In Search of the "of the": Social Thread v8.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. TrowaGP02a Jedi Master

star 4
    Huh. Looks like they're making a Star Trek movie.
  2. Ripper Jedi Master

star 3
    No, take a closer look, its a star wars movie ;)
  3. VaporTrail Jedi Master

star 6
  4. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    Mhe, I'll watch StarGate instead. I'll probably WATCH star trek, but not because I like it, I just want to see if it'll actually make me like it.

The trailer didn't give me much though, except from Scotty. The cons about it includes both sex-scenes(..ish), and kids flying the most sophisticated space craft there is.

cause THAT makes sense. I don't care how good the kid is behind the wheel, he can never outmatch experience.

...which I guess is equally lacking from anyone, but STILL!

effing TREK.
  5. bobaandy123 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Experience the awesome as it unfolds.
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23112
  6. Boter Jedi Master

star 4
    :'(

Anywho. Just finished putting new wheels on the car... proud of myself that I managed to do it (A) without breaking anything and (B) more or less by myself (needed help getting a rusted wheel off).

Before: [image=http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Gordmobile/Photo%20Set%20July%202%202008/Thumbnail%2038.jpg]

After: [image=http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Gordmobile/Rim%20Job/Rims%20013.jpg]

In other news, it seems that I chronically overuse Dutch angles.
  7. DarthRicmu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Explain....

8. Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_angle

Epic X for you the, Dorkman? I'm not sure you'll be able to resist ;)
  9. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    crooked angles, not actual hollandic angles ;)
  10. DarthRicmu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welll they are actually German angles as far as I read from the Wiki article. Only that the English speaking folks around the world are so unable to hold German (also called Deutch) and Dutch seperate... they called them Dutch... :p

We stole something :p

Yeeha....
  11. PixelMagic Jedi Master

star 5

You and I will have words later.
  12. CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I still haven't watched Dark Knight. And I am proud of it!
  13. Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I sort of agree with him. Not so much about it trying to be Star Wars, but certainly about it trying not to be Star Trek.
  14. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've never understood why people should take pride in ignorance of any kind.
  15. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

On another note, those who did not like Tropic Thunder have serious issues. I know Pixel liked it :p

Also, concerning the new RED announcement, isn't it weird how they can produce EPIC (quite literally) cameras that look like very sophisticated machinery, and have yet to make promo images of high quality? In this case, the camera thingo itself looks cool, but the framing around the image, with the description and whatnot, look crappy as always...

'tis weird.
  16. PixelMagic Jedi Master

star 5
    While The Dark Knight is a good film, I think Batman Begins is a far more entertaining film. I'll be honest, I was hyped for TDK, but in the end felt underwhelmed. I can watch Batman Begins many times over. TDK, after one or two views...I think I'm done.

Actually, it's very rare that I ever watch a comedy film. Especially at theaters. So to that end, I have not seen Tropic Thunder, and after watching the trailer, I do not have plans to ever watch it.
  17. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    it's got loads of explosions, and a black Rob Downey. what more can you ask? an aussie Rob Downey? ..got that too ;)
  18. Ryan_W VIP

VIP
    star 4
    It's a lost cause, bro.
  19. dan-yoda Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The fact that the article's pictorial example was from Battlefield Earth made me ROFL [face_laugh]
  20. PixelMagic Jedi Master

star 5
    Well, what's the general consensus here? Is Tropic Thunder worth watching? I am basing my thoughts on the trailer, which made the film look stupid.

I mean, trailers have been wrong before, so if you guys think I should check it out, maybe I will.

I will state, however, that despite my apparent stereotype around here, I will not watch a movie for explosions and/or T&A.
  21. Vidina Jedi Master

star 4
    general consensus is; (after watching the trailer) watch it. The trailer didn't do it justice.

And also, watch it just because Tom Cruise is in it, and you won't even notice that until the very end.
  22. dan-yoda Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I liked Tropic Thunder, but I was slightly disappointed by some of the silliness in it. With all the intelligent humor with the satirizing of modern Hollywood, the fake trailers, black Robert Downey Jr., and other stuff, I thought the film was marred by a bunch of flat-out silly stuff that just seemed out of place (a lot of Jack Black's antics, the child warlord, etc.). I still highly enjoyed the movie and it is defiantly worth seeing, Pixel.
  23. Darth_Abdax Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I suffer from the same affliction. The real fun began when my Mom asked me to take photos to sell her house.
  24. SilentBat Jedi Knight

star 4
    I agree with you 90% ... I don't think it's worth watching.

25. Sith-Man Jedi Master

star 4
    ... Haven't done this in a while, so... BAM!

:D
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.