main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends In Vain (A final warning comes too late; a sacrifice made in vain) Kyp, J/J

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jaya_tharen, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    This story was just written by me...of course. Just a little plot bunny that attacked and I didn't have the strength to battle it out.

?Can you see me??

?I think the visual is broken, Jay.?

?Yah??

The image of the couple faded out to static, then back in again.

?We?ve lost almost all power to the ship; we don?t know who it is that attacked us. For the record, we broadcasted our status as peaceful diplomatic voyage and exploration. I don?t know whether they didn?t receive it or chose to ignore it??

?Or didn?t understand it.?

?Whatever the cause, the ensuing firefight caught us outgunned-they have powerful cloaking devices-and we ended up with a slight hull breach and irreparable damage to our controls.?

?Life support is quickly fading. Gotta make this short.?

There was sorrow in both their eyes, one pair green and one brown. A surprising strength shone through, though, and they continued steadily in their message.

?Our attackers, they hit hyperspace again just after they arrived; I think they are plotting a series of short jumps, headed for the core. Whoever you are, wherever your priorities lie?this is the fate of the galaxy.?

?I?m sorry it?s been put into your hands; this is something we were assigned to carry. It?s your burden now; hopefully you?re already on your way back to the core to relay our warning.?

?Hopefully it?s not too late.?

The woman let a few tears fall as her hand slipped from the comm board to her stomach. The man rested his hand on hers and they exchanged a glance before turning back to the recording screen.

?To our parents, we love you all; I?m so sorry to deprive this galaxy of a new life.?

?I guess you owe us a big ?I told you so.??

?We were going to name her Erika?just like you wanted dad.?

They seemed to snap out of their pity daze and suddenly were all business again.

?I repeat what I said before: This message is a warning of things to come. We?re facing yet another enemy, one literally unseen. If something is not done, the whole galaxy could go under; it almost did last time.?

The man opened his mouth to add something, but there the image did cut out, along with the sound, and the recording ended, worn down by the sands of many years in space.

The captain of the Lhope dropped his head in his hands, clenching his jaw in a n effort to fight back tears. ?It was all in vain.? He whispered, but it came out more as a moan. ?All in vain.?

A small hand rested on his shoulder. ?Pardon me, General Durron, but should we proceed on our course??

He raised his head to face the young lieutenant. ?Why? What?s the use? We?re as good as dead now. These people,? he gestured all around the bridge, ?these people?? his gaze fell on the frozen image of a doomed Jaina and Jagged Fel.

The entire crew on the bridge was staring at him now, many with hesitant fear in their eyes; they thought he was losing it. ?These two people died, gave up their lives, for a warning that came ten years too late. Fine, continue on course.? He stood, ?I?ll be in my quarters if anyone needs me. I?ve got three friends to mourn.?

?I?m not sure I understand, sir.? This from a trainee, though she would be spending the rest of her life on the ship, who stood across the bridge from him.

He spun on her. ?Do you know the impact their child alone would have made on the war? That baby could have been our salvation, but instead she died there with her parents, for absolutely nothing!? His voice rose. ?And now we?re here, the last remnants of this galaxy packed onto two star cruisers! Only two! I don?t know where you people find you hope, but I assure you that it?s hope in vain.?

With that he exited, leaving a stunned bridge crew behind. The second in command took a deep breath. ?Enter hyperspace, lieutenant. We still have the future, if nothing else.?

Hope you all liked it.

I hate the ending, though. I just couldn't come up with a really good closing line. Something I must work on...[face_thinking]

--Jaya--

2. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    That was so sad, but wonderfully written.=D=

I would love to know the back story to this. It seems very intriguing so far...perhaps more:D... [face_batting]

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was actually very intriguing and I agree with PRINCESSCAMBRIA this could easily be expanded on and made into a great story...Kinda a cross over with the show Galactica which was on when I was a kid....yes, I'm old :p

I hope you think about expanding this because it would be great...

But anyway...wonderful job on what you alread written...=D=

FL @};-

4. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    Excellently written! I would love to see this expanded on. :)

5. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Hey thanks for reading!

Yah, I just remembered that I wrote this, and what Flowerlady said about it being a kinda crossover with Galactica is so close. I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica lately, and I think it inspired this little snippet.

I may be coming up with an expansion on this...if I can ever get the time or motivation. I kinda like where I was going with it, so hopefully it carries on.

Well, back to the sounding board then!

[face_cowboy] Yeehaw!

--Jaya--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.