main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga " in the empires's service" by TK1571

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TK1571, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    My first ever fanfic story, not that good but its a start since i havent written anything for ages.. any comments most welcome.

TK1571

In The Empires Service....

5.00am Beep, beep, beep, beep.....

It was the alarm buzzer going off, TS1571 slowly opened his eyes and took a few minutes to adjust to the artificial lights and the reflection on the durasteel walls around him, the gentle hum of the power generators reverberated through the walls even this far away from them...but he was hot, too hot for his liking. He would have to put in a request to get the Maint-techs to have a look at the auto temp regulators next time his section was up for scheduled maintenance.
    Bleep...Bleep....Bleep..." Yes come in" he blurted out still half asleep, the door slid open and a MSE rolled in bleeping incensesly as usual, one of the most annoying droids anyone had ever had the pleasure of working with...not, every trooper he knew would love to get his hands on the techs who came up with the MSEs and blast them.
    He reached over and picked up the code cylinder and told the MSE to wander off before he blasted it into a thousand pieces, it disappeared quickly out the door.
    He sat up and slowly got to his feet putting down the code cylinder on his comm station by the bed. He opened the locker next to the door and grabbed the undersuit and walked out of his cubicle over to the pulse showers down the corridor. When he got there the rest of the his squad were going through their morning routines already.
    Raul, Ubu-Je and Nuel were the newest replacements, they had lost a few good men on their last mission on the Nebu-sol system, most troopers didnt make it to the end of their first tour, he was lucky he was on his second. The empire didnt care how many troopers were lost as long as missions were accomplished...they had drilled that into them at the Academy often enough.
    "Sergeant TS1571" that was Nuel
    "Just call me Uri for now recruit!!" he replied
    "Yes sir.. I mean Uri sir, i was wondering when we will be assigned our next mission...I am eager to do my bit for the empire"
    "Soon enough, dont worry I am sure you will get a chance to blast some rebel scum sooner than you think"
    "I hear that some of the other blizzard battlegroups are joining us for the next tour" Sando shouted over the shower noise.. "Thats what the Lieut. said, General Veers likes to have as many of us around as possible..." He shouted back.
    Typical of Veers, he was a brilliant general and it was better to have him deal with Lord Vader than some of the other Generals who had no idea what it was like on the field.
    "All right troopers, lets get suited up and see what the glorious Empire
    has in store for us today" He told them when they were finished.
    No doubt more drills and training missions on the Cold assault simulators, not much for a snowtrooper to do, the TKs had most of the action but he prefered to make it through his 3 tours as a TS and get back home for some R&R. There was only so much he could do onboard a capital ship to relax between missions and drills.

When he got back to his cubicle he changed into his offduty uniform and picked up the code cylinder. It was the key to all of the secure levels and blocks that he would have to get to during the course of his duties. As he left their quarters along with his fellow troopers he had a funny feeling he wasnt going to see it again but didnt give it much thought, maybe it was just hunger but that would be soon taken care of anyway.
    The mess hall was just a few levels up and when he got there he followed the rest of the them and lined up to get their morning rations. The Hall was filled with troopers of all kinds, TK's, TD's, TX's other TS's and scouts as well. Each sector had their own mess hall, the officers had theirs up in the command module.
    When they finished their breakfast he led them out into the atrium and they caught the turbolift up to Level 25 where the briefing rooms were located.
    They got to Briefing room 15 and grabbed their seats alongs

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    A nice look at behind the scenes TK, lots of 'techno talk'. I would space it out a little more to make it a bit easier to read, but all in all a good story.

3. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    thanks for that.. i will have to re-write it again soon when i have time.

4. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree with what Addie said.

It was well done TK. :) Good insight into what goes on before a battle. Sorta like a 'day in the life of a Stormie". I've never read anything like it, so it was interesting. The techno talk did confuse me at times, but you're good at it.

I have a fascination with the Battle of Hoth, so I thought it was cool that TS1571 was on that mission.

5. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    thank you Dash

I was interested in writing a story like it for along time, ever since the tales of the Empire came out.. i am sorry for the techno talk but it has to be like the Imps do business i guess...

lots of techno talk and army jargon but i had to follow on the previous books and visual guides as such...

thanks once again. [:D]

6. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    =D= =D=

very clever!! well done tk.i thought it was very amusing.

a couple of spelling errors like ..thoughT has a T on the end of it twice, probably just a typo but just thoughT you would like to know.:p
    otherwise a very entertaining read

7. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    I really liked this fic. It's a very good prelude to the battle of Hoth and great point of view from the Imps side. Well done!!! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.