1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:QLD In this thread, we discuss what happened at Work/High School/University.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by casual-jedi, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This one time, at band camp, I was laconic...

Hambo: Morning Kate!

Kate: Hey Hambo! Say, have you lost weight? You look slim today.

Hambo: Thanks! That's because I'm sucking my gut in.

([face_laugh]Moment of shared laughter... followed by awkwardness.[face_plain])

The End.

Man, I should like, be published or something!
  2. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    *incoherent mumblings* [face_tired]

Had the day off from work yesterday due to illness - was planning to just rest up, although took a small trip down to the local shops in order to find warmish clothes for trip to Melbourne on weekend. Not very successful due to everyone having their Spring fashions out of course.

Plans of resting kind of went awry when told to clean room for house inspection on the morrow - stayed up til stupid o'clock making room presentable - so here I am at work zonked out of my brain and all I can think about is "Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain." [face_hypnotized]

It's a Lioplurodon, Charlie! A maaagical lioplurodon... It's going to show us the waaaaay...
  3. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    Work's busy for no good reason atm, but it's better than being boring.
    Lots of people about for no single reason - but it's always good to have new cars to play with:

[image=http://auto-blog.biz/uploads/posts/2008-03/1204586947_ve_ssv_wagon_001.jpg]
  4. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Haven't been to work for two days but did manage to finish a document at home explaining in DETAIL how to run, organise and input statistics, so that someoe who gets paid for it can do it next month..well in 4 days. But this is me so I'm already imagining getting asked to do them again next week and what I'll do if that happens. I've got a decent, reasonably well paid job, but I do dream of the whole "I quit" day. Of course they'd have to fall apart without me to make it fun.
  5. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    So yeah, doing stats again..BLRRRRRK.

Anyway, amongst the stress of a normal day attempting to manage clinic waiting lists and get people seen as soon as we can, and feeling decidedly old and tired and grumpy, I mumbled a hope that Euthanasia clinics were set up by the time I was old enough to want one, and would just say one day " well that was fun,not fun anymore, done, off for a trip to the clinic".

After I said it I realised this could be an offensive thing to joke about, but someone else said " you'll probably have to send in a referral, get classified Cat 3 ( least urgent category) and have to wait 3 months". I laughed heartily as this is the stuff we deal with all day, then realised it would probably be so. Reason enough to have people around me who love me at that point with access to good medications.

Honestly wasn't a morbid or depressing day but an off joke can ease the stress...or get us fired. My boss actually came past when I was laughing about something else and reminded me that laughing was strictly forbidden.
  6. Lolly_Tolly Force Ghost

star 4
    We all got wet standing at the bus stop yesterday, then walking home from the bus stop, we got soaked. It was fun in a weird sort of way. :D
  7. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    It's been a long time coming, but they've finally banned Penny Arcade at work. :(
  8. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    "Hey there! I don't have a job, can I get an iPhone?"

X100

/facepalm
  9. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    looks like i just scored my first 'professional' directing job. Which kinda snuck up on me. should be okay though, its a series of promo vidios so a good way to prove my work.

and after that starting on a feature as costume supervisor, which is a nice step up.
  10. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice Luke! But what happened to spending time on YOUR movie..
    Guess you have to take the experience where you can though.

You're okay with us all living vicariously through you yeah? :)
  12. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    i'm still pushing my movie, may have some good stuff coming up. also starting to write a comedy script and finishing a thriller sctipt. may need to go away for a weekend to get those done....too much happening here[face_thinking]
  13. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke, that is so awesome and I am horribly jealous.

If need an actor though... [face_whistling]
  14. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    It's brilliant to see you making it in an industry so notoriously tough to get into. Keep climbing that ladder, Luke, up the ziggurat, lickety split!

And if I start sending you short film scripts, pay no heed. It's a muscle reflex subconsciously aimed at anyone who admits to being a director. I've been known to do it in my sleep.
  15. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4

MS, i wouldn't think of anyone else.
  16. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm almost moved now [face_tired] Things like this make me acutely aware of how much crap I have. All the big furnature is moved now though, so that's nice - just have to go back tomorrow and try and get whatever else was left.

We're all pretty stuffed around here now though.

After all this moving rigmarole, it's onto the rollicking fun of a family BBQ (nah, is good - that's the sane side of my family). I felt the urge to conduct "science" by sampling one of each of the many cider variations in the shop - but I think I'll save that for another day.

Managed to navigate my brother over to Scoff's place without even looking at the map, so I think that bodes well for my ability to drive myself there tomorrow. Yay.

Well, off to slip into a zombie-trance and play some mindless colour-matching game for a bit.
  17. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess the moving is finished. Now just have to put stuff away/sort stuff for garage sale/throw stuff out. Once the stuff is all sorted, I propose some sort of BBQ/DVD watching/Drinking thingy in vague celebration.

Spent part of yesterday watching Season 2 of the Robot Chicken stuff, moving the stuff and attending baptism.

Priest: What do you ask of the Catholic Church for your child?
    Scoff: (Whisperingly) NAZI GOLD!

(correct response: Baptism)

Also, my coffee dependance seems to be reasserting itself with a vengeance.
  18. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems to be one of those Thursdays (You know, the ones I could never get the hang thereof?).

Woke up to news of Rob Guest dying and felt terribly saddened, get to work and there's talk that our little BSS team are going to be shafted from our area because rotten b@$t@ards in the Rosters area don't have enough room in their area and instead of wanting to move into the space where no one sits currently decided they must have the nice area with windows that we're currently in, so that has me feeling really bloody depressed. I got surprisingly angry about it before. Just so angry... Boils my blood because we can't do anything about it because we're the krill of the organisation and I'm going to end up sitting across from a woman who intimidates me into doing my job the wrong way just because the right way is inconvenient for her :mad:

On the flip side, apparently my copy of the REPO! soundtrack has shipped... So that's exciting.
  19. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry you're not having the best day, duchess. Though I'm stealing that Repo! soundtrack off you at the first opportunity.

As for me, I've spent the week mostly flat on my back. Driving back from Loz's last Sunday my lower back exploded in pain leaving me unable to sit or stand easily, and made walking a hassle too. Humans have a tendency to forget pain, but I'm calling this as the most pain I've ever been in. I took various painkillers and muscle relaxants in the vain hope they'd actually work for once, but all they did was leave me in pain whilst very dopey. Not an experience I recommend, but certainly a unique one.

I've been to the physio twice this week, and have another appointment on Friday, and have been taped up for most of the time. Consequently, it's been an expensive week. I'm better today, but my back is sore again, though I suspect that's also from yesterday's physio session.

What really annoys me is that I was doing so well (comparatively for me) prior to this, and there was no indicator that it was going to happen. So no exercise for me after such a great week last week.

Naturally I've been watching a lot of DVDs. Should do more reading though.

Still nothing on the job front aside from some changes in requirements and did I want to reapply for one. The changes make it more likely for me to get the job. We'll see how that goes.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  20. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Though I'm stealing that Repo! soundtrack off you at the first opportunity.

Sure thing, Cap'n.
  21. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Got a call from one of my buddies today, he needs someone to drive around and conduct a bunch of document searches for some Body Corporate Schemes tomorrow.

Given that my plans for tomorrow consisted of having a bath, working on another plan for World Peace that doesn't involve zombies and maybe playing some RPGs, this doesn't clash with my schedule.

And money's always good. Though given the amount of driving it'll probably only cover a third to a half of my fuel costs :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  22. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    have fun with the drive around. It'll be cooler tomorrow.

Two staff are leaving on Wednesday and not currently being replaced. nice. I'm just finishing the September stats...yes I got stuck with them AGAIN! and nothing else of note occurrs.
  23. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
    Given I'm not comatosed today, I've actually been doing work... Shock! Horror!
  24. DRL_Personified Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sick at the moment, so I had the day off! I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. We're supposed to start an assignment today...
  25. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Today is fun, I'm all very ouchy from undertaking such self torture that is commonly referred to as "exercise." Ran around kicking a Soccer Ball on Sunday - went for an extended walk/run after work yesterday (after which I was very deadified), and I guess there's Fencing tonight, although I may decline from participating depending on whether my back muscles are going to fall apart or not.

Other than hurting when I move though, work is nice today. It's fairly quiet, and I got a bunch of filing out of the way yesterday.

Also, it's lunch time, so the day is half over - that can only mean good things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.