main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 27, 2014.

?

In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

1. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will die in Ep. 8 or 9

3.5%
  2. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will survive the entire ST

3.5%
  3. Han will die heroically in Ep. 7, but he should die in Ep. 8 or 9

5.3%
  4. Han should die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9, but he will survive the entire ST

1.8%
  5. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 7

26.3%
  6. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9

15.8%
  7. Han should and will survive the entire ST

42.1%
  8. Han should die like in a coward in 1 of the 3 ST films

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Having them in the new movies is just to give it a "this is the real star wars!" feeling.

They will have just cameos.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

I'm pretty sure that we all expect them to be more than just cameos. As for Han, if he were to die, then he should die in Ep. VIII.

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Han will not die - at least not in Episode VII.

If the story calls for his and Leia's offspring being a future major character(s) for 8 and 9, then Han's importance just increased two-fold since ROTJ.

Thus, Ford's initial reasoning for wanting to kill Han off ('cause he didn't have any connection or stake in the Vader-Skywalker twins storyline) doesn't apply anymore.

4. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    Their role will be something like Mr. Spocks role in Star Trek reboot.

TKT likes this.
  5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    They will have more than just cameos, especially if any of the reports are to be believed about them shifting the script around so that they have larger roles. I would say they will be strong supporting players, at the very least, similar to Qui-Gon in TPM and Obi-Wan in ANH.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    Qui Gon and Obi Wan played the wise old guy.

I see mark hamil having a bigger role as the wise old guy. But i dont see Han and Leia having much screentime with their Grandpa/Grandma Love.

Harrison Ford is 72 years old. he barely can play a 60 year old man with much much make up.

I am not a hater but i promise if they gave Han and leia more than 5 minutes of total screen time, that the young audience in the cinemas will puke their popcorn onto the seats of their neighbors.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Seriously, what a complete crock of...

8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I honestly think at least one of the Big 3 has to go in Episode VII. It becomes too tedious to have a trilogy of films with a new trio of heroes and the former trio of heroes vying for screen time and attention. Let Luke, Leia, and Han play mentor roles, but the torch has to be definitively passed.

jaqen and Pensivia like this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes. Yes, you are.

10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I could see it Han and Chewie doing a Thelma and Louise into the big bad's ship and saving the kids etc. "Punch it Chewie!"

Then Leia goes off to lead some people somewhere while Luke doesn't go into the Force as some might expect in the first movie but hangs around but in a Yoda role before "Forcing" out in IX.

I think it's a fair bet that Luke's Dagobah will be Tatooine.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    No one has to actually die to pass the torch, and it's already been said Han has had his death/resurrection in Empire/Jedi, and Luke and Leia had the death of their innocence.

Killing them off would honestly just be a cheap way out.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. Seriously. For 35 years, Han Solo has been the gold standard of sci-fi badassery and everyone knows that. If Han Solo dies in the ST, he's going to go out like a boss.

13. SeinEwigerSchatten

May 10, 2013
    Yes on the Original Trilogy DVD or Blueray he is still the young and attractive Han Solo. Still the standard in bad assery. I give you that.

But this is his actual condition. Please keep in mind that he had already a facelift and make up on this foto.

[​IMG]

The man is 72 years old. The average life expectansy for a male in North america is 74 years.

Han Solo on Blueray, DVD

[​IMG]

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A) A GFFA is NOT North America.

B) Han Solo's age is irrelevant to Harrison's age.

C) He is STILL a Hot Bad Ass. (But Mark looks amazing!! - Sorry Harrison!!)

And finally, age/weight of the actors is already an off-limits criticism on this board. We're just damn lucky the 'old crew' is still around/still interested in the project.

Speaking as a long time board member, I for one am utterly sick of it as well.

jaqen, Eternal_Jedi, Pensivia and 3 others like this.
  15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I think everyone in the galaxy *except* Han will die. Episode IX will end with Han spinning indefinitely in space like Sandra Bullock. Iris out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pensivia and Lurknomore like this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You are disproving your own point. That man - in the top photo - doesn't look a day over 60. Hell, he could probably pass for even younger. He's still fit, and hasn't changed much in terms of looks since Return of the Jedi. In short: audiences all over the world are gonna love seeing him as Han Solo again!
    Also, you are just being mean. Please take your hating somewhere else.

And that is the last I shall comment on the matter.

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    [​IMG]

That looks perfectly fine for an elder Han. I have no trouble accepting Harrison Ford in the part looking like that. As far as I'm concerned its a non-issue.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A facelift? Okay, pal...whatever. He looks absolutely fantastic for his age...and all of that is without going under the knife, I can assure you.

I'm so sick of this kind of vitriol regarding the ages of the Big Three. It is a form of discrimination and it needs to stop. Growing older is a natural part of life and I wish people would realize that.

19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    The average life expectancy in the US for a man is 77 and that includes things like infant mortality -- which I don't think Harrison has to worry about. When a man makes it to age 70, then his avg life expectancy is 85 to 90 depending on his health and the way he treats his body. Also, that man is 71 not 72.

Pensivia and TKT like this.
  20. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Ford looks great.

Have no concern with the big 3.

Most of my concern is with any NEW 3 - actors that not only need to look the part but act good as well.

Pensivia and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't Dooku in his 80'a when he did AOTC and ROTS? What's the problem?

Pensivia and gambit420 like this.
  22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    The problem is these 'kids' have no idea... :rolleyes:

Pensivia, Jobertus and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    And 80 year old Christopher Lee pulled it off awesomely!!

Pensivia, Jobertus and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    No option for "Han should survive" then? Because I think he should. I disagree with Ford about the OT. The only way Han could have died in Jedi is if he made the Death Star run instead of Lando. Once that didn't happen, Han had to survive. His arc across the trilogy was to go from selfish pirate to responsible leader. He's got Leia to look after and he's now got the Republic to look after.

When it comes to the sequels, Han has had his adventures. Maybe he longs for those swashbuckling days, maybe the good life on Coruscant drives him nuts and when things go bad, he's the first in line to go where the action is. But I think that Han's role should be first, to protect his kids and second, to protect the Republic. I actually see Han in the Mace Windu role or even the Admiral Ackbar role to a large extent in the sequels. If I were writing the sequels, I think I'd have Han be about longing for adventure and then saving his kinds in 7, leading the Republic military in 8 and then in 9 maybe going back to his smuggler roots, possibly as a means to find allies against whatever threat they're facing.

Han isn't the same person we met in Mos Eisley all those years ago. I think Luke needs to fill the Qui-Gon/Ben Kenobi role in 7 and when Luke is gone, it's up to Han and Leia to keep moving forward and make sure his sacrifice means something.

HanSolo29 and Claire1976 like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He will die in each and every movie from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.