main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Darkness (Vader vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Always within the darkness, no matter how black, there is her. She is there while I sleep, there while I kill, there while the medical droids see fit to investigate every inch of my body. She whispers words to me that have not been uttered for twenty years, but are still alive in my mind -- because she is in my mind, haunting me.

I felt her die. I was not there, but I saw it, clear as if she was there in front of me. I felt her torment, then tasted the empty peace as her life force ebbed out of her frail, sick body. I wanted desperately to be there, to hold her in my arms, to tell her I was sorry for doing all that I did. But I wasn't. And I directed my hatred upon myself that night.

She was beautiful. A beautiful woman who loved the ugly, hideous, tormented man her husband had become. I had hurt her beyond words, and she still thought of me as she died. It is a humbling thought.

Not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of her from that moment on. The scent of her hair, the taste of her lips, her gentle carresses, remain firmly implanted in my mind until the moment I die.

But her legacy lives on in more than just memory. She had left me a gift; a gift to give the vengeance I have been seeking for 20 years.

That gift's name is Luke Skywalker.

2. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    *blinks rapidly*
    *leans back into chair, then falls out*

...... wow ...... that was REALLY, REALLY good.

- Dia

3. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I agree that was really really good!! :D

It was also short and sweet :)

Great Job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.