main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In the Shadows (A/P viggie, post RofS )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ani-eyes, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ani-eyes

ani-eyes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2006
    Title: In the Shadows
    Author: ani-eyes (me obviously)
    Genre: Angsty, Romance
    Rating: PG/PG-13 (things are implied but nothing vivid)
    Characters: Anakin, Padme
    Summary: A look into Padme and Anakin?s relationship at his return from the Outer Rim, from a 3rd point of view (one-shot/viggie)

In the Shadows

At last you have returned. Your endless days and sleepless nights are finally over; you are home.

Your dark golden hair radiates in the Corustant sun as you quickly scan the area, determined to find your only love. Nervous excitement gleams in your cobalt eyes, something that even your cool hard demeanour can not disguise. Tall in stature and appearance does not change the young compassionate heart that beats loudly in your chest. Even the death and destruction you have continuously witnessed, doesn?t change the small boy that still exists inside of you.

You are Anakin Skywalker. The fastest, the strongest and the ultimate Jedi. You are the ?hero with no fear?; the Chosen One; the savour of the Republic. And I am the thing that will concur you.

Soon, I tell myself, you will be mine. You will bow down before me and surrender. You will be my manservant, my closest ally.

But for now, I must wait, for currently you are beyond my reach.

I watch with dismay as you cower into your lover?s arms, truly happy for the first time in months, stroking at her chestnut curls lovingly. Your face is alight with happiness as you kiss her smooth skin, relishing in Amidala?s comforting touch. She strokes your bronzed features with a long finger, brushing her lips gently over your own, marking you as hers.

Encircling the senator into your warm embrace, you lose yourself in the moment, the Republic and the War suddenly seeming unimportant. She is the only thing that matters: the light in your life, your purpose for living. Without her you would crumble, losing yourself in darkness and grief; mine for the taking.

Clinging to her slender form with desperate passion, your lips curl into a joyful smile, enough to set any female heart aflutter. And yet, you do not realise it. So unsure of your own power and own destiny, you are not aware of the true strength you possess. The small slave boy still lives inside of you, whispering that you are not worthy, not deserving, to be happy.

To you Padme is a angel, a being of pure perfection. You treasure every touch and every caress of her body, drowning in her unmatched beauty.

Pulling her away from the prying eyes of the Republic, you kiss; softly and tenderly, moist lips sliding slowly over her own. Months of yearning have made you dizzy, the intensity of the kiss driving you away from all logical thought. All you think about is Padme: the centre of your universe.

Separating your lips, you breath raggedly against her mouth, forehead resting on her own for support. The senator of Naboo has reduced you to a trembling heap once more, she being the only person that has ever made you truly afraid. You fear her realising what you are slowly becoming, every day you are apart. Without her you are weak, you are vulnerable: easy prey for the Sith.

Every day without her, your resentment grows, pushing you further into my awaiting arms. Once I have caught you, I will never let go, dominating your life every day with my darkness. I am something that even you will never be free from, something stronger that life itself. I am something that even light can not escape.

You cannot see me, but I am always here, in every man, every being. I am what makes people kill and hate, the pure concentrated evil of the universe. You cannot fight me, nobody can, for evil will always exist. Especially inside of you.

I watch on as Padme laughs softly as you smile, winding her hands into your golden curls.

Moving towards her senatorial apartments, your hands entwined, you forget about the growing darkness. With her you are free, away from my grasp, bound to the side of good. Without her you will fall.

Stripping away your restricting

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    I loved it! I could imagine a shadow whispering that to Anakin in his dreams, and hi waking up in a cold sweat....
    *shivers* brrrrr

It was wonderful, I loved it

3. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    That was really nice. I thought it worked very well.

[face_monkey]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Whoa - that was intense and very chilling.

The darkness, watching and waiting [face_devil] [face_devil]

Great job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was awesome! kind of creepy also. GREAT JOB

6. Mirik

Mirik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2005
    it was so powerful! thanks!

7. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Very nice. =D=

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Brilliant!

For at the moment you do not know that your beautiful wife will be your downfall. In the end it will be your love that leads you towards the path of evil; a love so strong that it blinds you to all else in the universe. Ultimately, all you see is her.

I love it when authors make the Force (dark or light) a character! :D

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That was creepy.

This was a great vig. At first I thought that was Palpy that was talking or thinking or something, but the more I read, I figure that it couldn?t bee, I think that you did a great job with describing what darkness would have thought in the movie, dose that make any sense:confused: .

Okay, at first I wasn?t sure that I was going to read this (I?m glad I did by the way) I just didn?t fell like getting into another argument that we both know that you can?t win;) .
    Hayden is mine, he always was, he is now, and he always will be[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] ;) .

10. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Hey, great viggie!

Though I don't understand from whose POV it was written.[face_blush] First I thought it to be Palpie, but at the end I thought it was Vader in Anakin or semething like that.

=D= =D= =D=

11. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Lovely vignette, ani-eyes! =D=
    I like how you made us wait until the end for nothing. [face_devil]
    That's what I woulda done. :p
    Good job!!! :D

C @};- S

12. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    =D= very good personification ani-eyes. I truly loved it.... I feel so sorry for Anakin, not knowing what was coming...:_|

Rachel Rose@};-

13. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Ooh, that was certainly chilling. Great detail, you've got a nice writing style. Love the way you personified Darkness.

Awesome job! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.