main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Darkness Bind Them (JA era, drama/angst) FINISHED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    draigon_myth- *blushes* Thank you! As for another post... the creative juices are flowing... maybe one by tomorrow! :) Hope you keep enjoying the fic! :D

Enigma_Jade - Welcome back! We missed you here on the thread! :)Glad you enjoyed the posts... Hmm... Obi torture... Obi angst... maybe... ;)

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Garen. This whole time he was nothing more than bait to lure Obi-Wan there. But he doesn;t know that yet, does he?

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    This story get more and more interesting.

Keep it coming.PEACE Ewen.

4. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yes, PadawanKitara, he knows it, the bad guy told him. That must make things even harder for him...

*starts crying again* :_| :_| Thanks for the tissue, Sheleigh.

And... a post tomorrow? Yeepee!!! I feel better now. :) :D

5. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Great story! Just found it! Our poor Obi, he finds always a way to get into trouble, don´t he? :D

And this time Garen is in trouble, as well. Loosing his beloved master and being tortured, He must feel really bad. What a lick that he has friends like Obi-Wan. But after his evil captor is dead now, what will happen to Garen?

NEED MORE SOON,

Angel

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *comes in panting hard*

Phew caught up and wow Sheleigh is this a good story :D

Poor Garen :_|

Brilliant so far. PLEASE post more soon :D

7. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Padawan Kitara- Garen knows he is the bait for Obi-Wan... but he doesn't know that his captor his dead...

Ewen- Glad you've enjoyed it thus far! A new post will be up later today/early tomorrow, granted everything goes well! :D

Nat- *offers a box of tissues* He felt his Master's death in the Force, but was unconcious when Mathias Hjeldorn told him that he was bait for Obi-Wan...earlier in the story Hjeldorn told him that he was bait for Obi-Wan... of course things have changed a bit since then! As for the post, a new one up soon! :D

Angel_Skywalker- Obi-Wan NOT find a way to get in trouble?? Hmm... never would happen! ;) Your questions will be answered... all in good time though. Glad you have enjoyed it thus far! :)

Ginger Jedi- Thank you! *blushing* I'm glad you liked it so far... hopefully you will continue to enjoy it! :D Yes... Garen is in a spot of trouble... mwhahaha... er I mean, poor guy! ;)

A new post up soon! :D

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Why does it take me so long to catch up on everything!

great posts!

poor Garen :_|

More!!!

9. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    up! post later tonight! :D

10. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    All righty... I guess I can't put this off anymore! Thanks for the wonderful feedback! Glad you caught up, Arwen! :D

here is the post!

?gClan leader!?h Karign turned cold gray eyes on the cause of the interruption.
    ?gWhat is it, boy??h The same child he had sent to call the elders stood in front of him.
    ?gS-s-sorry for interrupting you, Clan Leader, but the apprentice has been brought, and the Elders are convened. A?c boy was found in the hideout of the dark one.?h Karign brought up a hand, casually choking the boy.
    ?gWho??h He released the boy, allowing him to correct his mistake.
    ?gI?fm s-sorry, Clan Leader. A Jedi Apprentice was found in the hideout of Mathias Hjeldorn.?h Karign nodded.
    ?gThat?fs better. Never fear a name, boy; it won?ft help you to fear those who are dead.?h
    The child fearfully nodded, casting his bright gaze downward.
    ?gGet me my cape, boy. It is time to have a trial.?h
    Obi-Wan stared ahead, watching wearily as the one everyone feared strolled up the long hall. The man stopped in front of Obi-Wan, looking at him with a startlingly turbulent glare.
    ?gName yourself.?h
    ?gObi-Wan Kenobi, Padawan Learner to Qui-Gon Jinn.?h
    ?gDo you know what your Master did to our planet, Obi-Wan Kenobi??h Obi-Wan stiffened, preparing to defend his Master. ?gDo you? Do you see the barren lands that are our planet? They were lush at one time, green, full of life. Your ?gmaster?h came to fix a problem?c to mediate a treaty between our people and the one time leaders of out planet. Instead, he brought destruction, and war!?h
    Obi-Wan shook his head, vehemently denying it. Karign laughed cruelly, grabbing Obi-Wan?fs Padawan braid. He brought his other hand up, grasping Obi-Wan?fs head so his palm rest against the boy?fs temple.
    ?gHere, Obi-Wan Kenobi, allow me to show you.?h
    The affect was stunning- and terrifying. Obi-Wan moaned, falling unconscious as his mind was invaded once again by an unwanted presence. Memories not his own were forced onto the young man, causing him to double over on himself. All the while, Karign stood there, calmly and mercilessly pushing the memories into the boy. Finally finished, Karign nodded towards two sentries standing guard near Obi-Wan.
    They came forward, dragging the boy from the room. Karign turned towards the silent court room.
    ?gWe will allow him a chance to form a defense of his Master. Worry not, followers, we will have our revenge.?h A rumble of agreement resonated in the room.
    Obi-Wan was roughly dragged into a small room, and thrown down on the damp floor. He was kicked hard in the side by one of his guards. The Padawan cried out in pain, as he felt a rib crack. His guard laughed harshly, basking in the sound.
    ?gYour time will come soon enough, Kenobi. Rest well!?h The guard?fs companion laughed heartily, pushing the other out of the room. The laughter continued, becoming muffled by the loud slam of the door closing.
    Obi-Wan pulled himself into a sitting position, scooting back to rest against the wall. He sighed, beating his head softly against the wall behind him.
    ?gSo much for rescuing?c Garen?!?h Obi-Wan?fs eyes, now adjusted to the virtually black room, noticed the familiar shape lying in a heap against the far wall. Obi-Wan pulled himself to his knees then his feet, and continued to stagger across the room to his friend. His strength gone, he collapsed next to him.
    Obi-Wan reached out a shaking hand, resting it gently on his friend?fs neck, and let out a sigh of relief at finding a pulse.
    ?gGaren?c I?fm sorry for not coming sooner. I became a little preoccupied?c?h Obi-Wan let out a short laugh, then called on his last reserves of strength to push his friend into a healing trance. Obi-Wan slumped against the wall- still strengthening his friend through the Force.
    Qui-Gon was becoming frustrated. His Padawan had been missing, and out of contact in both the Force, and by comm for over a week. No one had heard form Obi-Wan, and the ship he had stolen hadn?ft been

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *faints*

MORE!!! Don't leave it there!!!

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    At least he is coming to his senses and telling Qui-Gon where they are.

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Hopefully Qui can rescue Obi and Garen now that he knows where they are.

Post again soon. :)

14. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh good, Qui-Gon is going to find them. And Obi-Wan is helping Garen! At last! Hang on, Garen!! And you too, Obi.. :(

I'm sorry for my mistake, Sheleigh, I should have paid more attention. [face_blush] Well, that gives me a reason to read the whole beginning all over again! :D

15. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Arwen Jade- eep! I've never had a reader faint before... *runs around frantically in circles* ;) I don't know when the next post will be up... but if the story keeps behaving like it is now... it will most likely be very soon.

Kitara- Yah... Obi-Wan seems to be quite stubborn like that. :)

Cascadia- heh, He probabaly will... ;) :D I'll try to post again soon... :)

Nat- Ee... no mistake made!! *whispers* Truthfully, I had to go back through the story, and double check myself... ;) oops... heh heh.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback!! :D

16. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    [face_shocked]

Wow, Sheleigh! That was amazing! You absolutely must post more soon! I'm hangin for dear life onto this cliffie you've left us on!

Wonderful job, and I can't wait for the next part!

EJ

17. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Enigma Jade- Thank you! Hmm.... did I leave it a nasty cliff hanger...? Oops... ;)

As I said before, a new post in the very near future... maybe by tomorrow.

Thanks for the marvelous feedback!! :D :)

18. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Finally Obi talked to Qui-Gon. The boy should know by now, that his master can´t live without him! ;) Both of them are too nice together [face_love] .
    Obi, nearly collapsing, does his best to strenghen his freind, that typicle. He´s too loving [face_love]

NEED MORE SOON !!!!

Angel

19. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Well that's our Obi! Always putting the lives of others before his own... [face_love] I just hope his efforts won't be in vain and that Garen will survive!... Poor little Padawans!

*starts dancing* A postie tomorrow! A postie tomorrow! :D

20. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ahhh Sheleigh another wicked post :D

*tries to be patient for more* :D

21. draigon_myth

draigon_myth Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    sheleigh, you never cease to amaze me. And yes, you did leave it on a slightly evil cliffie... but that just leaves us poor, helpless readers completely lost without another post... Was the burst of pain poor Obi felt his rib breaking? Or is he suffering even more now? A suspenseful tale woven into a new perilous predicament for our beloved heros to don - what horrors will take place before Qui-Gon is able to rescue Obi-Wan and Garen? Or will he even be able to help? And what of Garen - is he too badly injured to live? What will he think when he regains consciousness - pain can do strange things to a person's coherency. Will he blame Obi-Wan for all he has suffered?

So many questions for us faithful readers to ponder as you steadily spin your next part of this masterpiece - just don't keep us waiting too long!

Hey... my birthday's on the 18th... maybe you could have a birthday post... :D Heh...

Keep writing! We're all hanging on your every word! :)

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    And my birthday is the 21st- big postie as presents??? Please???

23. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Angel_Skywalker- Aww, but we couldn't have him any other way! [face_love] As for the new post... hopefully one up tonight... tomorrow at the latest, I promise!

Nat- Mwhahaha! Err... I mean, yes poor Padawans. :D

Ginger_Jedi- Thank you! Patience- it is so over rated. :D

Draigon_myth- That cliffie was a bit evil... heh, I don't know if the next post will be much better... it is still being written... :D A new post up soon. (I think I said that already...hmm...) A birthday post- I'll see what I can do. :D

Padawan Kitara- I'll try to get a Birthday Post up for you as well... :D

Don't suppose a rendition of happy birthday should be sung with said posts?? ;) :D

And just to make sure I get this across... a new post up soon- later tonight, or tomorrow at the latest! :D Thanks for the wonderful feedback!!

24. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    I kept my promise! A new post! :) :D
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback

They were brought in, and forced to their knees. The large crowd of angered citizens jeered, until silence was enforced. Karign walked up to the two boys, allowing a grin to filter across his cold, serious face.
    ?gObi-Wan Kenobi, you are hearby punished to death, for the crimes of your Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Execution is to commence at first light, tomorrow. For the remainder of the day, you will be given to spend in meditation, and preporation for your execution. May the Force be with you.?h He sneered as he said the final sentence, mocking the Padawan Learner. He then turned to Garen.
    ?gGaren Muln, you too are given death. Punishment to commence at first light. May the Force be with you.?h Karign motioned for the two captives to be removed from his sight. Again, the guards came forward to remove the boys. Instead of going freely, the boys hesitated, looking as they wished to speak.
    ?gOh, a question? Say it quickly, my patience runs short.?h
    Obi-Wan straightened, forcing his mind to calm. ?gWhat of our trial??h
    ?gYou had your trial.?h
    ?gWe were not in attendance, how can we be sure??h The clan leader stepped forward threatingly.
    ?gYou do not believe us? That is a dangerous thing to do, boy. You forget, this isn?ft your precious rebpublic. This is our planet, and we make the rules. But if you are so unsure of the fairness of our trial, we will show it to you. Not that it will matter. Now get these people out of my sight!?h The silent guards braced to attention, before dragging the boys from the room.
    ?gHey, Obi-Wan??h Obi-Wan opened his eyes, focusing on his friend. ?gHow does it feel to know your going to die??h
    ?gPainful.?h Garen shook his head.
    ?gI don?ft mean that, I mean emotionally.?h
    ?gI already told you, I feel pain. Pain at knowing that I will never see my Master again?c I never thought I would be forced to leave him?c like this.?h
    ?gAtleast your Master is still alive, Obi-Wan.?h Bitter tears started to roll down Garen?fs face. ?gHe could still rescue you. I have no reason to live. My Master is dead, my life is about to be destroyed. I have mere hours still to live, and death sounds about as good as it gets right now.?h
    Obi-Wan was silent, unsure how to relay his sympathy to his friend. Instead, he settled for a comforting hand on his shoulder- and pushing his friend into a Force induced sleep. Garen looked at him, grateful and angered at the same time- before he slumped against his fellow Padawan- sleeping..
    ?gPadawan?c?h the quiet, familiar voice whispered. Garen looked up from where he lay.
    ?gPadawan, are you okay??h A gentle hand shook him. Tears clouded Garen?fs vision as he reocognized his Master?fs voice, and face.
    ?gM-master? You?c you?fre dead.?h Clee Rhara smiled, her gentle features softening even more.
    ?gYes, Padawan. I?fm dead.?h
    ?gHow?chow can I see you, if your dead??h
    ?gOh, Padawan. Even though I have passed into the Force, I will never be truly gone. I?fm always with you.?h
    ?gNo you aren?ft Master!?h Garen felt his fragile control on his emotions slip, then shatter. ?gYou will never be there again! I?fm going to be alone?c alone forever?h
    Clee Rhara gathered her Padawan learner into her arms, brushing a light kiss against his forehead. He tried to pull away, but was unable to.
    ?gAm I dead too? Did I die?c I wish I could die, Master.?h Clee Rhara shook her head.
    ?gIt isn?ft your time, Padawan. You still have much before you. You are not dead?c this is a dream, Padawan. I needed to come to you one more time.?h
    Finally, Garen relaxed against him Master, burrowing his head in her long, flowing robe. In return, Clee Rhara stroked her Padawan?fs back gently, hushing him as he sobbed.
    ?gPadawan, my time grows short. As I said, I needed to see you one last time. Please, Garen, my Padawan, don?ft mourn me. I will always be with you. Know that, and know that I love you, My Padawan?cmy son.?h
    Clee gave one final squeeze to her Pa

25. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    The scene with Garen and his dead master was very touching. :_|

Qui had better hurry, or there'll be two very dead padawans.

Post soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.