightsaber... Gotta get to work on that. lol

5. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Congrats on not dying over the past year!

6. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
  7. AndyJarosz

AndyJarosz Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2009
    What'd you guys think of Tree of Life?

8. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    FIGHT

SKATE

9. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    FUNK-E

!

10. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    I LIKE

MEMES

11. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    ME

TOO

12. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    So, what everybody think of the latest cinematic trailer for the old republic that released today? I personally might've peed a little from the epicures while watching it. The people who made it reall need to make a damn feature length star wars film. He'll, they should've made the prequels. And the fighting was amazing. I'm gonna try and use it as a template for my lcc entry, (won't come close to that level of awesome, but that's not gonna stop me from trying, lol)...

Yeah...

13. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Absolutely astounding.

Absolute shame it's going to be a pay-for-play MMO because this one has sold me more than anything; the last damn impressive trailer was all Jedi vs. Sith but this one showed a couple extra classes as well. Whatshisface with the hat and duster looked really cool, makes me wonder just how customized you can make your appearance.

14. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I thought that trailer was AMAZING! Wow, really, really well done. Oddly though I disagree with you Sith-Man, I think some of the saber fighting was the weakest part of it, mostly the 2v1. The pacing and editing, not to mention the overall quality, was just great.

And honestly I never even had a slight inclination this wouldn't be pay-to-play. Every MMO that has at least made a stand has been that way.

15. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    The cowboy look really, really bothers me. It's like they yanked Karl Urban outta Priest and thrust him into the Star Wars universe. It'd work for Firefly or something, maybe even Trek, but not this.
    Once they moved past that point, I thought it was great. The look of their animation is gorgeous and all the action is high-energy and inventive. Very cool. Too bad the game isn't going to look anything like this.
    I'm sure I'll still play it, heh. About time to upgrade my system.

Bioware should be put in charge of the sequel trilogy. Even if they did it in game form, if it was as good as TFU1, I'd so allow it into the canonical corners of my Star Wars-lovin' heart.
    Let's make this **** happen.

16. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Yeah, it was an amazing trailer. I love their way of injecting Han Solo and the Falcon from the OT right into this era. If you consider the Original Trilogy "modern times," this game is the Old West, and Han Solo is thus a cowboy. But in this Old West technology is exactly the same.

But in reality, they did an amazing job on the trailer. It was finally good to see some conversation. The first trailer had none if I remember forrectly, the second one had some narration, and now we finally get to see some characters interact, and the acting in general was great! This gives me high hopes for the game, because Bioware is really priding themselves on the amount of vocal work in this game.

But on a side note, does anyone find it weir that the Jedi clearly sense an attack coming, see it happen, and don't bother to yell out "raise shields" or "code red" or something. Yeah, they get moving after a couple seconds, but it seemed weird to me. Either way, excited for the game, though I told myself I wouldn't pick up an MMO again since they eat up all my time, and now I've got a new job I have to devote more time to.

17. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Actually, the first and the second one both have naration.

Well, considering the fact that it's officially been given the total of "most expensive mmo ever", and bioware has stated that if it doesn't bring in a good amount of profit, that'll pretty much be bankrupt. I'd be kinda worked if it was f2p. lol

What do you mean? The first half of the last trailer didn't have Jedi, it was a bunch of badassery soldiers taking out a sith army. lol

You know, after watching this one, I watched the one from last year, and when she showed up and turned on her saber giving Malgus that look, it seemed so much more of a "payback" kinda look than it did before. lol. Odd, but still, whatever.

18. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    It's a look thats been introduced in the Clone Wars by the Cad Bane character for a few years now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj2uFxS-kgY
    I personally love it. Perfect for a smuggler, and works for Cad as a bounty hunter as well.

Another beauty cinematic to come out of E3 with some killer animation and creative choreography: Assassin's Creed Revelations

Assassin's Creed Revelations

19. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm not saying that TOR [/i]shouldn't[/i] be free to play, I'm just saying that it disappoints me greatly because it means that in all likelihood I will not be playing it. I know my gaming habits, I'd play rabidly for a month or two and then not touch it for half a year.

20. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    I've been waiting for someone to make a Portal fanfilm, and finally found one, huzzah! Outside Aperture

21. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Super 8 blew me away. Its everything you wanted from it and more. Its seriously good times.

22. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    I saw Outside Aperture last week, loved it. I especially loved the mundane utility of the thing, like how she got out of bed in the morning.

Also worth checking out is this Portal stage performance :D

23. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    I love the backscratching scene. Awesome find.

24. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    That was great. Chell's got issues.

25. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    All righty, I've got one for you guys.

I'm putting the final touches on a project and would love some input. My current obsession is analyzing the first ten minutes of films, then scoring them based on how well they set up the rest of the movie. This is something I've been thinking about for a few years, haven't seen anyone doing it, so I'm scratching my own itch.

What is your opinion about posting the first ten minutes of the film itself along with the review? I had always thought this was a no-no (especially with that site that tried to host FTM trailers a few years back) but now I'm not so sure. If uploaded under fair use, with purpose to educate, does anyone see a red flag on the horizon? I noticed Ryan's Iron Man 2 review is still up and had to wonder if that disclaimer (plus the promise of not making money from it) was enough to keep the sharks at bay.

Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated!

Re: Old Republic trailer - did anyone else get a bit bored of the shameless steals from other Star Wars movies? Seemed like every other shot was pulled from the films. Loved the look, but the homage/originality mix was hard to swallow. //$0.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.