Amph In The Grim, Dark Future, There Is Only War. (Warhammer 40,000 Revisited)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by StarscreamPrime, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob Chosen One

star 7
    I have read Horus Rising -> Flight of the Eisenstein and they are excellent.
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I've been reading 'The Guns of Tanith' by Dan Abnett and I'm really enjoying it. I think he's taken the position of 'favourite author'. It's made me want to write some fiction now.
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I've read the first couple of Horus books and I have the rest in the reading pile. I've enjoyed the series so far.

Moosemousse - if you like Abnett be sure to read his Eisenhorn Trilogy. Those were the first Warhammer 40k books I read and I thought they were excellent.
  4. Emperor_Billy_Bob Chosen One

star 7
    I read Dark Apostle about a month ago, and it has probably become my favorite of all 40k books I have read so far, right up there with Grey Knights.

The Catachan book in the Imperial Guard series was fairly mediocre, probably the least enjoyable of the 40K books I have read thus far.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I picked up Death World, Desert Raiders, and Rebel Winter in the local Games Workshop today. I started with Death World and I really like it so far. It's a change from the guys in armor. It reminds me a bit of Harry Harrison's Deathworld series (the jungle as enemy) which I read years ago and really enjoyed.
  6. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I familiar with Warhammer 40 000 s universe,but i never anithyng about it,could you guys recomand me some comics?
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I haven't really read any of the comics. I've just read the novels. If you want to try those I'd pick a standalone one first to see if you like them. The three I listed in my post above are standalone and they aren't bad. Of them I liked Death World the best.
  8. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.