main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In the Moment (Qui-Gon/Dooku) vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    That was just wonderful in a sad kind of way. Qui-Gon's despair is so very well portrayed. How he has the feeling that all that will ever exist is the sorrow and pain. It's exactly how we experience those emotions and you described it wonderfully. Very impressive work.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Indra Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it even though it was rather intense. I try even though it takes me forever to write anything. Thanks for commenting!

3. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm coming over from the Anakin/Vader thread--just now making my way through all the fics.

I am also a Qui-Gon fan and I loved this.

Despair blossomed into sudden fury. Stepping closer to his Master, he spat out, "Jedi, is that what I am? Is that what we do? Murder people?"

I like this quote from Qui-Gon because it shows the kind of conflict that young Jedi must have--they are taught to be peaceful yet they are fighting machines.

I also liked seeing Dooku as a sypathetic Master who hugged his Padawan. I wish we had seen more of this side of Dooku.

4. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Anakins_Force Thank you so much for commenting. I was quite surprised to see anyone reading this since it's quite old and must have fallen back to the dusty beyond. [face_blush]

I'm glad to hear that you are a Qui-Gon lover. I also just adore the man [face_love] and in this case, the boy.

I love that you picked out that quote. That was one of the keys to this whole story, that as a child he would have to do horrific things for the Jedi and then have to deal with the aftermath. I deliberately put in the horror of the battlefield to point out that lightsabers may be cool but they also help the person wielding it to kill people.

As for Dooku, that was my first attempt at writing him. He's quite a hard character (for me) to write. I wasn't sure if I should make him sympathetic, hard or distant. I'm glad you liked how I wrote him.

Thanks so much for commenting. It made my day.:D

5. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Too tired to fight, Qui-Gon just stood there, shivering with anticipation. It would be now. His Master must think him a failure and he had only to say it to seal his fate.

Looks as though Qui-Gon had his own doubts about his master and his training. He and Obi-Wan had more in common than they knew.

The emotions throughout this fic jumped from the screen. I could clearly feel Qui-Gon's devastated emotions at what he had done.

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think I've underestimated the story potential of Dooku and young Qui-Gon. This is a nice portrayal of a critical moment in Jedi training. Nice work, and poor young Qui-Gon.

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    bek I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I always thought that to kill someone would be devastating to someone and if that person was a relatively young boy who could feel the death in the Force, it would be a horrible thing. Thanks.

ardavenport Dooku isn't one of my favorite characters but he did help shape the life of Qui-Gon Jinn. [face_love] Glad you liked it. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.