main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"In the Begining....."

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by vader_skywalker, Nov 27, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    BFTZ has a trailer?
    Why was I not informed! Where is it? I want one!

2. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I actually thought of another tricky one, involving a bar fight. I have mentioned in other threads I wasnt sure how to pull this off, but we have it now. We will be using a room behind Reben and Sams church. In the afternoon, we'll take the rooms furniture out. We then will construct the bar, and add the furniture. By that evening we will have rehearsed the scene ready for a late night shoot. The next day we will take the room to pieces again, and put it back the way it was. Time consuming and fairly tricky, but a cool shot (I hope)

3. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    Reading this boring thread was hard 8-( Just kidding homeys tongue.gif

4. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_Scream_Man:
    BFTZ has a trailer?
    Why was I not informed! Where is it? I want one!

I'm afraid said item is available by invitation only. Maybe if you ask real nice like...?

Saeed TTC

5. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Short Round McFly:
    Reading this boring thread was hard...

Surely you appreciated the humour in my first post here?

Short Round: "I did appreciate it. And don't call me Shirley..."

I do my best to lighten up this forum, but sometimes I don't know why I bother...

Saeed TTC

6. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
  7. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Short Round McFly:
    :cool:

Hey! I got a :cool: ! Not quite a *LOL* , but I'm getting there...!

Saeed TTC

8. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    ::gives Saeed a "LOL" just for the helluvit before going to work to deal with the idiot masses of the area::

(Boredom is bad.)

9. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Well, the last I had heard Azeem and Morpheus had seen the trailer but had not made a decision on it. Seeing the plethora of new films since then (about a week and a half ago) I can understand why. I hope to hear from them soon. Hopefully they won't begrudege me the following:

BFTZ trailer can be found at http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/trailer.rm http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/trailer.rm
    It's in RealVideo format.
    The page for the film is at http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/bftz.html http://artisticwhispers.homestead.com/files/bftz.html

Another tough effect: A blaster hit on an arm. I actually wound up using a compressed air bullet hit, but instead of filling the pouch with blood I filled it with barbecue ash, so it made a nice cloud of smoke, In post production I added in a lens flare (which colored the smoke so it looked like a flame) and then the blaster bolt itself. It's one of those that was easy to pull off once I figured out how to get convincing smoke without setting myself on fire.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I'll tell you how it turns out.
    -Lokmer

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    hey Lok, the trailer wouldnt work man. I got audio, but no video

11. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Scream - The trailer worked fine for me... time for a re-install, perhaps?

Lokmer - these recent films must have been approved many weeks prior to their release, if my film is anything to go by...

Perhaps they are concerned with the 'cartoon violence'? Hmmmm....

Saeed TTC

12. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathan PTH:
    (Boredom is bad.)

How can people be bored when TFN is releasing so much variety of quality trailers and tests these days?

I just watched the latest 'Way Of The Force' trailer. It rocks... IMHO looks to me like the best combination so far of story/cgi/sabre fights etc from any fan film....

And if that's not enough, now we have 'Matrix Jedi' to look forward to!

Bored? phooey!!!

Saeed TTC

PS Notice how I mentioned all that without referring to my own film in any way...heh heh... oh, I just mentioned it now... never mind..

13. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathan PTH:
    Hardest effect . . .

Well, there's one in PTH that would've been difficult, but Dev's insane, so nevermind that one.

LOL! yeah he is, I can't beleave he did it... he could of been killed... he's a nut

14. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Yes, but in the words of that old sportscaster:

"It's pretty! It's SOOOOO pretty!"

15. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    so what exactly did Dev do that was so insane?
    -Lokmer

16. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lokmer:
    so what exactly did Dev do that was so insane?
    -Lokmer

he decided to go work with Nathan!

Sorry mate, I couldnt resist it...

17. NejaaHalcyon

NejaaHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2000
    hardest thing to edit, says Josh, is your sabers when you and Reuben are fightin full ball, which u always are.
    apart from that, our shot's shouldn't be that hard

18. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Heh, it's about as bad as having to work with me, Scream Man. ::smirk::

As for what it really was, Lok . . . that would be telling. You'll recognize it when the film's released. It's the only thing comparable with insanity.

19. Short Round McFly

Nov 13, 1999
    Alright, here's your damn *LoL* :cool: Keep it. tongue.gif

20. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Woohoo!

That's two 'LOL's for me!

Now go back and read my 'opening crawl' joke in the thread of the same name...

Saeed TTC

21. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Ok, Saeed, here's another one. LOL! I don'[t have to go back and read it, it cracked me up and I still remember it.

Well, I'm off to see the lizard. I hope I come back alive (actually, our stunt man backed out at the last minute, so I hope Abby...Someone - who now has to do this rather foolhardy bit of acrobatics - comes back alive). See you guys this evening!
    -Lokmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.