In the interest of Star Wars Games...

Discussion in 'Games' started by KorFallon, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi217 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the closest thing we'll ever see to "Star Wars: Baseball" is that little Mace Windu cameo at the ESPYs..he was hitting grounders to a child Derek Jeter with his lightsaber..good stuff.
  2. Double_Sting Jedi Master

star 4
    SW games for and coming for Playstation 2
    -----------------------------------------
    1. Bounty Hunter
    2. Galaxies: An Empire Divided
    3. Racer Revenge
    4. Jedi Starfighter
    5. Starfighter
    6. The Clone Wars

SW games for and coming for X-Box
    ------------------------------------
    1. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    2. Galaxies: An Empire Divided
    3. Knights of the Old Republic
    4. Jedi Starfighter
    5. Starfighter
    6. Obi-Wan

Now comparing these titles based on system.

Bounty Hunter
    Platform(s): PS2
    Should be a good first person/third person action game which features the ever popular Jango Fett. This is one of the most anticipated upcoming SW titles.
    Advantage:PS2

Galaxies: An Empire Divided
    Platform(s): PS2, Xbox
    Looks to be a very promising massively mulitplayer online roleplaying game. Probably a must own for any SW and RPG fan. While it is out on both systems, the advantage goes to the Xbox.

Why? Because this fall Microsoft reveals Xbox live which will highlight one of the strongest points of the Xbox - that it is designed and optimized for online play. This should make it an overall better and easier experience to play online games than any other system. As a result the online edge goes to Xbox. As Galaxies relies heavily on the online aspect, this plays to the Xbox's advantage.
    Advantage:XBox

Racer Revenge
    Podracing game for the PS2. Should be liked by people who are racing fans and who liked the Episode I: Podracer game(I have no real idea what this game is like).

Knights of the Old Republic
    Platform(s): Xbox
    Looks like this is shaping up to be a very, very good looking Star Wars RPG. Probably a must play for any SW and RPG fan. This is one of the most anticipated upcoming SW titles.
    Advantage:Xbox

Jedi Starfighter
    Standard fare space combat simulator. The sequel to the original Starfighter. A good game for those who like this type of thing. Xbox version does have a couple of extras in it.

As for the edge in this one, the Xbox once again has to get the nod here. This time it is because of the fact that the Xbox is the best system overall for visuals in a game. PS2 and Gamecube have appealing visuals as well, but Xbox beats them both in the graphics department(there are few who will argue with this one).

Starfighter
    Another space combat simulator. The Xbox version does come with a ton of extras though including 5 more levels. Once again the graphics edge goes to the Xbox.

Obi-Wan
    Platform(s): Xbox
    While the reviews were bad for this one, I played through it and it was a playable game. Sure it was nothing special but it was entertaining.

Clone Wars
    Looks to be an action type game. I personally am not to thrilled by the screenshots for it, but there are people who may find this to be to their liking. In either case it will not be on Xbox

So overall the edge goes to Xbox. However it depends on your personal taste. If you are a RPG fan then I would say that the Xbox is your system. If you are more action oriented (and looking forward to bounty hunter) then PS2 may be better suited for you.

As for baseball games, I would go with the Xbox because of the better visuals and Xbox Live which is coming out this fall. Xbox is poised to take over the sports scene. There are just tons of sports games slated to come out - including something like 8 total football games, 4 hockey titles and many others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.