main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Darkness Bind Them (JA era, drama/angst) FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Nat- me... torture Obi? MWHAHAHAH! err... wait, I would never-!

Young_Mara- welcome to this humble fanfic, glad you liked it so far :)

Jedi7- Thank you! :) I'm glad you have liked it. :D

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback. No idea when the next post may be up, but it will hopefully be soon!! :)

2. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    *sigh* I always feel bad about upping my own fic... oh well...

Up!

3. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    If I up this, will you post?

JediCandy

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :) UP UP UP! :) 7

5. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    GREAT posties! I loved it.

My poor Obi-Kunny! *sighs* Oh Well I love any type of Obi/Angst be it mentally be it physically! they are all great! LOL

*thanks for the pm* UPPERS! Post soon *ahem* please!

6. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Great post! Poor Obi! :_|

Hmm. When can we expect more?? ::nudge nudge:: ;)

EJ

7. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Jedi Candy- It wasn't right away, but here is your post! :)
    Ganki- :D Hate to tell you, but Obi-Wan isn't any closer to being rescued now then he was in the last post! ;)
    Enigma Jade- I'm posting! here ya go! :)

His destination was becoming clearer. His ship settled gently into orbit, and Obi-Wan Kenobi waited for the expected com transmission. It came moments later, the button flashing an angry red, waiting for him to answer it.
    ?Obi-Wan Kenobi.? The laugh that filtered through the comm was cold.
    ?Hello, Kenobi, I trust your flight went well? Well, enough pleasantries. Land the ship in the outskirts of the main town. Then, fight your way into the town? the people here? aren?t the most pleasant, so don?t expect any friendly greetings... oh, did I forget to mention that they are all, for the most part, Force sensitive?? How foolish? must have slipped my mind.? Before Obi-Wan could respond, the communication was cut short, and he was left in silence.
    I have a bad feeling about this? of course, that is to be expected, seeing as I have managed to, most likely, break every rule the Jedi live by.
    A soft sigh escaped his lips, before he sat back in the chair, and started landing procedures. He shoved his thoughts away brutally, promising to re-examine them later, preferably when this mess was over.
    Fifteen minutes later, Obi-Wan finally exited the ship, looking around the barren location. The land was brown, and for the most part, dead. Ahead, he could see the towering city, smog covering it. Factories littered the skyline, huge smokestacks pouring out smoke, and other life killing chemicals.

He checked his travel pack quickly, before heading out. The trek for the most part, was boring, with no noticeable changes in scenery.
    That is it, was boring until he felt the Force urgently telling him to move- quickly. Years of training and listening proved to be Obi-Wan?s savior as he flipped easily out of the path of the blaster bolt. Smoothly, he pulled out his lightsaber, flipping the elegant weapon on. He deflected the bolts, carefully avoiding a killing blow to any of his attackers. A gurgled scream came out of the darkness, as the Force quivered around him, telling Obi-Wan a person had been killed. Obi-Wan winced, still deflecting the bolts of energy.
    A man stepped out, glaring at Obi-Wan. He held up his hand, and the weapons silenced immediately. ?Identify yourself, unknown.?
    In response, Obi-Wan bowed, speaking quietly, in a tone, he hoped, that wasn?t threatening. ?My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padawan Learner to Qui-Gon Jinn-?
    Obi-Wan was cut off as the man?s eyes narrowed.
    ?What name, said you?!?
    ?Qui-Gon Jinn?? came the unsure response.
    ?Speak not that name! Qui-Gon Jinn is the cause of our planet?s failures! You shall serve as retribution for his crimes.? Dark force shot from the man?s finger tips, shocking Obi-Wan. Simultaneously, his brain was invaded by the surrounding people. Obi-Wan cried out in pain, as he fell to the ground, unconsciousness claiming him, again.

Clan Leader Karign glowered down at the boy kneeling at his feet. The child quietly told him the news that the apprentice of Qui-Gon Jinn had been captured, and brought here.
    ?Call together the Elders, boy. Tell the guards to bring the apprentice of Jinn. A trial will be held.?
    ?Yes, Clan Leader.? As the boy scurried off, another presence entered the tent where Karign sat.
    ?You will not kill the boy, Karign. Karigin stood, and turned, glaring at the intruder.
    ?Playing a dangerous game, aren?t you. I thought we agreed to not get in each other?s ways.?
    ?That was before you captured Obi-Wan Kenobi.? The man speaking walked fully into the light.
    ?So sorry. The boy is now ours, and will be dealt with accordingly. You can go back to your torture of the Jedi child; we will pay you no mind, assuming, of course, you don?t interfere with our own plans.?
    ?I want Obi-Wan Kenobi NOW.? Karign brought a hand, reaching out with his malice directi

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Now they are battling over our boy. Looks bad for Obi-Wan (as usual) :)

9. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Poor, poor Obi... Was he cursed, or something when he was born? ?[face_plain]

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ?Good bye, Mathias Hjeldorn, the Force was not with you.?

I'm not one to like gore, but when I read that last line, I couldn't help but laugh. That last line is so classic.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Padawan Kitara- heh heh, It always seems to look bad for Obi-Wan! ;)

Nat- hmm.... curssed... he might have been, poor guy.

Cascadia- :) :)

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

12. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    This dose not look to good for Obi-Wan! *shrugs and leans back into the chair* Oh-Well bad situations and dark dudes fighting over Obi can only mean one thing....OBI/ANGST! *licks lips* LOL

More soon I hope! Great post!

UP!

13. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    So... the initial story is that our beloved Obi is headed off into the perilous unknown, Qui-Gon is frantically chasing his errant Padawan, Garen Muln is suffering heinous torture, and now... a helples Obi is now in the clutches of some sadistic enemy holding a timeless grudge. :eek: I do believe we've got the makings of a suspenseful masterpiece here!

Well, I'm de-lurking myself and joining this lovely topic discussion group - adopt me! :) I'm just your average Obi-angst worshiper, come to enjoy a piece of priceless fiction. Very well done, sheleigh! Eagerly awaiting more!

14. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Welcome, draigon_myth! The more, the merrier! Will you come with us when we decide to go after the bad guy, to blast him out of the known universe? I will personally enjoy making him endure all the things he did to my favourite Garen!!! [face_devil]

Grab your 'saber, we're going to save Obi!!

[::::::]=<:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::)

:D

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    must have more!!

Your doing a GREAT job!!

~*~Arwen Jade~*~

16. draigon_myth

Jun 10, 2002
    Oh, but of course, Nat! Blasting bad guys is a favorite hobby of mine... especially if they mess with our treasured Padawans...

17. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ganki - when does it ever look good for him in the first place?! ;) Yes, yes, this also means more Obi-Wan angst... MWHAHAHAHH!

draigon myth - why thank you! Welcome onto the thread, hope you enjoy it!! :) Any and ALL Obi-angst Worshipers are welcome!!

Nat - eep! Don't kill my bad guy... you may, however, wound him between posts! ;)

Arwen_Jade Kenobi - Thank you! Ahh, very happy you are enjoy it thus far! :D

Thanks for the marvelous feedback!!

18. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh.. thank you for all the wonderful feedback. Hmm... in thanks, I give you another post... don't you just love it when the story practically writes itself? ;)

Could it really have been a month? Garen shook his head, trying to clear the fogginess from it. He leaned his head back against the cold rock wall behind him, allowing the small drip of water that was always there to drip on his face. Sighing, he allowed the Force to take him into a deep healing meditation. And he remembered?

One month earlier

Garen Muln walked along the planet?s industrious city block. The mission his Master, Clee Rhara, and him had been sent on was simple- get the Ambassador Organa to Alderaan safely. They managed it with ease, using the Temple?s vast resources to get him there within a week. Under the guise of merchants, the Master/ Padawan team used a fleet Corellian freighter and upon reaching Alderaan found themselves with extra time. This was why Garen Muln was sauntering down the busy streets.
    The young man found himself with numerous things to keep him entertained. As it happened, the same day that he was given free time, a large air show was due to take place. He and his Master had agreed to visit the show, curious of the skills the pilots would show. It turned out to be spectacular, the pilots demonstrated skills that left the two Jedi breathless, and very pleased. Content, they left the air show to head back to the palace where they had been staying. They never made it.
    Halfway through the trip home, a large explosion drew the two Jedi?s attention. Clee Rhara pulled the speeder to an abrupt halt. The two leapt from the speeder, and ran towards the flames. Master and Padawan ran into the flames, neither in the rush of the moment, paying mind to the screaming warning from the Force. It proved to be their downfall.
    The building the two ran into appeared to only be burning from the outside. Once they entered, they found it to be abandoned. Clee Rhara turned towards her Padawan, and shrugged. Both turned to head for the large doors, which suddenly slammed shut, the sound echoing. A surge in the Force, and the team jumped, both drawing their lightsabers.
    ?Impressive, no less then would be expected from a Jedi Master and her Padawan.? came the cold tenor. The owner of the voice stepped into view, clapping his hands. ?How rude of me! Here I?ve gone and caught you in a flaming building, and failed to introduce myself. My name is Mathias Hjeldorn.? He bowed with a flourish. ?So pleased to meet you Clee Rhara, Garen Muln.?
    Clee stepped forward, lightsaber held pointed down at her side. ?You seem to have the advantage on us, Mathias Hjeldorn. How do you know of us, and more so, our mission to Alderaan??
    ?Come, come, milady, do you expect me to reveal my sources? That would be careless. No, I wouldn?t do that. Now, the reason I called your attention here.? Hjeldorn lifted a hand, and with seeming ease hit Clee Rhara with a blast of Force energy so strong she slammed into the wall behind her. Garen cried out, running towards his Master to check on her, before he too was thrown into a wall by the same powerful Force energy.
    Mathias Hjeldorn walked towards the Jedi Master, who was slowly coming to. His cane, a stylish black with a silver tipped end, tapped on the floor with a dull clunk. He stopped infront of Clee Rhara and pulled her own lightsaber to his hand. Curiously, he inspected it, turning the elegant weapon over in his gloved hands.
    ?I have nothing against you, Clee Rhara, don?t think I am filling a personal vendetta against you. No, I don?t have anything against you, but your apprentice is a key I have been searching for. So, you will excuse me if I deal with you now, so I don?t have to later.? Rhara?s weapon was ignited, then the blade was turned towards the Master. Hjeldorn pushed the weapon into her chest, while using the Force to block her neural connections. She died instantly.
    ?Like I said, I have nothing against you. You have done nothing wrong, so you do not dese

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for giving us the backstory on what happened to Garen.

20. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :eek: I was hoping you hadn't killed Clee, but... Oh it's so sad!! Poor Garen! :_| The tears he had on his face mean that he felt her death even if he was unconscious... Somebody hand me a tissue! :( *rushes away to give Garen a hug*

But now, I have a question: how will Garen react when this is over - right now I'm praying for his survival - and when he sees Obi-Wan again? Will he resent him because of his master's death?

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to read and find out! :)

You're doing such a great job! *sighs* So much angst...

So I can wound the bad guy? Hee hee! [face_devil] I suppose you could still use him if I took an ear or a few teeth off... Come here, Mr Villain, come here!

21. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Poor Garen :_| "sniff :_| sniff" thanks for the post "sniff, sniff :_| 7

22. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *sniffles* Poor Garen *grabs a tissue and blows nose*

Great post!

23. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Cascadia- I figured it was time that Garen's story was told :)

Nat- tissue? Here ya go *offers one* Sorry but Clee Rhara had to be killed... as for the reaction- it will be answered by the end of the story ;)

jedi7- your welcome :)

Ganki - thanks... yes yes, Garen isn't doing too well right now... but this means more angst... heh heh.

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback!

24. draigon_myth

Jun 10, 2002
    Oh... wow... *sniffle* :_| :( Garen's been through so much! To lose his master must be an unthinkable pain, and compounded with the torture he faces daily... how long can this brave young Padawan hang on? And to know that his suffering is for no reason but to lure one of his closest friends into a trap is deplorable, in itself. It isn't like the torture one faces when withholding information - at least that, while still horrendously painful, holds a purpose. He knows that he is likely to die, but along with him will be his best friend, and there is no conceivable solace for this captive boy.

A powerfully poignant predicament you've put both of our beloved Padawans in! You leave us readers captive in the spell you've woven with your eloquent words, with no cure, save for another post... (That was a hint, by the way...) Keep it up! As always, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment! :D

25. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    [face_shocked]

What is this?!?? Dear me, I manage not to get to this for two days and you've posted twice! :D :D :D And what wonderful posts they were, too!

:( Oh, Obi's in for it now. . . An entire planet hates him just because of who his Master is; do I sense some major Qui-angst coming up as well??? ;) Not to mention some Obi-torture??? ::hopeful look:: Well, at least some serious Obi-angst, anyway. ;)

Again, great posts Sheleigh! I can't wait for more!

EJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.