FF:WA In the land of non-SW, its presence is made known...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the idea for this thread. Have you ever stumbled upon a Star Wars reference in a really obscure place? Like web-comics and stuff like that. Hell, even "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!" is like one big Star Wars reference...

This thread is a place for you to post the ones you have stumbled upon in. Make sense? Well you try explaining it better then! :p
  2. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyway, I started reading a new webcomic today called Pffft and it has this comic. Basically ignore the content, they are making shadow-puppets and look who pops up!
  3. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey wheres my credit for the title of the thread? :p
  4. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    I know that FA already knows this one, I tell it to her almost everytime we see them, but EVERY Kevin Smith movie has at least one Star Wars Reference in it.

Clerks: 1)The argument about which is the better movie, Jedi or Empire.
    2)The discussion about all of the private contractors on board the Death Star when it blew up.

Mallrats: 1)Silent Bob keeps trying to do the "Jedi Mind Trick" to move a cigarette.
    2)Silent Bob's only line in the whole movie is a direct quote: "Adventure, excitement; A jedi craves not these things."

Chasing Amy: 1) There is a huge argument at the comic book convention about Lando Calrissian being one of the only black role models in the genre of Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Dogma: 1) Jay's quote about the beginning of the adventure "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f*cked up bar."
    There is another but is is from a deleted scene, so I won't put it in. It was a comparison between the Empire and organised religion.

And like FA said, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is just one big Star Wars parody. I wont give details coz it just came out and I hate spoilers! :D

EDIT: Language....again :p
  5. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehe sorry Piggles... I meant to put that in... Obviously I forgot...

*gets out a megaphone*
    Everyone, I'd like you're attention please...
    I would like to thank Piggles for coming up with the title for this thread. I was stumped and went to her for help and she summed up exactly what I wanted...

That good enough for you? :p

Moving along here
    In keeping with the topic, I know I have posted these on here before, but now this thread suits them more... So here they are again...

Death Maul and Death Vader from the webcomic, "Down to Earth"
  6. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a comic that I would upload if it weren't for Scanner problems. It's from that I need help comic in Saturday's paper and it's one of the few I've seen that's actually funny.
    Anyway, it's Vader standing on stage saying
    And now for my next impression, James Earl jones
  7. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    We have soneil to thank for this. I went looking for that "I Need Help" strip on the internet (I haven't found it yet) But in searching for it I found this comic from "The Parking Lot is Full comic.
  8. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanku FA :D

I have some ones but I lost them so now i must go searching :(
  9. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    okies heres one
    My school hands out diaries to every student in the school and where each weekend is its has a quote from a movie or a famous person.
    I found "there is no try" Yoda :D
  10. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Was watching the Simpsons last night... We all know that they throw in a bunch of references... Everyone has probably see this one. But in the Beauty Pageant episode, Lisa goes to a hair salon and ends up with a Leia-do.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/1411/Smpls.jpg]

EDIT: I added a link to the picture as well as having the picture come up here... The picture works in my browser, but it may not work in others
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Neither work in my browser. :(
    One quote I love though is Homer's statement to Marge. Something like You're as pretty as Princess Leia and as Smart as Yoda
  12. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    soneil, that is rather odd... I got Soup to check it in his browser and he said it worked fine...

For those that couldn't see the image in my previous post, the actual page can be found here.
  13. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jay and silent bob strike back has Mark Hamil in it :D
  14. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished reading that book that Griz leant Soup... The Blue Nowhere by Jeffery Deaver... Excellent book... And it includes some Star Wars references in it... 3 to be exact!

1. ..."He kissed his son goodnight, powered down the computer and shut out the overhead light, leaving a Star Wars spaceship night-light as the only source of illumination in the room.

2. ..."Let's see, who else? Andy Anderson? He was the wise man who dies but whose spirit lives on. Obi-Wan Kenobi."

3. ..."The screen came up:
    Encryption/Decryption
    Enter Username:
    Gillette typed, LukeSkywalker"
  15. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent book eh???? did you pick who Shawn was??? I changed my mind about 4 times :)
  16. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone seems to be avoiding the obvious ones. :)
    There's a few good references in Austin Powers. The classic trailer for the sequel of course and there's also the I am your father scene.
  17. Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was watching "Blind Fury" the other night with Rutger Hauer as Nick Parker and he disposed of a baddie in a rather familiar way towards the end of the movie, i wonder if it's where george got the idea from as it came out in 1989 - way b4 Phantom Menace

Just looked at his filmography and realized how many shows he's been in
  18. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Grizz Excellent book eh???? did you pick who Shawn was??? I changed my mind about 4 times

I had no idea! I kept changing my mind too... And how about all the twists that turned out to not be twists in the way you thought they would be? I'm so going to have to read more of his books... :) *checks out his website*
  19. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Was watching The Nanny tonight...
    Sylvia and Morty (Fran's parents) were on some game-show dressed as Darth Vader and Princess Leia...
  20. Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Knight

star 1
    In "The Head Saves the Earth" Jim's team is designated Red Leader and Mona's team is Gold Leader .
  21. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Tonights new episode of the Simpsons, Yoda performed the gypsy wedding,
  22. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Fine I shall be forced to do another one due to the fact that Drew is a bastard and obviously a faster typer than me :)

In the song "Fire Water Burn" by the Bloodhound Gang, there is a reference to Han Solo and Chewbacca....

Once again

BLEEEEERRGHHH!

DS
  23. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    80s R rated rap group 2 Live Crew called their record label Skywalker Records. They got in trouble over that one.
  24. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    On a new episode of The Simpsons last night, Yoda played a priest at a wedding.
  25. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Look back a couple of posts SK....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.