main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Darkness Bind Them (JA era, drama/angst) FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Nat- LOL! :D I really will try to get a post up before next Thursday... or so... anyways...

Up! (once more...)

2. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Just upping... :)

I still wonder why Obi-Wan did not tell Qui-Gon about Garen and his promise. I mean, he said that he would come to the bad guy willingly, not that he would come alone.

Anyway, Qui will have a big surprise when he wakes up! I foresee angst... lots of angst. But we all love that, don't we? :D

3. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Up! :)

4. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Going. . .UP! :)

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
  6. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    UUUPPPP!!!

7. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Write some more soon please. :)

8. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    That was great! I need more *squeals* I LOVE OBI ANGST! LOL

More soon please! *up*

9. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    I agree! We need more!! ::Begs::

EJ

10. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Up! You're killing us! Give us a post! ;)

11. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks for keeping this upped! I will try to get a post up soon... but this is the first time I have been near my computer for awhile... thank goodness the moving is over! Anyways, thanks again... post as soon as I can get it up!!! :)

12. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    My Jedi senses detect the begining of a great story!

Please write more soon!!!

13. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Mwhahaha! I have conquered the evil moving. And managed to get this post written before I fall asleep. Thanks for the wonderful feedback! Enjoy!

Obi-Wan walked down the silent hall of the Jedi Temple. Green eyes darted around nervously, checking for any unnoticed Jedi. He turned a corner and let out a startled yelp. Master Yoda stood in front of him, leaning heavily on his ever present gimmer stick.
    ?Going somewhere, are you, young Obi-Wan?? The Master looked up at him with knowing eyes. ?Seen many things you have, disturbed you, they have. Aware of this I am.?
    In a gesture of respect, Obi-Wan dropped gracefully to his knees. ?I?m sorry, My Master? but I sense something terrible.?
    ?So leaving you are, without your Master. Dangerous this is?? The young Jedi flinched at the mention of his Master.
    ?Please, Master Yoda, you can?t tell Master Qui-Gon. He?? the boy trailed off.
    ?Your Master he is! Trust him you should, help you he can.? Yoda emphasized his words with a thump of his stick.
    ?I trust Qui-Gon! He is like a father to me? and I couldn?t see him hurt??
    ?Then why are you leaving, Padawan??
    ?I...? abruptly, Obi-Wan stood, turned and fled, the images of Garen, his Master mixing and running through his head.
    A sad sigh escaped the diminutive Jedi Master. ?Prevented, this could not be. Much darkness I sense. Young Obi-Wan?s life hangs in the balance.? Nodding to himself, the Master set off towards a meditation garden, to contemplate the peculiar behavior of the young Jedi Padawan.

It was late the next morning when Qui-Gon woke. He felt unnaturally groggy, tired, not having achieved a good nights rest. The Master shook his head, trying to recall exactly what he had seen, but in the end could only remember emotions. pain? suffering? hatred.
    Sighing, he stood and walked out of the room. Noticing Obi-Wan?s door closed, the Master knocked quietly.
    ?Padawan? Wake up, Obi-Wan! You?re going to be late for classes!? exasperated, Jinn threw open the door, fully expecting his apprentice to leap out of bed in surprise.
    Instead he was met with an empty room. Noticing the datapad on the bed, he picked it up, calling the message for him up.
    Upon reading the letter, Qui-Gon collapsed to his knees, allowing himself to rest against Obi-Wan?s bed. Tears ran down his face as shock set in.

Anguish. An immense emotional pain seared through Obi-Wan?s mind. The Padawan bowed his head, realizing exactly who and what had happened. His Master had read the letter. The boy had a sudden overwhelming urge to turn the small craft he had confiscated from the temple around and go back to his Master.
    NO! I can?t? Qui-Gon might want to know why I left? no, he WOULD want to know why I left. He can?t find out? I have already betrayed him? I won?t hurt him anymore! I won?t!

The letter was short, but oh so painful to read. Qui-Gon glanced down at it again. The words, so many times had he read them, ran through his head.
    Master,
    I am sorry. Sorry for so many things. I thank you for my training, but more so, I thank you for being my Master. You have helped me in ways you couldn?t understand. I write you this letter, because I am leaving. More then anything I wish to stay, but that is no longer a choice for me. A promise was made? and I am honor bound to keep that promise. Please, Master, don?t search for me, I don?t want to see you hurt? any more then you already are.
    May the Force be with you,
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sudden determination filled the Jedi Master, where moments ago sorrow had laid. He stood, left Obi-Wan?s room, and collected his travel pack. A brief pause at the comm center, from which he sent a message to the council, more specifically Master Yoda, and he left the quarters, strolling down the hall hurriedly.
    Qui-Gon arrived at the hanger, intent upon getting to the closest ship possible. A guard stopped him, requesting that he go check with the personnel. Jinn glowered at the man, who was obviously not Jedi.
    ?Wh

14. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    OOH! Great post, Sheleigh! AHH! More, I must have MORE. . ! ::does her best invader zim impression:: [face_blush] Uh, just ignore me. . .

Again, great job!

EJ

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A new post, just before I go off to bed- thanks :)

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    :_| Why didn't Yoda stop him?

Post more soon.

17. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Ah, that meddling troll often knows things we don't! But he'd better know what he's doing this time!

Great post! I'm already waiting for the next one! Are we going to see Garen soon? :)

18. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Garen... hmm... perhaps... ;)

Thank you for all the wonderful feedback! :) I hope that you will continue to enjoy the story as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

A new post Friday, if at all possible! :) Until then! :D

19. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    YAY! Postie on Friday! YAYAYAY!

UP!

EJ

20. Enigma_Jade

Sep 4, 2001
    Um. . . :taps screen slightly:: I think my computer is not working correctly. . .it's Friday (Well, Monday here now), and I see no posty! :( ;)

Post!!

EJ

21. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Enigma_Jade- yep, it is Friday... er... well Monday... no wait it is Saturday... oh I'm so confused. Anyways, in my book the next day doesn't come until I fall asleep, so technically it isn't Saturday yet. Therefore it is Friday- and you will be getting a post very soon... most likely in the next half hour if everything goes well! :)

22. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    As always, thanks for the feedback! Enjoy!!

Generally, he was very sore. And in much pain, but somehow that was lessened by the fact that he was being held captive. Garen shook his head, trying to clear it.
    His captor strolled into the room, lazily. He walked up to Garen, and patted him on the head. The boy lifted his head, and glowered at the man. In response, he was slapped across the face.
    ?Well, boy, you?re little friend is on the way, no doubt to rescue you. It is really too bad he will die before he finds you. And you, my boy, will die soon after, so as to put you out of your misery.?
    ?No! Please? don?t kill Obi-Wan! Kill me instead, just don?t kill him??
    ?My my, how self-sacrificial of you both. One is always willing to die for the other. How touching. You know, you shouldn?t try and save your friend. It isn?t worth it? they only betray you.? Garen stared at the man incredulously.
    ?Obi-Wan wouldn?t betray me, or anyone else!?
    ?Oh, but he would. He left his Master to save you.?
    ?He wouldn?t want to see his Master hurt. He cares too much.?
    A yawn escaped Obi-Wan. He blinked, stretching in the pilot?s seat that he had occupied for hours. The trip was slow, giving him all the time in the world to think. And he really had no desire to think.
    Oh yes, thinking is definitely over-rated. Especially if you have recently betrayed you Master. GET OVER IT Kenobi! It is over. You have made your choice; you can?t go back on a promise. You will keep you Master safe, and save Garen. I wonder if the council knows Garen has gone missing.
    Obi-Wan started.
    Standing up, he walked over to a small holo-projector, and punched in a code to the Jedi Temple. His hand hovered over the transmission button. The boy gathered enough nerve to face the scrutiny of a roomful of irate High Council Masters, than pressed the transmission button.
    A soft chime rung outside the vast council chamber, and a very aggravated Jedi Master by the name of Mace Windu answered it.
    The young voice that came over the line told him the council had an open communication from Obi-Wan Kenobi. Mace curtly told the girl to accept it, and get a trace on the signal. She immediately complied, and before long, the image of the council?s frustrations appeared before them.
    The scene was almost humorous. A defiant, but nervous Jedi Padawan stared at the Masters he respected so much, and the Masters, in return, stared at the Jedi Padawan that had caused them the most frustration, and worry, though most wouldn?t admit it. Only Master Yoda seemed calm, which wasn?t surprising.
    It was Mace Windu that broke the silence. ?Kenobi! Where are you?!? Obi-Wan bowed his head, looking appropriately contrite.
    ?I?m sorry, My Masters. I cannot speak long. I wished to contact you, because Jedi Padawan Garen has gone missing. I am sure of this. May the Force be with you.? The council saw Obi-Wan reach forward and the comm shut off. Mace Windu checked to see if the tracking signal had gone through. The other Masters waited expectantly, a collective groan echoing in the Force when Windu shook his head no.
    Obi-Wan wiped his damp hands on his robe. The boy walked quickly back to his pilot?s chair, and dropped into it, gripping his head with his hands. Out of instinct, he checked the ETA, nearly falling off the chair as he saw he was due to arrive in a matter of hours. Intending to meditate, he knelt on the floor, and slipped into the comfort of the Force.

In Meditation

Obi-Wan drifted peacefully over the intricate patterns of the Force. Signatures of other Jedi drifted past, some giving him notice, others ignoring him. He opened himself completely to the Force, and allowed the brightness of it enter his soul. It wrapped itself around him, embracing him, giving him comfort. Strengthening him, as if it knew of something that was coming to pass.
    It was a moment later when he felt the tug from the bond he shared with his Master. It became stronger, more insistent, until Obi-Wan carefully all

23. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Really, this is pure mental Obi-torture! How sad... :D

And thanks for showing us Garen! :)

24. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    ooooooh!
    :eek:
    MOREMoreMOREMore

25. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Very good sheleigh, torture, suspense etc..., my kind of fic, more soon please. 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.