main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In the End- Updated 9/29 with Vader's POV

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What was Luke thinking at the end of each movie? Maybe this?

In the End

I?m a hero. Okay, I must admit that sounds odd. I?m a farmboy, that?s a reality I?m used to by now. But a hero? That?s a little different.

I can feel the weight of the medal that the princess put on me just a few hours ago. It seems incredible that I know a real princess and that she put a medal for heroism around my neck. I wanted to take it off, but my buddies insisted I keep it on. They?ve been bowing to me every once in a while, but then they ruffle my hair like I?m ten years old.

They?re trying to annoy me, but that?s what friends do. I think we?re all so relieved to actually be alive that we?re acting a little silly. We?re alive! But there are so many aren?t here to share this celebration of victory.

Two months ago the biggest challenge of my life was to get that stupid vaporator working. And now I am a part of the Rebellion to save the galaxy.

It?s funny how life changes when you least expect it to.

I am surrounded by friends, but I right now what I feel most is loneliness. I don?t have a family anymore. Even though there were times when I was angry with Uncle Owen, at least he was family; we belonged to each other no matter what. I miss Aunt Beru?s gentle wisdom, her unconditional love and acceptance. I miss being a part of something that is mine by right of birth.

I look down and touch the medal I have around my neck. And for just one moment I miss my unknown father with a sharpness that surprises me. What would he have thought of this?

I smile, because I don?t need to guess really. He would have been proud and clapped me on the back with a hearty smile. He would have grinned at my mother and bragged that I was just like him.

At least, that?s what he does in my dreams.

It was a lie.

It had to be a lie. I will not accept his words as truth.

But they eat at me, creating a hole in my center.

My father was a good man, a Jedi, a hero. He could not be the tall menacing figure that haunted my dreams now. No, that was impossible.

But his words repeated endlessly in my mind. I am your father?I am your father?I am your father?

No! I would not accept his lie.

I am Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker, who was a Jedi Knight. Anakin Skywalker was murdered by the Sith Lord, Darth Vader. That was the truth, that was reality.

I was going to be a Jedi Knight, too, and continue the proud and noble family tradition.

This dark warrior with his talk of the Dark Side and ruling the galaxy with me at his side would not interfere with that.

But the thought would rear its ugly head out of nowhere. What if he had spoken the truth?

And then my inner voice would mock me, refusing me the mercy of ignorance. You know the truth?

I knew the truth; I had sensed it in his words.

How could Anakin Skywalker have turned into the hulking monster that was the menace of the galaxy?

How could he use the power that surged through our veins in the service of evil? If he could turn his back on the light with such finality, did that same fate await me too?

I longed to speak of my confusion and fear, but I could not bring myself to say the awful words out loud. If I said he was my father that would make it real. I could not take it back or make it better. So I remain silent on the subject, though those who care about me can surely sense my heartache.

My agony gives way to another thought, almost as painful and impossible.

What if he could be saved? What if the love of the son could turn the father back to the light?

To love him would be an act of will, a conscious choice to open my heart to the man who might be. It was a horrible risk. I could lose everything, including my life, by choosing to love him.

But hope is a powerful force, far more powerful than reality in the end.

So I opened my heart to possibilities?

It had all been for nothing.

That?s all I could think as

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked that he went from a rejoicing farmboy, to someone that consciously made his decision to love his father to mourning for the man. Nicely done.

3. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    That was (as usual) really nice. Really showed Luke's development (sp?) from innocent farmboy to Jedi. :)

4. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Beautiful viggie :) I especially loved how Luke felt his father's absence at the beginning and at the end. He really did have to grieve alone, because Leia wasn't ready to mourn their father yet and the only other person who loved Anakin was Obi-Wan... and he was kind of dead at the time ;)

5. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    What more can i say...Another great vignette. :p

It seems really realistic how he is experiencing the change. ( I dunno how else to put it )

I can surely tell that i would feel similiar in a situation like that. Great job :)

6. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    And for just one moment I miss my unknown father with a sharpness that surprises me. What would he have thought of this?

I smile, because I don?t need to guess really. He would have been proud and clapped me on the back with a hearty smile. He would have grinned at my mother and bragged that I was just like him.

At least, that?s what he does in my dreams.

For some reason, this particular section struck me as particularly sad! :_|

Great work.

7. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    There you've gone and done it again. A little something through each of the main events that forged Luke into a Jedi Knight... well done.

8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great vignette VaderLVR. I was really taken by the evolution of Luke from a naive young farmboy to a confident, yet sorrowful young Jedi.

You showed his maturation process very well, and his thoughts on being Vader's son were very poignant. I liked how he felt like he'd failed because he hadn't saved his father's life, even though he brought him back from the dark side. I think this fic showed the balance that Luke found in the movies.

Wonderful. As always.

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Another faboo story. How do you do it? :)

Even the light can be a lonely place.

:_|

10. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    [face_crying]

Even the light can be a lonely place.

*hugs* Poor, poor Luke. [face_plain]

Great viggie Kimberley :D

11. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This was very nice. It is a perfect insight into Luke's feelings at the times you wrote about.

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Oooh, lovely vig. [face_love]

Good portrayals!

13. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwww [face_love] This was a wonderful viggie! I like how you showed Luke's maturation throughout the saga through his emotions and feelings. That was wonderfully done. :)

14. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

extremely great job.

EXTREMELY great.

:)

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm not sure which I liked best, but the ESB one struck me a lot, but the ROTJ struck me on the other cheek.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    dianethx Thanks! I love my Luke and I'm currently going through a "Luke" phase! :D

Pelly-Welly Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

Jaina-Solo-Fel Poor Obi! :_| Oh well, Anakin should have kept him around to comfort his son. Bad Anakin! Thanks for reading.

Mike-Sunrider Thanks for reading!

AnakinsHeir Thanks! :D

Arin-Atona Just a little plot bunny that bit, and it didn't stop there. YIKES! Thanks for reading.

JediMaster_Jen Wow! Thanks so much for the compliment!

red_rose_knight [face_blush] Thank you!

JediNemesis Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

StarFighter5 Thank you!

rhonderoo Thank you so much for reading.

BrownEyes_Blue Thank you! :D

darthnick11 Thanks for reading.

DarthIshtar Thank you, and I hope your cheeks aren't still red, LOL! [face_laugh]

17. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    My agony gives way to another thought, almost as painful and impossible.

What if he could be saved? What if the love of the son could turn the father back to the light?

To love him would be an act of will, a conscious choice to open my heart to the man who might be. It was a horrible risk. I could lose everything, including my life, by choosing to love him.

But hope is a powerful force, far more powerful than reality in the end.

So I opened my heart to possibilities?

This was just so Luke! You captured his "goodness" in each of these. Great work!

18. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Another very touching vignette. You like those Skywalkers, huh?

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Vader?s POV

The boy was strong in the Force. His signature made my brain tingle with some sort of vague recognition. How could I have missed such a presence in the Force? Was he the son of some Jedi who had survived the purges?

But I rejected the answer before the thought was even fully formed. I knew that signature.

My heart (did I still have a heart?) told me his identity before my mind could accept the answer.

It was not possible.

But impossible or not, it was true.

The boy was Anakin Skywalker?s son. How odd to think that that hated name should come back to haunt me after all these years. I had thought him safely dead and buried, long forgotten and hardly mourned.

But no, he lived on in his son.

How could this boy have survived? How could his existence have been kept a secret from me?

The answer was obvious, at least in part. Obi-Wan Kenobi?s stench was all over this treachery.

No wonder his eyes had held a secret triumph even as I struck him down. The thought that Kenobi had known of this boy made my anger howl within me.

He knew my?he knew Anakin?s son was alive and well, and incredibly strong in the Force.

I cursed him anew, hating him with a viciousness that surprised even me. How dare he keep the boy hidden from me? What gave him the right to deny me knowledge of this boy, this son of Anakin Skywalker?

You know why he did it, a part of me mocked.

I quelled the troublesome voice. I hated the voice that sometimes spoke to me in the darkness, reminding me of the man who had disappeared decades ago.

I accepted the fact that the boy existed. But what do to now?

My Master would have plans for him, certainly.

But did I care to further his plans, or my own?

Curse that boy!

Luke is obviously burdened with that misguided sense of Skywalker pride.

He had looked right at me and simply let go, taking a long and silent plunge into oblivion.

He hadn?t died, of course; he was much too strong for that.

I tried very hard to ignore the twinge of pride I felt building within me as I considered his survival.

He was powerful; he was his father?s son.

But he had not yet learned to use his power to its full potential. He still foolishly looked toward the light. But time, and the right mentor, would teach him that the light would ultimately fail him.

He could be turned toward the darkness; the seed of ambition had been bred into him.

I just needed to find the right lever; the right buttons to push that would bring him into the shadows where he was born to rule. Together we would have more power than even the Emperor. Together, father and son would do what one of us could never achieve alone.

I tried not to imagine what his mother would think of my plans. I could not think of her by name. But the boy?s existence aroused old ghosts and heartaches. When I did allow her to intrude on my thoughts, I thought of her only as his mother. Those words were much safer than the name which had not crossed my mind or my lips since I had donned the black armor that was my prison.

I sensed his fear during his escape on that blasted ship.

He fears me. But more than me, he fears his own weakness.

He wants what I have to offer, and the thought terrifies him.

He has much to learn.

I listen to his words as he faces the most powerful being in the galaxy. That stiff-necked Skywalker pride will be his undoing.

I look at him, unable to help the motion of my head that brings him into my line of vision.

He?s foolish, but brave.

He?s more like his father than I care to admit. But I would be a liar if I did not confess to a certain amount of pride as I hear him taunt the Emperor.

My Master will not allow it to go unpunished, but the boy will eventually learn to guard his tongue. Like his father, he will learn the lesson or he will pay the price.

I sense my Master?s malevolent glee as he goads my son to anger.

His touch is subtle,

20. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwwwww :_| :_| I still cry everytime I watch that scene unfold at the end of ROTJ....but now with Hayden as the ghost of Anakin...:_|.

21. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    To him, I am a Jedi. I am a Jedi Knight, like my son before me.

That line can be read two ways, and I love them both. In once sense he is identifying with the son standing before him.

In another sense it's somewhat circular with Luke's statement, almost like Anakin re-becomes a Jedi Knight, with Luke as his predecessor. I don't know if you meant it that way, but that was my first thought.

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Arin_Atona You got it! I didn't know if anyone would read it the same way I did. Woo hoo! I feel so much better now, LOL!

23. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very cool! I liked Luke's POV, but really loved Vader's POV. Now, how about Leia? I figure I may as well be pushy.

24. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great job VaderLVR. =D=

I love that Anakin feels like in the end he learned how to be a Jedi again because of Luke.

Like his father before him, he holds his dying parent.

That line just sent my into tears. :_| Anakin's scene with Shmi as she dies is one of my favorites, and the scene with Luke and Anakin is as well. You captured the moment perfectly.

Wonderful.

25. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Just as wonderful. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.