main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~In the Quiet~ Written for MMM VIII!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Irish_Jedi_Jade, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Title: In the Quiet
    Author: Irish_Jedi_Jade
    Genre: Mush, drama, a bit of humor.
    Characters: L/M, the zoo.
    Summary: Heroes are human, too.
    A/N: Written for the MMMVIII First Sentence Challenge!!!! For this time around, begin your fic with the following: "Of all the people he/she had hoped to see walk through that door, he/she was the very last one he/she had imagined would come to his/her rescue" Hope you all enjoy!
    Many many thanks to Myriad_daydreams (as usual!) ;) for being my amazing sounding board and my "OMG-its-MMM-tomorrow-will-this-work?!?!??!" beta. Also, big hugs to Jade_eyes [face_dancing] for her constant enthusiasm and for cheering me up! And of course, to JediTrace for getting me started in this L/M mush addiction [face_beatup] :p and to the amazing Jade_pilot @};- for helping me become a better writer and always believing in me.

There. Now that that's the longest intro ever, on with the story!

Of all the people he had hoped to see walk through that door, she was the last one he had imagined. But with a gulp, he decided to try his luck...after all, how many stupid things had he done in his lifetime that had worked out? Too many to count.

?Jade, wait up!?

Mara heaved a sigh as she turned slowly to face the rogue pilot.

?What is it, Janson?? One red-gold eyebrow was raised as she regarded him with a mix of frustration, disdain, and scathing humor. ?And in case you haven?t noticed, I got married...so its Jade-[i]Skywalker[/i].?

?Yeah, but that?s a bit long to say, don?t you think? Besides, you?ll still respond to Jade for me won?t you??

Rolling her eyes, Mara turned away and resumed her brisk pace down the corridor.

?Fine then, [i]Mrs. Skywalker,[/i] I need to ask you a favor. There?s this box on the top shelf that I just can?t quite reach, and I thought maybe you?d use your force-stuff and get it down for me? Its...top secret stuff.?

Mara only kept walking, shaking her head so her braid swung as it hung down her back.

?For the love of...if this is about that box of cookies Wedge said he hid from you and Hobbie, you?re going to be missing some body parts in short order.?

?Well...?

~))((~

?Do you see what the problem is?? Luke hoped his voice sounded encouraging, comforting, to the small twi?lek he was standing over. She had progressed admirably through her training, and now had reached the final stages--namely the building of her lightsaber.

However, it wasn?t going well. She couldn?t seem to connect the way she needed to...and he was at a loss to help her. Technical pursuits were a second nature to him, so to explain how to do basic wiring or how electricity was generated was like asking a fish to detail how it swam.

?I just...does this go here?? She put a wire close to the power source, and a arc of electricity jolted out and into her finger. With a clatter, she dropped the pieces and stuck her burned digit into her mouth with a yelp.

Luke looked at her finger after he had persuaded her to remove it from her mouth--the burn was painful but not dangerous. With a deep breath, he picked up the pieces and showed her again, striving to think of a easier way to explain.

?The white goes to the positive side, and the blue to the negative side, Meena. See, then the current can flow...?

~))((~

[i]Flash.

Bang.

Slash.[/i]

Ducking under a bolt, Mara swung her saber in a burning pirouette as she buried it into one of her attackers. Spinning, she snapped her booted foot up into the face of another assailant, a grim smile of satisfaction when she felt and heard the snap of vertebre as his neck shattered.

Unable to spare a glance, she simply pressed herself more firmly against Luke?s back as the battle raged on around them. Their bond made them an invincible team...it was like having eyes in the backs of their heads, a constant flow of information thundered between them. From her, analyses of threats lev

2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, that was so sweet! I usually don't get to say this in a romantic piece, but that was a great battle scene you wrote. I could really feel the action as you described it.

This was precious:

Here, Mara Jade was not a killer, not a jedi, not anything but his. And she was never more beautiful.

[face_love]

3. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Awww....This was wonderful[face_love] . Of course I loved the first paragraph. Hopefully Wes isn't missing any body parts now^^
    And how Mara made Fey'lya speechless- oh this was great! I liked the whole ff very much. Well-done!
    =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was a great battle scene LOL Loved how Mara reamed Fey'lya--that was priceless!!! Glad they make moments to rediscover and strengthen their love and joy and mutual passion. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I see you imbued and overflowing with the same inner beauty, joy of life and love--you brim with it and it spills over everyone you touch on these boards. And that's another reason this is perfect ... the first and foremost one is... you ROCK at mush!! and are GENIUS with L&M!!!! =D= @};-

Loving SQUGGLES! Jade eyes

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Lovely

if this is about that box of cookies Wedge said he hid from you and Hobbie, you?re going to be missing some body parts in short order.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Nice bit of humor you worked in there.

I loved Mara rescuing Luke from the meeting so they could properly celebrate their anniversary.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this vig just has a great bit smile on my face -

if this is about that box of cookies Wedge said he hid from you and Hobbie, you?re going to be missing some body parts in short order.

and bits like that just make it even better! [face_love]

Great work IJJ, as always.=D=

~MJ@};-

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?Fine then, Mrs. Skywalker, I need to ask you a favor. There?s this box on the top shelf that I just can?t quite reach, and I thought maybe you?d use your force-stuff and get it down for me? Its...top secret stuff.?

Mara only kept walking, shaking her head so her braid swung as it hung down her back.

?For the love of...if this is about that box of cookies Wedge said he hid from you and Hobbie, you?re going to be missing some body parts in short order.?

?Well...?

[face_laugh] That was great!!

With a smirk, she brushed a smudge of dirt from her husband?s face. His blonde hair was caked with sweat, and she could see the way his hands trembled as he clutched his lightsaber. When was the last time he had fallen breathless from the heat of passion, not the heat of battle? They had been through so much together...heroism came at a price. So many times, they would fall into bed exhausted with their boots still on their feet, lightsabers still strapped to their belts. Meals were hurried affairs, taken out of necessity, not a vehicle for fellowship or togetherness. Such was the price of heroism...lives hurried and rushed, not savored and treasured.
    :(

So many times, he had tried to tell her this, to explain to her what he saw in these moments. Often, he wondered if she?d understood, if she had grasped the beauty he saw in her every day, and the loveliness in her when she was at peace.

?I love you.?

She gave him a smile, so radient and alive...full of every good and perfect thing that made each day worth living. Heroism was what many thought to be the enduring tempo of their lives...and with each day that flew by filled with conflict and battle, he had begun to believe it. But here...he remembered. His heart was filled with the joy of life...of love.

Oh, Irish that was gorgeous!! [face_love]@};- Such a beautiful piece, but that's not surprising. ;) Lovely, amazing job!! SQUGGLES!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I am completely in love with this story, Irish!! [face_love] [face_love]

There were so many great lines...

and

You sure know how to celebrate our anniversary with a bang, farmboy. I?m looking forward to what you plan for our next one...a kidnapping maybe?

You?re lifeday?s so much closer, love. Look forward to that.

were my favorites! They were so perfect Mara in the first and L/M in the second!!

And the end... whoo boy! I loved that end! [face_love]

Great job, girl!! =D=

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was perfect!

With a smirk, she brushed a smudge of dirt from her husband?s face. His blonde hair was caked with sweat, and she could see the way his hands trembled as he clutched his lightsaber. When was the last time he had fallen breathless from the heat of passion, not the heat of battle? They had been through so much together...heroism came at a price. So many times, they would fall into bed exhausted with their boots still on their feet, lightsabers still strapped to their belts. Meals were hurried affairs, taken out of necessity, not a vehicle for fellowship or togetherness. Such was the price of heroism...lives hurried and rushed, not savored and treasured.

We?ll make time, my love. I promise.

Mara pressed a quick kiss to his cheek as she pulled her blaster from its holster, a weapon in each hand. She took a deep breath, readying herself to rejoin the fray of battle alongside the troops that had now joined them.

I?ll hold you to that, Skywalker.

[face_love] =D=

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_love] Very sweet! Just the MMM I needed! I really liked how Mara was going to get what she wanted and she let no one stand in her way!

You sure know how to celebrate our anniversary with a bang, farmboy. I?m looking forward to what you plan for our next one...a kidnapping maybe?

Luke rolled his eyes, casting her a look that was half apology and half amusement.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's our couple, craaazy (about each other)! ;) Love it, gal!

11. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    I love it!

Their bond made them an invincible team...it was like having eyes in the backs of their heads, a constant flow of information thundered between them. From her, analyses of threats levels, possible sniper spots, tactics, and contingencies were sent effortlessly to her husband, just as he sent her snippets of thoughts, courage, friend-and-foe identifications, danger levels, and the insights of a Jedi Master.

I especially like this description of how well they work together and what they contribute, but you do a great job of showing them as individuals as well. Mara telling off Fey'lya was awesome, and I loved how she took the initiative for their anniversary celebration. [face_love]

Great job! =D=

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'm just now getting to the mush and yours is wonderful!! I enjoyed every part, IJJ.

Bravo and well done! =D=

13. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Wonderful little scenes that set up the whole theme. All before have touched on the points I was to emphasize, but I will add one that most missed or didn't seem important.

The scene with Luke and the Twi'Lek student. He showed so much patience and willingness to teach her. It actually echoed his own patience and commitment to Mara. Who else in the galaxy would have the patience to tame Mara Jade.

In the quiet times...here in the afterglow of passion, she was everything soft and beautiful...everything feminine she sought so hard to hide. Here, Mara Jade was not a killer, not a jedi, not anything but his. And she was never more beautiful.

Bravo once again, Irish !! =D=[face_good_luck]=D=

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005

Wedge hiding cookiees from Hobbie and Wes... [face_laugh]

Oh my...

Mara's way of celebrating... oh yes. Loved that.

Well done and wonderful story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.