In the Darkness Bind Them (JA era, drama/angst) FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: In Darkness Bind Them
    Author: Sheleigh
    Disclaimer: Not mine! I don?ft own them, simply borrow my favorite characters to write about and torture?c or not. The title was taken from the last line of Tolkien?fs Lord of the Rings poem.
    Summary: Master and Apprentice search for answers, before darkness blankets all.

The light from the blood red saber being ignited filled the darkness of the room. It cast an eerie light on its owners face. The wielder of the lightsaber walked forward, approaching a young man, chained to the wall, unconscious. The shadowed form reached one clawed hand out touching the cheek of the young man, tracing a light path across his cheek. Hand met cheek, causing an echo to resonate in the silent room. A low groan of pain was elicited from the young man. His eyes opened, made foggy by pain. As soon as the eyes opened the young man found himself staring death in the face, and he was afraid.

Obi-Wan Kenobi?fs eyes snapped open, a cry of pain threatening to break through carefully constructed shields. He sat up quickly, and after checking his chrono, decided it useless to try and fall into another restless sleep. He instead stood, dressed, and walked into small living room in the quarters he shared with his Master- Qui-Gon Jinn. Still unsure of what the dream he had symbolized, he decided meditation would be the best course of action, and settled on his knees, almost immediately falling into a deep meditation.

The Force flowed around him, through him. The pain was excruciating. Never before had Obi-Wan felt pain from the Force. He tried to pull himself out of the meditation he had fallen into, but the Force grasped him again, pulling him back. A groan escaped the young man?fs physical body, as his soul was pulled forcefully from the body. Obi-Wan fought the Force, but finally gave into the pull and let him self go.

A loud thump woke Qui-Gon from his deep sleep. He sighed, wondering what Obi-Wan had dropped, broken or otherwise maimed by accident. The Jedi Master stood up and walked out of his bedroom, pausing in the doorway, shocked. On the carpet lay Obi-Wan, unconscious, and from the looks of it- barely breathing. Qui-Gon rushed towards his apprentice, fell to his knees beside him, and searched frantically for a pulse. Finally finding one, he slid his hands and arms under Obi-Wan?fs body, and made a frantic dash towards the healers?f wing.

Qui-Gon barreled into the healers, surprising all in the waiting room. A healer saw the boy grasped in Jinn?fs arms, and immediately motioned for Qui-Gon to follow. He did, setting Obi-Wan on a gurney, and then tried to follow a healer into the emergency room. The healer turned towards Qui-Gon motioning for him to leave. Qui-Gon was left staring at the doors.
    A short time later, Qui-Gon was allowed to see his apprentice. The Jedi Master walked into the small room which his apprentice occupied. He hesitated, then reached out for his Padawan?fs hand, grasping it tightly in his own.
    ?gPadawan, Obi-Wan?c wake up?c?h

Obi-Wan watched in curious detachment as he floated above his body, and his Master. His Master was leaned over him, whispering. Obi-Wan strained to hear what the Master was saying, and finally was unable to determine what it was. He felt the Force pulling him away. Again Obi-Wan fought, but the pull was insistent, and the apprentice felt himself being pulled away from the temple. The apprentice?fs spirit was taken down a long tunnel then dumped into a large chamber.
    Obi-Wan glanced around and floated towards the darkest corner. The young man yelped in surprise at seeing a figure chained the wall. Obi-Wan floated closer, until feet lay between the two. Upon closer inspection, he realized the boy to be a Jedi Padawan, a boy by the name of?c Obi-Wan gasped, realization setting in. The boy chained to the wall was Garen.
    Obi-Wan once again felt him self being sucked through a tunnel of Force. All the boy could see was the image of his friend, chained to the wall. Abruptly, the journey en
  2. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Intriguing. Please continue.
  3. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Interesting, please continue
  5. lt_ketch09 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! Cool! [face_shocked]

Post more! :)
  6. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the feedback! :) Don't know exactly when the next post will be up.

7. Ganki Force Ghost

star 3
    *jaw drops to the floor* wow!

MORE SOON PLEASE!
  8. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGod! Not Garen!! My favourite character! Well after Obi-Wan of course. I'm soooo going to follow this story!

Please, just don't kill him!
  9. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oooh, very interesting. Very angsty. Just what we all like. Please post again soon!
  10. KenobisGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooo, this looks great so far! Another story to read. Excellent!

More soon please! :)

KG :cool:
  11. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    *blushes* aww... thanks guys. As I said earlier, I don't know when the next post will be up.. school is drawing to a close and we're moving. Joy. Anyways, Thanks for the wonderful feedback, I will try to get another post up... well... sometime soon, hopefully. :D
  12. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    ee, this fell pretty quick. Oh well...

Up!!
  13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh sith oh sith oh sith

need more Sheleigh!!

Don't leave us hanging!!
  14. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    I am upping,hoping to get brownie points and you will post sooner.I do know moving will consume alot of time.Glad to hear you survived another year of school.PEACE Ewen
  15. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
  16. BlueJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    loving this story!

Up

Up
  17. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    *blushes* Thanks for the feedback! Well, here is the next post. This will probably be it, until next week... but then again, I don't know. But, I digress. Again, thanks for the wonderful feedback... and here is your post!

Qui-Gon tried in vain to calm his apprentice. The Force induced sleep was indeed working, but wasn?t calming the boy?s mind as it should. He reached for the bond, long silent, and found the shields erected around the young man to be impenetrable. Qui-Gon tried once again, trying to wake the young man with the Force.

Obi-Wan felt him self floating again. The sensation, so familiar with it was he, felt normal. He once again felt himself being pulled down the tunnel of the Force, spilling into the same dark chamber from earlier. He immediately went towards Garen, blinking at the shocking change in the boy.
    Using the Force, Obi-Wan checked swiftly for a pulse. After a great length of time, he found one, beating erratically. The boy continued his Force examination, wincing each time he felt a serious wound.
    A very loud thundering noise stopped Obi-Wan. He paused, then realizing he was more or less a spirit, continued to examine Garen.
    This explained why Obi-Wan was appropriately surprised at the white hot pain he felt explode through his body.
    ?Who are you?? a cold voice asked. Obi-Wan shook him self, attempting to figure out what exactly had happened. ?WHO ARE YOU?? Obi-Wan screamed again, the pain being inflicted upon his mind quite real.
    ?W-who are you??
    ?My name is irrelevant. I want to know who you are, and I want to know NOW.?
    Obi-Wan silently begged to be released from this dream. ?My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Padawan to Master Qui-Gon Jinn.? Obi-Wan shuddered, suppressing a scream as his mind was invaded.
    ?Oh, this is too great! Jinn?s wonderful apprentice comes waltzing in here? in spirit? but that can easily be corrected. Well, boy, you don?t know me. But, I most definitely know you. Tell you what, you come to me? by free will, and this boy won?t die??
    Obi-Wan paused, considering his options. The thought of leaving his Master was terrifying, but knowing he could save his best friend by sacrificing himself...
    ?I? agree?? The man laughed again.
    ?Good, good, now maybe you will let me continue with my original thought. The boy won?t die? too painfully.?
    ?NO!? Obi-Wan felt him self being drawn back through the Force.
    ?Don?t forget your promise, boy!?

?Padawan! Wake up!? A deep breath was drawn in, and Obi-Wan opened his eyes, glancing around warily. ?Do you know where you are??
    ?Yes, Master. I?m in the healers ward.?
    ?Good. Do you mind telling me what that dream was about? You seemed terrified. Before you fell asleep you mentioned Garen? did your dream have anything to do with this?? Obi-Wan shook his head.
    ?No, Master. It was a nightmare; I would rather not talk about it??
    ?Very well. Are you hungry??
    ?No, Master? um? actually yes.?
    Qui-Gon laughed heartily. ?I would be afraid of the day Obi-Wan Kenobi wasn?t hungry. Come; let us get you something to eat. The healers said you could leave their grasp as soon as you woke.? He assisted Obi-Wan in getting out of bed, then left the healers? ward.

He sat, grinning. The thought of what he would be able to accomplish as soon as Kenobi arrived gave him chills. Oh yes, this really was too great. Qui-Gon Jinn?s apprentice falling into his grasp? And on the account of the boy chained to the wall. If he had known something like this would work, he would have tried ages ago.
    The man?s grin faltered, then left. Damn Jinn and his apprentice. Damn them both for being so? perfect. In a moment of blind rage, the man grabbed the knife that rested next to his foot, went over to the young Jedi chained to the wall. He stabbed Garen once in the shoulder. Not fatal, he decided, another grin splitting his face, just painful, very painful.

?Padawan?? Qui-Gon knocked softly on his apprentice?s door. Finding
  18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  19. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Arwen! :) Hmm... fell pretty quickly. Oh well! up!
  20. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  21. Enigma_Jade Jedi Knight

star 2
    ::gapes:: WOW! I'm hooked! More please! :D

EJ
  22. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Poor Garen and poor Obi! How did that monster get his hands on Garen in the first place?
  23. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    Good question, Cascadia. Was Garen on a mission or something?

Arrghh! Wait another full week.... :(
  24. sheleigh Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the feedback!

Cascadia- all will be explained... eventually ;)

Nat- might be less then a week... I don't know yet... I'll try to get up a post sooner then that, though...

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback!
  25. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes!! A post! I want a post!!

And UP! :) :) :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.