main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series In What Order Should I Watch The Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Carrie Walsh, May 11, 2014.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Just to add: Chronological order.

EternalHero likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. However I have not watched the episode multiple times to see how it holds up.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah, I've only watched them once.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think it holds up as well as the vine that happens to get caught on Jar Jar's foot and happens to be the perfect length to break his fall from the top of a tower right before his head would have hit the ground in it.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It gets points from me just for Jar-Jar finding Anakin's robe in a closet on Padme's ship as well as the hilarious absurdity of Jar-Jar being mistaken for a Jedi.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This.

I think I've seen it twice, maybe three times.
    With TPM I've seen it several times over they years (but not recently) and Jar Jar has grown a bit wearisome for me.

7. Faithful Wookiee

Faithful Wookiee Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2014
    Is the Tartakovsky series canon?

Where does it fit in the chronology?

8. Darth_Kondorr

Darth_Kondorr Jedi Master

Sep 21, 2002
    Go with Chrono...
    Regarding the Tartakovsky show... it is not really canon, but it is way to good to be skipped... and it does not interfere with anything (besides the Jedi being ridiculously overpowered, which is kinda cool though)

1. Phatnom Menace
    2. Attack of the Clones
    3. Tartakovsky's 2D Clone Wars (Chapter 1 - Chapter 22)
    4. Filonis 3D Clone Wars (216, 116, The Movie, 301, 303, 101-115, 117-121, 201-203, 217-219, 204-214, 220-222, 305-307, 302, 304, 308, 122, 309-311, 215, 312-322, Season 4, 502-513, 501, 514-520, 601-613)
    5. Tartakovsky's 2D Clone Wars (Chapter 23 - 25)
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    EDIT:
    Why the Chrono Viewing Order: the character progression is more apparent, most storylines are way more engaging, as there are prequels and sequels in the later seasons to episodes from the first season or second season... this adds depth to some stand alone's, and makes them into trilogies...

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    The one thing that bugs me about the chronological order is how far Supply Lines is from the Ryloth Trilogy. Are we to believe that after delivering a couple days' worth of relief supplies, the Republic simply abandoned Ryloth for a few months until they had time to get back to it?

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I definitely prefer putting it with that arc instead of before Ambush, the only problem is it kind of has to take place before Ambush too because Yoda hasn't gone to see King Katuunko yet. Maybe Supply Lines > Ambush > Ryloth trilogy?

cwustudent likes this.
  11. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

Uh, doesn't Asaj Ventress die in the Micro Series?

12. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The micro series tied into the Clone Wars comics,and she survived the show to make it to Boz Pity, where she "died". Except she didn't there either. Ventress has a way of cheating death in the Legends canon haha. Maybe Ventress should give Shaak Tii some pointers. ;)

EternalHero likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    She just plummeted off a cliff didn't she?

14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Yup. She survived. Though that is only legends now.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. Ratsorizzo

Ratsorizzo Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2014
    Any without a * or any that have a * but also a +, can they be avoided? Can I just have those with only * merged and have a good set without the fluff and not miss any plot points?

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Im only on season 3, but i was noticing things seemed out of order when Padme greedo friend Uncle Greedo got wack and then he showed up in a later episode. I think some of the Hutt episode or mismatched and out of order too. Sometimes you will see the continuation on the following episode, then the next episode is the prequel of an episode you saw last season.....weird.

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  18. Ratsorizzo

Ratsorizzo Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2014
    The Clone Wars theatrical release * / + (this is really four episodes edited together, the first 1/4 is * because it introduces Anakin's Padawan, the last 3/4 is + for weak plot)

Where should I cut the episode?

19. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Im currently making movies from the Clone Wars series, and my list for episodes to include is almost exactly the same as your * list.

Episode 1 is: Cat and Mouse, Hidden Enemy, New Padawan, Grievous Intrigue, Clone Cadets, Rookies, ARC Troopers.

Episode 2 is: Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Zillo Beast (with the beast cut), Death Trap, R2 Come Home and the Malevolence Tilogy.

Episode 3 is: Supply Lines (Ryloth scenes only), Ryloth Trilogy, Evil Plans (heavily cut), Hostage Crisis, Holocron Trilogy.

Episode 4 will be: Mandalore trilogy, Geonosis Arc (including Senate Spy).

20. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I love these trailers! Are there anymore to come?

21. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    For marathoning The Clone Wars, I find it best to watch Bounty Hunters before Holocron Heist regardless of the official episode order. It just makes more sense to have the battle on Felucia in Holocron Heist occur as the result of the Republic medical base being destroyed than for the Separatists to sieze the planet in Holocron Heist and then abandon it again by the time of Bounty Hunters.

cwustudent likes this.