main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 27, 2014.

?

In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

1. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will die in Ep. 8 or 9

3.5%
  2. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will survive the entire ST

3.5%
  3. Han will die heroically in Ep. 7, but he should die in Ep. 8 or 9

5.3%
  4. Han should die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9, but he will survive the entire ST

1.8%
  5. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 7

26.3%
  6. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9

15.8%
  7. Han should and will survive the entire ST

42.1%
  8. Han should die like in a coward in 1 of the 3 ST films

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Another brain-twister of a poll from Lord Ladnar!

Harrison Ford really wanted Han to die heroically in ROTJ, but GL did not grant Harrison his wish. Will Harrison get his wish fulfilled in the ST and should he? This poll asks you to consider what you guess will happen Han in the ST and it also asks what you think should happen to Han. Read the choices closely! I think I covered every possibility!

(BTW I think Han will die in Ep. 7, but because a lot of fans probably expect that he'll die in 7, I think it would better and more surprising if he died in 8 or 9.)

whostheBossk and thebadge like this.
  2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't want to see Han die. Or Luke looking old. Or Leia looking ill.

Why couldn't they just live happily ever after with the Ewoks? :(

darth ladnar likes this.
  3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I really don't get this fascination about killing Han off in the ST. I understand that Ford had a desire to see the character die in the final act of the OT, but that was 30 years ago and at a time (based on ROTJ's story) where he truly believed that Han's journey was complete. A lot could have happened in the intervening years and for all we know, he could have changed his mind about the whole thing. Let's not forget that rumor a couple months back that mentioned Ford was happy with Han's character arc throughout all of the films. That, to me, suggests that he may be appearing in more than just Episode VII. Of course, only time will tell, but I'm feeling confident that Han may indeed survive the entirety of the ST.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_praying]

HanSolo29 likes this.
  5. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I think it would be cool to see Han go out like a hero, but he will survive the ST. Plus it's happier to have him live.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  6. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I think atleast Han, Luke or Leia will be toast in ep 8..... May use that as a bridge to the last part of the ST. Hope not, but I doubt everyone will make it to the end.

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I wouldn't mind either way. If it makes sense for the story, I say go for it.

DarthBreezy and Darth Punk like this.
  8. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Because Ewoks eat people. :(

9. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    For as long as there have been speculation that someone would die in Episode VII coupled with Harrison Ford's feelings towards Star Wars and the possibility of him coming back, there's no doubt he's coming back to die.

jaqen likes this.
  10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If anyone is likely to "die" in these films (and quite possibly in Episode VII) I would say it's probably Luke in a "mirror" of Qui-Gon in Episode I and Obi-Wan in Episode IV.

But I would suggest by the time Luke "passes over" he really will have learned how to "become more powerful than we can possibly imagine".

So I imagine he'll have a pivitol role to play throughout the ST, much more so than Ben's role in the OT and Qui-Gon's non-role in the PT.

Lurknomore and HanSolo29 like this.
  11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    [face_relieved]
    Not Luke, he's my favorite character! It would be so sad...

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope all 3 survive Episode 7. After that game on.

13. Swarley

Swarley Jedi Knight

May 15, 2013
    I just don't think it would make as much sense to kill off his character now. It would have worked well in RotJ, but I just don't see the point now. During this trilogy, if they're going to kill off one of the three, it makes much more sense for it to be Luke. Either way, I hope they all make it to Episode 8.

Lurknomore and Han Burgundy like this.
  14. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    If Han was ever going to die, it would have been in ROTJ. That would have served a distinct sense of purpose in the context of the story. I don't see Han getting killed in battle as an old man in the ST as something that would serve much purpose to the saga in any way other than shock value. Same with Leia. The story of the ST can't really be "about" them anymore, and yet to kill them off while the story has moved away from them would just make their deaths that much more senseless.

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I imagine Harrison signed on for the entire ST because the money would be to good & the fact the rumour is an Indy film was part of the deal too...so if anything he might die in EP9 but I hope not at all.....

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP likes this.
  16. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I admit I was surprised when I entered my vote and found I was in a large majority wanting Han to survive the whole trilogy. I'm not even really a fan of his character, but I really don't see a point in killing him off now. I'd love it if him and Leia could get a "happily ever after", and even if she were to die he'd still have Chewbacca. Besides, he already had his "death" moment in TESB and another one would be redundant. Honestly I think the chances of his survival are about 50/50, but I went for the optimistic approach. Also, darth ladnar, there is no option for wanting him to survive but thinking he won't, so you weren't quite as thorough as you thought you were being. ;)

17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    1. Ford wanted Han to die.
    2. Lucas likes paralles.
    3. Han dying would show how far Han has come from his selfish days.

If any of the big three would die, I'm sure it would be Han.

jaqen likes this.
  18. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Rats!

Mystery Roach likes this.
  19. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't want to see any of the original characters die, especially not in Episode 7.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  20. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Han is my least favorite among the big 3, but I'm actually very intrigued to see him back because I think Harrison Ford is more fascinating than ever as an actor. I'm more interested in even the idea of an old, grisled Han than I am in the younger version I already know.

Having said that, if the death is done well, I'm fine with it. Considering that all the main players from the prequel trilogy are dead by the end of IV, I'm bracing myself for the very real possibility that all three might perish by the close of IX.

Easy remedy. Don't go see the next trilogy. Keep the ROTJ happy ever after in tact for yourself.

purplerain likes this.
  21. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    When Harrison Ford is in the zone, there are not many actors that are better. Harrison can bring a seriousness, or rather a "heaviness" to the trilogy that the other 2 actors cannot. Even if it's just in the background. He is a strong actor, and a strong character that should be utilized to the full; not killed for the sake of sacrifice.

Apparently, in our civilized modern age, turning down a prom date request can result in being stabbed to death, so I fail to see the need to sacrifice Solo for emotional fuel.

thebadge and SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP like this.
  22. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    How would have Han died heroically in ROTJ anyway? Was something written?
    Would he have flown up to the death star and jumped in front of Vader's lightsaber?

23. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Han should play a transport tycoon and stay out of the action.

I dont want him to run and jump around with the danger of a heart attack

24. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    He'd have flown the Falcon instead of Lando.

Lurknomore likes this.
  25. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    After all the crap they went through in the books, let Han and Leia live happily every after in the ST. I'd be happy for them to just fade into the background, flying into the sunse at the end of 9 and let the new heroes take over.

Eternal_Jedi, TKT and agentkrycek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.