VIDEO In the End They'll Beg Us to Save Them: The Deus Ex Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by moosemousse, Apr 16, 2010.

Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Official Web Site
    Official YouTube Channel
    FaceBook Page

So far there's nothing in the way of a release date other than 'coming soon', but there are two trailers for it. It's also Squeenix, so you know it'll be good. The two videos are enough to get me excited for this. I'm more than tempted to get out my copies of Deus Ex 1 and 2 and play through those in anticipation of this.
  2. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I've heard great things about the Deus Ex franchise, but sadly have never been able to get my hands on it. That was also true for me with Fallout 3, and that's one of my favorite games of all-time.

If only that were so.
  3. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 5
    i am salivating at the chnace toplay this on the pc. loved the last two games
  4. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    They recently released a double game pack of the first two, so you should be able to find that on amazon or somewhere. Just don't be too shocked by the graphics as they're a little dated. :p
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Nobody from the first 2 games is working on this, and Squeenix are only doing the CG sequences.
  6. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    Cynical until proven otherwise. From what I've read this will be much more of a run-and-gun affair than Invisible War, another step away from everything that made the first game so excellent.
  7. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 5
    thats ok. i enjoyed invisible war alot
  8. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    How is the second one?? I played the first one and really enjoyed it. Never really got into the second though. I heard it wasnt as good.
  9. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 5
  10. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    i only plan to play this based on the coolness of mech mods (seriously hoping for a skull gun). other than that i'm not excited at all. dx1 is possibly the only game i've played more than a dozen times in my life.
  11. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  12. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks for the video link! It looks so awesome in HD, and some of the mods seen in it are great. The first time I saw it I was so excited I made squealing noises. [face_blush]
  13. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Deus Ex 3? This game is called Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Good thing, too. We all know there was only one Deus Ex game before this one. [face_talk_hand]
  14. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    Actually I have an issue of PC Zone from 2008, just after the game was announced. It was called DE3. ;)
  15. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Past tense is past. :p
  16. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  17. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  18. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Last trailer there is new to me. Looks great, though. Very much looking forward to this.
  19. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 5
    i honestly don't get people's issues with deus ex:Invisible War. it was a good game
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It's good except that the map sizes were epicly tiny. I spent ages trying to find somewhere until I realised I was lost and that my last save game was too far back and it effectively meant starting again. Also, the inventory size was really small.
  21. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
  22. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Who's getting it and on what platform? I'm tempted to get the PC version but I have a 360 as well so I'm not sure.
  23. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    PC version for me, though the game's now been pushed back to August.
  24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm kind of glad about that, tbh. It takes the pressure of a little as there are other games I want and time/money is a big issue.
  25. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Does anyone know if the Augmented Edition has all the in-game stuff that the Limited Edition has but without the figure and book and stuff? I think £100 is just a bit too much for me.
Moderators: LAJ_FETT, MarcusP2, The2ndQuest