main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX In the Spirit of Black History Month

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by krwade3, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    OK I have a few questions to ask and the one that get all of them right first will get a 20 Blockbuster Gift certificate from Me.

Reason- for fun

#1. What was the first movie that Larry Fishburne played in and how old was he?

#2. Who was the first DR. to Successfully complete open heart surgery and in what year, and why was the surgery necessary?(What was the cause)

#3. Who is mostly responsable for the designs for the White house. And what was one of his most famous creations?

#4. What was Martin Luther Kings Birth name?

#5. Here is an easy one. Who was the first black actor to win an Academy award and for what movie?

Ill keep it short and sweet. Im a little late , but better late than never and besides I think it will be interesting to see who will be first to get them all right.

Its not just black history its your history.

2. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    #1 is apocalypse now, age 17

#5 you used the word ACTOR so i assume you want sidney pottier for goodbye mr. chips.
    otherwise first black PERSON was the maid from gone with the wind, i forget her name.

3. Nightcrawler13

Nightcrawler13 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    I know it's day light savings and all but did we need to set the calendar back 2 months?

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    'Black History Month' was in Februray.

#4 His birth name was Michael Luther Kings Jr. but was later renamed Martin by his father.

:cool:

5. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    LIKE I SAID IN THE VERY FIRST POST, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. When it was is irrelevant,because it is still history. :p

Get it history
    Man I crack myself up... :D

And Jeff that is correct Im surprised , cause that was the hardest question of them all.

Ya stone thats what I meant,and Larry was 15 not 17.

I appreciate your participation

6. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Kenley, you've never heard Jeff speak jive before, have you? :)

7. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Ive heard more out of him on line than in real life.

But since Im in the spirit of giving I will give 10 dollars a piece to the only people to answer any questions.

Thank you for joining in Jeff and Stone

The answer to the other 2 questions are:

#2. Dr. Daniel Hale Williams Jr. the patient suffered a knife wound that was 2 inches deep. The year was 1893 and the man lived 20 years after the surgery. In that day to stub your toe an live longer was a blessing.

#3. Benjamin Banneker was the creater of the first Farmers Almanac and the first American built striking clock completely made out of wood. The clock worked to the second for 50 years. Talk about american made.

Next Week movie trivia... Money involved questions to be answered and nothing to lose...

8. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    "Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus be messin' my old lady, got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head, ya know?" :cool:

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.