main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Apr 27, 2014.

?

In the ST, Should/Will Harrison Ford Have His Wish Fulfilled that Han Die Heroically?

1. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will die in Ep. 8 or 9

3.5%
  2. Han should die heroically in Ep. 7, but he will survive the entire ST

3.5%
  3. Han will die heroically in Ep. 7, but he should die in Ep. 8 or 9

5.3%
  4. Han should die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9, but he will survive the entire ST

1.8%
  5. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 7

26.3%
  6. Han should and will die heroically in Ep. 8 or 9

15.8%
  7. Han should and will survive the entire ST

42.1%
  8. Han should die like in a coward in 1 of the 3 ST films

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I actually think Ford looks more like a rough-edged smuggler today than he did when he was 35.

Yeah, I can see this too. The way I imagine it is like this. Han and Leia don't end up staying together forever. I think their personalities are too strong, and they'd clash. However, they still love each other. They just can't get along. Han's gone back to his smuggling past, but somehow he's drawn back into the new galactic conflict. At some climatic moment, Han (and maybe Chewie) fly the Millennium Falcon into the bridge of a starship that is about to destroy the sharship Leia is aboard, and the collision destroys the enemy starship, saving Leia's life but killing Han in the process. The instant before Han crashes into the enemy starship, the ship Leia is aboard receives a transmission from the Falcon, but we don't get to hear the transmission at that time. Then, later, when Leia is alone, the starship's captain comes to Leia to play the recording of Han's last transmission, and Han's last words are: "Leia, I want you to know I've always loved you." She tears up and so do we.

jaqen, Lando Swarm and Pensivia like this.
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Did HF want Han to die herically, or just to die? I think it's an important distinction. If HF's going through the motions, or only in it for the money, I say he should have an ignominious death.

I think Han Solo whilst watching TV, manages to pick up a faint transmission from another galaxy - a faint version of a movie called Raiders of the Lost Arc. He climbs onto his roof, to adjust his ariel, but he falls, and breaks his neck.

He's left lying on the floor, by the side of his house for hours before anyone finds his body, and in that time, he poos himself.

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Han should go out like Elvis.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    a han solo shameful death thread is needed

darth ladnar and Zombie Obi like this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Han shoots himself first. Fans everywhere simultaneously rejoice and complain.

jaqen, Trebor Sabreon, B3 and 8 others like this.
  6. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    "Han should die like a coward in 1 of the 3 ST films"'

[​IMG]

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Han should be sacrificed to the Serpent cult to show how much of a threat they are.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    ^^This, exactly.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It makes sense for me/I'd like to see it happen because, if you're going to bring back Luke-Han-Leia, one of them ought to perish in order to make Episode VII (or VIII & IX, depending of course when said death occurs) more emotionally resonant. Examples: Qui-Gon perished in TPM, Obi-Wan perished in ANH. Each death had its purpose... a Solo death would serve a purpose as well. Why not make it a character that clearly hits such a chord with fans, more so perhaps than Luke & Leia?

jaqen and StoneRiver like this.
  10. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Yes!

[​IMG]

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    He certainly has good looking facial hair. :p

Pensivia likes this.
  12. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    This poll really only needs two choices: Yes or No.
    I say yes, Han will die in the ST...but that will not fulfill Harrison's desires…if that were the case, Han would have died in ROTJ.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    In many respects, it would have made a lot of sense for Solo to have perished in ROTJ.

Lurknomore and Buddha Fett like this.
  14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Yup. In ROTJ, after being thawed out at Jabba's Palace, Han really has nothing to do in terms of the story. His role is replaced by Lando taking command of the Falcon, and all Han does thereafter is stand around, smirk and 'fly casual'. If he'd not survived the Carbonite, it would've been better for the overall story up to that point (as much as we love him, it's the truth). I hope he's given a crucial role in the ST, and is given the powerful and dignified exit that he deserves.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I think Han should and will live. Only because I think Luke should and will die, and they can't BOTH die because that would just be too much.

Luke should die because it's kind of tradition at this point (Qui-Gon > Obi-Wan > Luke), it would be a great transformative moment for the new young lead (and a great iconic moment for the audience), AND he can come back as a force ghost for the rest of the trilogy anyway. :p

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He poops himself to death? I know slightly_unhinged would be all over that one!

17. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014

I like it. We take a cue from GL's clunky scripting and have a little back story where he did the kessel run in 12 parsecs for old time's sake, showing off by picking up some spice from the kessel mines en-route. When we see him in the film, he uses them to make a massive vindaloo/dhall type curry and sharts himself to death. Chewy survives but has a massive case of clingons/chugnuts/dags and luke has to trim them off with a lightsabre.

18. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Great Poll^:)^ Agree he goes out but not until 9 maybe early in 9. This is about the only thing that could actually add even more money to the huge
    gross these movies will have.

darth ladnar likes this.
  19. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

Man it still bums me out that Endor was not Kassyyk sp. And it was the small rebel band and enslaved Wookies overthrowing
    the Empire would have made ROTJ EQUALLY awesome the ANH,TESB dang nothing against the Ewoks but hugh letdown especially
    looking back at it.

darth ladnar likes this.
  20. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

Oh my never Like no way GL for sure has that in the contract. Wowza If Han dies heroically at the beginning of 9 and then Luke and Leia take on

the entire Galaxy so be it. But never Luke never. I voted Han dies like a hero in 9 but I prefer my heroes to all Make it. Luke is the last or first jedi

and should without question at this point be the strongest JEDI ever. Yoda in all his wisdom was wrong and Luke out of friendship in TESB and LOVE in ROTJ was right. He refused to sacrifice his friends and refused to KILL his father. Yoda died from old age and so should Luke for sure.

21. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    They should do something totally different and have him die off screen between VII and VIII.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    EPVII should start with an heroic act from Han but it puts him in a critical condition. The next two hours are spent showing us Han slowly dying and the many visitors and well wishers he receives. The film ends when Han finally closes his eyes.

EPVIII opens in the same hospital with medical staff running around in panic as Han has just opened his eyes, which sets up a further two hours of Han on his deathbed. But by the end of it he's getting better.

EPIX shows Han in good spirits and documents his recovery.

There isn't a villain required. There isn't a story required. It's all about emotional impact.

23. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I don't think Harrison is running around with the Han should/must die in this trilogy flag. He waved it around during TESB-ROTJ because his hollywood carrer was really getting of, especially because of adding Indiana Jones to his repertoire. Also since Han was already in carbonite he wanted to give some weight to ROTJ by him dying. And it's well known his contract was movie based not trilogy. So he did choose to come back. But you knew that already.

If Han is to die I think it's going to happen in episode 8. Because then Han would go out more heroically because then he wouldn't "resurface" just to die. He did something. In addition, it's a tradition to mirror events in Star Wars, TESB is definitely exactly what the title imply. Ending with the heroes losing

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was gonna say that he should snort the spices like it's cocaine, but I like your idea too!

25. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    As long as he sharts himself to death, I'm happy.

Would be good also to see a glimpse of Boba Fett's helmet coming out of Sarlaac's butt, too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.