Saga In the End- Updated 9/29 with Vader's POV

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Chani Jedi Master

star 1
    To him, I am a Jedi. I am a Jedi Knight, like my son before me. [/]i

THat was my favorite line out of the whole thing. Great job.
  2. VadersMistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You and your Skywalkers, Mom! Really liked this. You portrayed Luke's compassion for his father and Anakin's longing for his son. Nice work, for once! Just kidding! :D
  3. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    (Read this earlier and wanted to respond, but a whining 3 yr-old had other plans....)

I could not take it back or make it better.

I can see both Luke and Vader thinking that exact same thought.

To love him would be an act of will, a conscious choice to open my heart to the man who might be. It was a horrible risk. I could lose everything, including my life, by choosing to love him.

But hope is a powerful force, far more powerful than reality in the end.

It's true. Love is a choice, not a feeling. And hope can never be extinguished.

*sniff*

Great vigs!

4. LukesTheMan Jedi Knight

star 3
    To him, I am a Jedi. I am a Jedi Knight, like my son before me.

For the first time in many long years, I feel like Anakin Skywalker again.

Anakin Skywalker has a son, a boy who even now is dying under the Sith lightening that I have endured so many times myself.

The father inside me cries out, and I allow his voice to be heard at long last. I become Anakin once more.

My son needs me.

The language of this was very simple, but the very simplicity of it made it extremely powerful. Wonderful work.
  5. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh great job once more!!! That was soooo heartfelt! Loved the timeline changes! Excellent!! :D
  6. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    LukesTheMan Thanks! I'm glad you think I did a good job with Luke - especially considering your screen name! [face_laugh]

MY-T-Chewbacca I do indeed like those Skywalkers. Thanks!

BrownEyes_Blue I'm one of those that likes Hayden's image at the end of ROTJ, too! But :_|
    Thanks for reading!

Arin-Atona Thanks for reading, and thanks for getting it! [face_laugh]

AnakinsHeir I've started one for Leia, but it stalled for now. Thanks for reading!

JediMaster_Jen I know, that scene gets me, too! Poor Luke! Poor Anakin! :_| Thanks for reading!

JediNemesis Thanks! :D

Jedi_Chani Thank you so much.

VadersMistress Just remember, little Padawan, I'm in charge of whether you go to that Halloween party or not! Thanks for reading, but I'm ready for you to do some major sucking up now.

Jedi Trace Thank you so much for reading, I'm glad you liked them.

Kynstar Thank you! You always make my day.
  7. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    You really like to tug at those heartstrings, don't you. ;)

A brilliant viggie, but then I expect nothing less from you. :D

I especially liked the way you captured Luke's feelings in the first section. He had to be overwhelmed by everything that had happened in such a short amount of time.

I am surrounded by friends, but I right now what I feel most is loneliness. I don?t have a family anymore. Even though there were times when I was angry with Uncle Owen, at least he was family; we belonged to each other no matter what. I miss Aunt Beru?s gentle wisdom, her unconditional love and acceptance. I miss being a part of something that is mine by right of birth.

I liked this. One thing I've always thought about Leia and the destruction of her planet is that she never really had time to mourn her loss. The same thing is true for Luke. You portrayed that so well here.

I look down and touch the medal I have around my neck. And for just one moment I miss my unknown father with a sharpness that surprises me. What would he have thought of this?

I smile, because I don?t need to guess really. He would have been proud and clapped me on the back with a hearty smile. He would have grinned at my mother and bragged that I was just like him.

At least, that?s what he does in my dreams.

This was so poignant.

How could he use the power that surged through our veins in the service of evil? If he could turn his back on the light with such finality, did that same fate await me too?

Oh, so well done. Inserting this moment of fear that maybe he was destined to be like his father made Luke seem so real, so human.

I would grieve alone, as I had done so many times before.

Even the light can be a lonely place.

*sigh* Beautiful...so beautiful. I love how you brought this full circle. He now grieves for Anakin alone, just as he grieved alone for his aunt and uncle.

Obi-Wan Kenobi?s stench was all over this treachery.

No wonder his eyes had held a secret triumph even as I struck him down. The thought that Kenobi had known of this boy made my anger howl within me.

Oh, very nicely done. I could feel Vader's seething hatred for Obi-Wan.

But he had not yet learned to use his power to its full potential. He still foolishly looked toward the light. But time, and the right mentor, would teach him that the light would ultimately fail him.

He could be turned toward the darkness; the seed of ambition had been bred into him.

I just needed to find the right lever; the right buttons to push that would bring him into the shadows where he was born to rule. Together we would have more power than even the Emperor. Together, father and son would do what one of us could never achieve alone.

...It?s been a long time since anyone has been able to defeat me. This untried boy has managed to do what no other Jedi managed. Dare I admit to the fierce pride I feel that this boy, this son of Skywalker, is so powerful?

That desire for more power - I always saw it as an important factor in Anakin's fall, but when I read this, it struck me that, ironically, it became a tool for his redemption. Had he not desired to turn Luke, so that father and son could overpower the Emperor and rule together, would he have otherwise allowed himself to "let down his defenses" and get so close to Luke, allowing Luke to turn his heart? Hmmm...okay, it's really early. That may make absolutely no sense at a more decent hour. :p

To him, I am a Jedi. I am a Jedi Knight, like my son before me.

Brilliant line! Loved it.

Like his father before him, he holds his dying parent. But while I had reacted with rage and hatred, he will give way only to grief.

Loved how you compare their grief but contrast how, unlike his father, Luke will not allow that grief to consume him.

Bravo!!

8. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Gina Thank you so much for your comments! You always know how to make a writer feel good about their work, don't you? :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.