main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD In this thread, we discuss what happened at Work/High School/University.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    :_| I got my uni results. Looks like I will have to write an exclusion appeal [face_skull]

2. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Well, for me university is work... Semester starts again tomorrow (yes, different timetable than others), and I still don't know if I actually have any work to go to... and, judging from past performances, probably won't know for sure until maybe the 2nd or 3rd week!
    Oh, for a permanent job... And yes, I am looking and applying... Anyone need a Flash developer?[face_praying]

PS. Kahlan, which hospital (I'm assuming hospital?) do you work at? My gf works at the PA.
    Ironically, Health seems to have a high proportion of smokers...

3. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Work: Yesterday we got the new registers, the WoWPoS registers which are very cool.

Uni: Am writing my exclusion appeal tomorrow. I swear I will go totally batty if I dont get allowed to re-enrol.... i will go totally nuts i just know it. i will be mad :mad: the dark side will fully consume me

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Work: I am in the doghouse because of my use of red marker (where red biro has failed) to ask coordinators to do their bloody job properly. It 'upsets' them. Cos god knows the core activity of this company is not upsetting the coordinators, not providing an efficient and professional service to our clients.

I'm waiting for the first one to vomit up the 'bully' tag. I'm sure it's coming.

5. EnempE

EnempE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2005
    You really shouldn't write on their faces though ....

6. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I do it backwards so they can at least see what I've written when they look in the mirror!

Indelible ink is probably a bit harsh, tho

7. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Trying to imagine Kahls, standing in teh staff room, taking people's lunch money.:D

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    [face_talk_hand] Dude!

The big money these days is in the shoes and handbags *cough*ebay*cough*

9. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
  10. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    If you guys want to see what I was doing last month check out - http://www.historychannel.com.au/ The large flash photo slide of "The battle of long tan" is all our wardrobe/webbing/props and actors(in our I mean my father's and I's company). I'm laying down in a pic firing a rifle:D

For those of you that have the history channel, adds for the doco are begining to show. As i said above we did the wardrobe/webbing/props and actors for the entire doco[face_peace]

11. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Good work Sparky [face_peace] If I had pay-tv I'd be sure to check it out :)

12. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Work has been starting to feel the effects of the new anti-smoking laws this past weekend. You know it's quiet when there are more staff than patrons in the last hour before closing. Even the drunken young louts aren't staying as late. Speaking of which, what is it with young folks and urinating in 'wacky' areas??? Caught a fella writing his name on the front steps last night, right in front of a CCTV camera. Somehow, a two week ban just doesn't seem enough for such idiocy.

13. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Never underestimate stupidity.

14. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Mad house at the club today... I guess you get that when you're giving away a new car... Even if it is a Holden Barina. Some dude with a young family won it, so good for him. Just goes to show that sometimes, the 'little guy' gets a break.

15. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Woohoo! Last semester of uni. I'm psyched, despite doing 5 subjects.

Here I come, unemployment!

16. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    I know you! Your that guy in my lecture!!

17. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Working in a club like mine, it's become a given that the live acts we get, either consist of tribute bands, cover bands, or impersonators. Also a given, is the fact that the playlists for these bands, will metronomically consist of hits from the 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s. So it was welcome relief last night, to actually hear music from when I was a teenager. Yes, we're talking about the 90s folks. Songs from Nirvana, The Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, even early Live and Green Day were all done by the cover band this night... But don't get me wrong... these songs were well and truly butchered. It's just nice to hear something that I can relate to.

ROCK ON!!!
    :cool:[face_flannel]:cool:

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    The time has come where I can finally contribute to this thread. :eek:

First day of work today woooo~ [face_dancing] After lunch I'll actually be doing some data entry and whatnot, but for now I have a bit of time to myself to read some stuff and have a play with the website I'll be destroying ~cough~ err, fixing. [face_thinking] Here's to six weeks of working for the government [face_mischief] I'm sure in six weeks time I'll be bitching about the same thing :p

... Need coffee... [face_zombie]

19. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I seem to have killed this thread. Oh well, no matter.

Second day of work today (don't worry, I don't plan to update every single day I work here). Right now I'm a little zonked - insomnia is a bitch - and I haven't got much work to do, so I've been resorting to doing such things as printing out comics to decorate my cubical with (I have a cubical! :eek: ). Some (most) workers print out Dilbert - I print out VGCats. bwahah. I fear that none of my collegues(sp?) will understand the humour - but at least I have something on my cubical wall to make me giggle inwardly from time to time. Heheh.

The cafeteria here also supplies little cups of lollies (snakes, strawberry creams and the like) which I love currently, because I need the sugar. >_>;;

Anyway - back to wasting time, stealing stationary and pretending to look productive. [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

~Morgan

20. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    Ahhh I remember the days when I had a cubicle....actually it was a 3x3 office with no windows and no ventilation :p but yeah I do recall spending several minutes browsing Dilbert cartoons :p

Glad to hear your enjoying it so far Morgan :) You are working in the gov, rightz? Which dept out of curiosity?

Uni so far is going as fine as it can 2nd week. My goal this semester is 5s for every subject. Am sarting assessemnts this week, so I dont have a nervous breakdown later on, and dont have to chew my nails for 3 months like I did last semester. I also want to do an internship over summer, and I want some good marks before I apply.

21. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Public Service - I'm in with the HR troup in Emergency Services over Kedron way.

Go Team Marv - Hope you do as well as you need to with those assignments :) [face_cheerleader]

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Some (most) workers print out Dilbert - I print out VGCats. bwahah.

That's it, Morgs. Buck the trends. Stick it to the man.

23. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Oh yes - Absolutely. Fight the power and all that. Viva la.. something something.

And I can't argue with seeing the word, "HEART!" every time I look over at my cubical wall. Heheh.

24. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I had an interview with my area manager and training manager today to discuss the probability of advancement with-in the company for me. I'm feeling slightly chuffed about the way it went, while at the same feeling a bit disappointed that it has taken this long (I've been with Pizza Hut for five years now) for anything to happen about it.

On other work related matters, I discovered what was making me sick over the weekend - the exhaust fans in the store are indeed broken, and in need of repair, which will happen later this week (only because the parts need to be ordered in specially).

25. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Well, work-wise for me, after 1week, 3/5ths of my hours have now been cut.:mad:So I'm officially not getting enough to survive on now (AKA eating into meagre savings). So gonna need other work, either additional or replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.