Rocky M, NC In the News 2/4/04

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Entropy, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    From Slashdot:

Europe Joins Race To Send Humans To Mars
    CBC reports that the ESA hopes to send humans to Mars within three decades. They first hope to return a Martian soil sample by 2014. They stress the importance of determining whether Mars ever supported life before humans touch down on the surface, because "You can sterilize a robot. But you cannot do the same to an astronaut. Inevitably a human will introduce microbes to the planet ... and contaminate it."

Also, Locus magazine has published its 2003 Recommended Reading List of science fiction, fantasy, and related titles.
  2. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Horrors! If Mars gets contaminated, won't like all those Martians die?

Why not send them up to Uranus?
  3. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I bet Entropy wants to send the French up there. :)
  4. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Anywhere other than earth would be a good start.
  5. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    You don't like the french? :D
  6. Yoda1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Forget the french, I say now that we have Saddam, we tie his butt to a rocket,(the outside of a rocket) and say good ridance! And as for all the martians dieing, lets not kill Marvin the Martian, he's pretty cool, even if he dose aggravate Duck Dodgers.
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not that I don't like the French. It's more of a genocidal rage. I mean, lets face it; they haven't done anything worthwhile since William the Conqueror left in 1066.
  8. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it is the French arrogance that I despise... they still cling to the notion that they are important...

If I were president at the time the French were making a big stink about invading Iraq... I would have dropped a nuke on Paris. Then at the press conference address the Iraqi people saying, "And the French were our allies... are you sure you want to go to War? Lay down your weapons and after we root out a small problem we'll gladly leave. Thank you for your cooperation." Really what this country needs is someone who is not afraid to break a few eggs.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  9. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Or at the very least irradiate them? :)
  10. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Entropy IS French, ironically. Sometimes, he doesn't even pronounce the "R" at the end of his last name, I hear...
  12. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhh, now that is great!
  13. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, you're gonna pay for that one Joe-da.
  14. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
  15. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The next meeting just got really interesting. :) I would hate to be in your shoes, Joe-da.
  16. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I hear he only carries Euro's now...
  17. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why doesnt this surprise me?
  18. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    You people are just plain wrong.
  19. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Wrong? You mean no Francs or Euro's... what did France change just to be different once again?

It's just like I was saying, the French arrogance is out of control... join me in a Nuke Paris campaign... we will put the heathens back in their place once and for all.

Edited by The Corellia Spice Fiend Rehabilitation Center:

Please excuse the raving lunatic in the corner he has been sedated with caffeine and sugar. We do not wish an incident with the French government ( after all, what are we suppose to do with 60 million people after they surrender ). Carry on with your discussion.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  20. JediRiff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Parlez vous who? Hehehehe
  21. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI: Slashdot is reporting today that, according to DVDFile.com, 20th Century Fox and LucasFilm have confirmed that The Original Trilogy will arrive on September 21st in a four-disc set.
  22. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool, now is that The Original Trilogy or the Special Edition Trilogy?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  23. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't know, but if I were going to bet on it, I'ld bet special edition.
  24. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Figures... does anyone here have a DvD burner?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  25. Akaria Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I for one think that Americans are just as bad when it comes to being arrogant. I mean look at what we have been doing to be people since before the very creation of this Country.

Rebeling against the very people whom we were suppose to be loyal to.

Then the breaking apart in the civil war, where both sides were too egotistical to ever stop and say wait we are killing each other for what? What is the purpose of this war? Is it too much to ask for a reasonable conclusion that would not break the very foundation of the country apart? Can we settle things without turning brother against brother?

Then in each other war we come in and try to make ourselves look like the great heros of the day. Enforcing our rule upon others as if we own the damn world.

Also, look at what we are doing over there now in Iraq, throwing our weight around as if we own the place. I for one am against such foreign policies that we are currently using. We have no right in what we are doing in Iraq. However, though I am against it we have to do something to protect our own Country from foreign attacks. I just wish that it were not as damning and as destructive as it has been as of late. Each day we lose another American soul in a place we should not be in.

As for France, they take pride in who they are, just like you, everyone else and myself. You can't hate them for it, you yourself take pride in who you are do you not? To sit here and blast them for being proud of their culture and who they are, is just as egotistcal and as distructive as what you claim them to be.

My God give it up, and look at some of the postive things that France and the other Nations have done. America is just a peice of this small puzzle that we call Earth. Get along with your neighbors and get off your high horses. This goes for many people who just want to blast others just because you see them as being different.

Sheesh were is my Lighting Cannon, I have to hurt people just to make them see reason.

Akaria
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.