1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:QLD In this thread, we discuss what happened at Work/High School/University.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    So how was everybody's day???

Pretty quiet shift at the club tonight...
    Called the cops on a crazy lady that was gonna report us to the FBI for sending her junkmail. Now when I say crazy, I wanna let you all know I mean CRAZY8-} . If all the crazy people started their own loony town, this bird would indeed be the town crazy. She said she was not gonna leave until she received some sort of recompense, for the trauma caused by our promotional mail. So as I rather gently walked her out of the club, she went for the obvious bouncer-brutality whine.

Other fun things predictably followed like death threats, and choice expletives questioning the pedigree of my breeding. She also tried the face-scratch and goolie-kick combo on the Duty Manager[face_laugh] . The funniest moment of our interlude was when she made loud wailing noises, like a siren, when I told her I would call the police if she didn't quit scaring our other patrons out the front of the club. I guess she finally got tired of being crazy and went home... after another 10 minutes of gesticulating obscenities through the glass doors.

So yeah other than that, it was a pretty cruisey night...
    It was actually quite fun cos we were trying out some schmick new two way radios, with snazzy little agent earpieces. Yup, after the shemozzle that was the Mundine/Green fight night, the club is lashing out $3500 on bringing our security crew to the 20th century:rolleyes: . I've gotta say though, it feels kinda cool using these things. It certainly makes it seem all the more official-like. Now I've just gotta get some tips on the Agent Sith 'StaReDoWn' from Cain.:p
  2. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aiii, I am so glad I dont get wierdos like that at woolies. Just problems with thieves [face_skull]

Our store is being renovated at the moment, and all of our security is off-line, and people can walk both ways through the entry, instead of only entry, and those security tower majiggas are gone.

So there are heaps of dodgy folk walking out of there, some with trolley and bags and it is so frustrating being on express and not being able to check their stuff, because I just KNOW they are stealing. I think this is part of why my faith im humanity is so poor at the moment, because for all the stuff people get away with, I saw the pile of things our security girls caught people with, and there was a LOT - There really are a high percentage of people walking the streets who are scum and should rot, it is quite depressing.
  3. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like a bit of a fun time for you Casual-Jedi:p

For the last month I've been working on "The battle of LONG TAN" feature length doco for the history channel. It's been a long hard month. Filming on the gold coast wraped yesterday and we were pleased to see a pic in the sunday mail today.

We fly to townsvile tomorrow then to new zealand next week with a stop over at the weta studios a maybe.

The doco will be screened on the history channel in August with promo's and billboards etc. starting soon.
  4. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooh what a cool life you lead Luke. I mean from where you are, it must be hectic and tiring and frustrating, but from here...COOOL!

I'm imagining Casual walking around finger to his earpiece saying "breaka breaka" for some reason LOL.

We must all head to his bar sometime and look menacing.

Actually I reaffirm my intent to crash everyone's workplace at some point. I plan on going to New Zealand next week. Got a spare seat Luke? ;)
  5. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  6. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Good luck! :p
  7. Fampa Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think I've met her.

I remember speaking to a chicky once who was adamant that she was under surveillance and had contact with ASIO. She said she had a communication device to speak to them. It was a nice day, I had time, I bit, I asked where it was.:oops:

Wellllllll.....

At that point she lifted her top and flashed me. :eek: (My partner was away contacting the ambos for a spoon ride at that point) At first I was a bit taken aback, we were in her front yard after all. But my attention was drawn to a long stretched out bit of chewy that she had fashioned into a necklace and stuck a phone SIM card to. She had not slept for over four days waiting for ASIO to contact her.

I can't look at SIM cards the same way.

I did inquire about workers comp, but never heard anything back...
  8. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    That is honestly the most disturbing thing I've heard all week.
    Mind you, I haven't been doing much else but study and practice my hermit-like tendancies all week, so that isn't surprising at all. [face_thinking]
  9. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehehee... the things I could tell you about the customers we get calling our Call Centre..... explode your little brain it would!
  10. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    That's okay [face_mischief] my brain explodes on a regular basis. I really should have that looked at [face_thinking]
  11. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for putting High School in the thread title :) :p

I did my english exam today, and I think I did well. So yay.
  12. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  13. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Highschool students aren't real people yet. :p
  14. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    MS is real people! PEOPLE! [face_plain]
  15. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    I had my final exam today! woot! but I think I majorly Fracked it up. I didn't get to finish any of the questions, and my third one is dodgey as coz I didn't really know much about it and it didn't really relate to my prac. I should have just forgot the third question and focussed on the first two. But I've already passed anyway, it jsut depends whether I can keep the 7 for the subject. Mostly, my hadn was aching so badly. I couldn't fully stretch it out for about half an hour after the exam. blah!

But no I'm officially on holidays. I almost don't know what to do with myself. Thankfully, I have many costumes to make and keep me busy ^_^
  16. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Aaanyhoo, the mob from Australian Masters Poker held their weekly Texas Hold'em tournament at work tonight...
    Part of their Oz-wide comp series to find the best Poker player in the country. The winner gets an expenses paid trip to Vegas(that's Las, not Briz), with the Entry Fee to play in a World Series of Poker event. The fella that won tonight got a cool looking crystal trophy, and a bottle of champers. Second and third, were consoled with smaller bottles of champagne. I think they're holding the Finals down in Sydney in about 3 months time.
  17. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know what happened at my place of work.

I've been on holidays.
    :cool:
  18. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I'm not actually AT Uni., but I'm studying.

Studying to the point of madness.

However I did get a lovely e-mail from a girl today whom I'd helped out earlier in semester. It is nice to know that you can make a difference.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  19. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I might have another job on the horizon. My sister may be quitting her job at Dick Sith, which menas they might have a position there....me wantee!

Everyone here knows I hate my current job at woolies. On Sunday i worked with my boss for the first time in two months, I had managed to avoid working with her through a combination of working weekends only, and she being on holidays. Anyway silly me, thinking that maybe after adjusting to her job here, and being on holidays, maybe she would be nicer....well boy was I wrong!! She is still the mean olf hateful b*tch she's always been. I've been thinking of putting in extra hours at work now that I'm on uni holidays, but I really don't want to deal with the stress of working with her, it just isn't worth it. I don't know how other people do it, i think they just cop her.
  20. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    I've had one or two jobs like that and too be honest I didn't last long in them. Soon as the abuse started I was out of there. No one should have to put up with kind of thing, not from work colleagues that is.
  21. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heh that was a typo. But if I do end up working there I think I will call it that!
  23. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Final exam today.

I'm going to the clerk at my local bottleshop tomorrow morning and asking, "Can you help me? I'm not drunk yet!"

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  24. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I might have some bad days at work...
    but at least I ain't a copper in Pimpama.
  25. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    at least 2 of the ratbags almost got what was coming to them.

I still maintain whallopers should not be allowed to patrol alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.