main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"In the Begining....."

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by vader_skywalker, Nov 27, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob The Jawa

Bob The Jawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 1999
    http://fan.starwars.com/ladyjedi/files/JAWAgif.gif
    I think that is right.

-Utini

2. Bob The Jawa

Sep 25, 1999
    Ask a question, or it's up for grabs.

-Utini

3. Chumpi

Chumpi Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2000
    Yorik Coral to be precise

Easy one - How many times was Bevel Lemelisk executed?
    http://www.starwarz.co.uk http://www.starwarz.co.uk

4. vader_skywalker

vader_skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 27, 1999
    ?And it has come to pass, from this day forth the Sith shall be abolished from communications with any civilized communities. They shall be confined to the outer rim worlds of Casnerdo and Vammix, and there they will remain for their natural lives. The only communications will be with the Jedi that will frequent the area to maintain a sentinel.?

A sleazy looking Palnoid eyed the crumpled old cloth turning it over to inspect the reverse side. ?Where did you get this??asked Bynor.
    ?I received it from the most noble of Crynothians,? replied Mynoo a three legged Bemian.
    ?Crynothian! When have you ever seen a Crynothian? You probably had some old ledger forge it in the back room of a tavern,? remarked Bynor. ?Have you got proof??
    Mynoo leaned back on his rear leg and reached into the upper pocket of his flight jacket. He removed a holo cube and a voice card. He arranged them on the table that he and Bynor were sitting at. He opened the holo cube and slid the voice card into a slot located at the base of the cube. With a touch of the blue colored button positioned at the top of the cube, a hologram appeared.
    ?Greetings, my name is Gynon. I am the royal representative of Crynothia, an inhabited planet of the Stoonial system in sector seven of the outer rim planets. If you are seeing this hologram then you must possess a fragment of the ancient Jedi lineage cloth. Each fragment is a remnant of a whole delineation. If all fragments are found and placed together as a puzzle, then a bound map will appear with the location of the ?Eternal Flame?. The ?Eternal Flame? is the said heart of the all encompassing Force. Myth has it that only the pure of heart, whether it be dark or light, will posses the abilities to sway the flame to burn for only one side. The ?Eternal Flame? is what has kept and continues to keep the Force in a balance, to keep in check that which is evil and that which is good. For eons the ?Eternal Flame? has been hidden from all by the only true Jedi, the father of all which is good and evil, the first to understand and use that which is known by all as the Force, he who is named Renn-Gon-Sith. Though there have been many followers of Renn-Gon-Sith, none have been able to find the ?Eternal Flame?. Only with the Jedi lineage cloth and a true heart will one find it.?

5. Bob The Jawa

Sep 25, 1999
    Apparantly it's not as easy as you thought.

-Utini

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Nice! Keep writing!

7. vader_skywalker

May 27, 1999
    Across the dimly lit tavern sat a young looking male human. He was dressed in a new pair of flight pants that were colored dark blue with a silver stripe down the outside of the leg, and a neatly pressed silver shirt that was covered by a slightly worn gray flak jacket. The young man was a little thin for his average height with dark groomed hair and a small black mustache. He was sitting alone drinking a small glass of something with an orange tint, but his attention was focused on the two freighter pilots talking over a holographic image of a very odd looking creature. As the waitress floated by and filled his glass, he asked if she knew what kind of species that was in the hologram. She mouthed something to the effect that she wasn?t an encyclopedia of galactic knowledge and if he wanted to know he should ask the two pilots watching the image.

8. vader_skywalker

May 27, 1999

[p]?We?re entering orbit, now? mentioned the co-pilot of an old Bemian scout transport as he turned knobs and pushed buttons on the command console, ?We?ll land as soon as we get clearance.?[/p]

[p]The Bemian scout transport was definitely from the pre WAR days. It?s plasma engines had been retro fitted with hyperterminal connectors and ion generators which meant it had hyperspace capabilities. The pilot and co-pilot were the three legged odd looking Bemians, but the passenger was a tall, thin female humanoid.[/p]

[p]?Are you sure he?s down there?? asked Melia, the female humanoid. Melia was extremely attractive even by humanoid standards with long dark hair and deep blue eyes. She was dressed in, what appeared to be, some sort of battle fatigues. Even with the heavier clothing she wore it was apparent that she was physically fit.[/p]

[p]?The last communication we had from Mynoo was in this sector. We do have conformation of a faint tracking signal generation from the planet below, and it is uncommon for Bemians to be this far from home. I?m sure he?s down there.? said Simmo, the scout transport pilot.[/p]

[p]?He had better be, because if I don?t have what belongs to me within six hours the deals off.? replied Melia.[/p]

9. Nomi_Sunrider

Nomi_Sunrider Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2000
    Lemelisk was executed seven times.

What was Tanith Shire's occupation, and who or what kept her people enslaved?

10. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2000
    What was Tanith Shire's occupation,

a supply tug operator at the Fondor shipyards

and who or what kept her people enslaved?

the Serpent Masters

Here's an easy one:
    How many Death Stars (in total) were built?

11. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Unless I miscounted and that is possible hehehe 2

Which 2 rouges were left on Bothawui in Vision of the Future?

12. Carha Nenew

Carha Nenew Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2000
    If I remember correctly 3. One in ANH, one in ROTJ, and one built in the maw.

What is Thrawn's full name?

13. Carha Nenew

Carha Nenew Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2000
    Aarrgghh!!! Double post!

[This message has been edited by Carha Nenew (edited 05-22-2000).]

14. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2000
    Which 2 rouges were left on Bothawui in Vision of the Future?

Wedge and Corran

What is Thrawn's full name?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Someone ask the next question, I can't think of one right now.

15. Bob The Jawa

Sep 25, 1999
    http://www.geocities.com/bob_the_jawa/bobjawa.gif
    Q:What three types of vision are possible with C-3P0s Myriad Visual System?

~Utinni

16. Astraea Skywalker

Astraea Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    A: Human, Neon, & Infra-Red

Q: What species is Ke Daiv?

17. Astraea Skywalker

Astraea Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Hint: Rogue Planet

18. Jedi Blaze

Jedi Blaze Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2000
    A: Blood Carver.

Q:Who designed the B-Wing?

19. Jedi Blaze

Jedi Blaze Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2000
    A: Blood Carver.

Q:Who designed the B-Wing?

20. G'rfeeld Mandrell

G'rfeeld Mandrell Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    Admiral Ackbar and the Verpine colonies of Slayn and Korpil

Who was the Captain of the Quenfis charged with the Katana fleet mission?

21. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ok kiddies heres another wacky topic from yor old pal the Scream Man;

Whats the hardest FX shot u have done/have planned and why? Now i know that this may give some of the game away in regards to movies, but the board has been a little to dull and all technical stuff (ie-stuff I dont understand) lately, so lets JAZZ IT UP and have some FUN here!!!

For One Force, the hardest shot we have planned involves me leaping from a carpark roof, into the Orcz, which is hovering a few metres away. At this point the plan calls for me to run to the edge of the roof OL, and then we are going to build a replica of the outta wall in our blue screen area, and hook me onto a harness. Then, when it is time for the big jump, we'll film in the blue room, and Ill jump and sail over the camera gracefully.
    Thats in theory. Heres hopin we can pull it off!!!
    Now Im sure that many of u have funny stories like this one. Nate, PTH must have had some trickery! Saeed, dude, cmon u can tell us! The boys at Knightquest: all of u must have some wackytale! Legacy lads, I know the leap was off a pool board, but thre must have een other hard bits!
    Cmon kats and cittens ! Send me your insanity!

*checks watch*
    dang Im hyper this morning...I may actuall have a good day at work!

22. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Who, me...?

The most exciting stunt I have ever performed was to walk down the centre of my office at work, where the CG droid was to be placed in afterwards. I insisted on doing the stunt myself, much to the dismay of my lawyers.

Saeed TTC

23. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Hardest effect . . .

Well, there's one in PTH that would've been difficult, but Dev's insane, so nevermind that one.

Uhm, the one that sticks out in my mind, I guess, is a scene written for 2S. It's not so much a difficult effects scene, but we've got two characters in a somewhat in-depth emotional/bonding scene, and all the while, they'll have to be working on a part-CG, part-real swoop, that one of them will have to be laying on when it activates and lifts into hover-mode. It's hard to explain, but that'll probably be the hardest, since it'll need to be so subtle, and the effect isn't the focus of the scene, so the framing of the shot won't be easy for the CG guys.

24. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Hmm...that's tough. So far, every effect was fairly easy to pull off once we figured out how. Some of the more interesting were 1) Me getting my arm sliced off, where you actually see the arm fly off. The effect design called for this to be accomplished by having a blue sock around my arm and a fake arm taped over it with scotch tape and then yanked away with a piece of fishing line, having Abby...Someone slice my arm with a half-bladed lightsaber which whould be extended in post production, and bluescreening out my arm. Unfortunately, the shoot ran late. We intentionally shot in half-darkness against a bright sky for the dramatic effect (any of you who have seen the trailer know what I mean by this), but by the time we got the shot we wanted it was too dark and the blue sock didn't show up on film as any different than my black outfit. Not to be undone, I used an animated geometry in Axogon, filled it blue, and then animated it so it covered my severed arm. Then I used ChromaKey to bluescreen it out. But, now I was sitting there with this clean cut in my arm, and it looked totally fake. So, I created another geometry with a dark red-black color to simulate the singed flesh, and it (to my amazement) looked great, and I was able to salvage the shot.

2) The Force Heal effect. This was more a matter of figuring out how to do it without painting every frame. What I wound up doing was using Axion Flare Effects and some pretty wierd flare settings animated over about 15 frames to get the look I wanted. Then I added a particle scatter to the mix just for good measure.

3) The frozen world where Abby...Someone vaults vertical over my head (with me standing totally upright on the ground no less), and the action freezes/camera pans at the apex of his vault. This one we're doing this weekend. We're hauling a 14ft diameter x 4ft high trampoline a quarter mile up a mountain and assembling it up there. We've got 12 camcorders, setup on and bolted to a platform mounted between two tripods at a height of eight feet, and looking down at a semi-severe angle. The cameras will sit above the trampoline, just skirting its right rear edge, giving us an interesting angle to work from, and the board will be mounted about 3 degrees off level to give a climb effect as the "camera" pans.
    We have a pair of nice thick spring matresses and one thick futon for Abby...Someone to land on at the end of his vault. The cameras will be set up so that the trampoline and the futons will be just out of the frame. Then, it's a matter of using the clapboard, doing the flips, and putting it all together in post production. I'll be sure to tell you guys how it works out!
    -Lokmer

25. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Go for it, Lok!

BTW, have TFN got back to you regarding the trailer?

Saeed TTC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.