main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph In the grim and distant future, there is only war: Warhammer 40,000 discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Syntax, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I searched through the thread listing, and I didn't see any posts about the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I only recently became interested in it, and I've found it to be incredibly engrossing and complex; I daresay it rivals the Star Wars universe in terms of depth and content.

While I realize I could have posted this in the games forum, seeing as how Warhammer 40k is primarily a tabletop strategy game, I felt discussion of the WH40k universe itself was better suited here. Apparently there have been over 100 books published for the Warhammer 40k universe, not to mention dozens of codecies, sourcebooks, supplemental guides, magazine articles, and other things like that.

I figured I'd start the thread off by seeing what people's impressions of the WH40k universe was, and then perhaps get into more specific discussion of particular elements, things like that. I'm not too knowledgeable about Warhammer 40k yet, but I'm working my way through the game rulebooks, and I've read two of the novels so far and I'm working through a third at the moment.

There actually is a Warhammer 40K thread - I found it and upped it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.