main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson In what order.....

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthspino, Mar 20, 2007.

1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    My girlfriend has NOT seen Star Wars EVER! Shocking, yes.But I dont know in what order to show her, 1-6, or originals then prequels? Help please

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OT first. Really. Just think about life before the PT and the shock of finding out that Darth Vader is Luke's father. If you watch them PT to OT then that is ruined. And since that is my favorite part I say OT and then PT. ;)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I agree.

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Lucas said it should be viewed as 1-6 but I saw it as 4-6 and 1-3 so that's how I think it should be viewed. IMHO.

But to someone that has never seen any of them, I'd say go for the 1-6 routes and see how that works.

Going 1-6 will change a few things...

"I'm your father" will go from "what!?!" to "He told him".

Anakin "returning" from being Vader will make more of an impact.

The Emperor trying to get Luke to Kill Vader and take his place, Vader trying to get Luke to help him kill the Emperor, and Yoda and Obi-Wan trying to get Luke to kill Vader and the Emperor will make more logical plot points having known the background of the "chosen one".

Ben getting killed on the death star will have more of an impact. As will Boba falling into the sarlack pit, and Jabba getting chocked. The droids will have more of an impact, having known where each came from. Etc.

Allot more will be effected, but nothing will be lost that way either.

It all depends on your point of view.

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    While the storyline will make more sense if you watch Episodes One to Six, please let her know that the stories become more entertaining(and more fun/humorous) as the series progresses. If she can get past Episode One and Jar Jar, it is all easier to watch and enjoy from then on.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    [Jar Jar]Don't be hatin, thatsMisterWookiee[/Jar Jar]

7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I vote for watching the OT and then the PT... It is just not going to be the same knowing Leia is Luke's sister when he is kissing her, and so much of the excitement is completely lost if you view the PT then the OT... you have to view the OT first.. then the PT.

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Actually, if you watch the episodes from one through six, Vader's line in ESB, "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father", becomes even more ominous, as you know what Vader is about to reveal to the unsuspecting Luke.

How will this affect Luke? How will he react when he realizes that Obi-Wan lied to him? Can Vader exploit the confusion in Luke? (Remember, the lady hasn't seen any of the films.)

9. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    LOL, I read that and then heard "Same bat time same bat channel"

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Same here[face_laugh] . I was tempted to write,"tune in next week...", but resisted.

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I still think that it spoils a lot of the mystery and excitement once you know that Anakin is dad and Vader.... Braiden saw it backwards , or rightwards.. if you want.. and I think his love for the movies is there.. but he is all about Anakin, not Luke... he would have been all about Luke had he seen the OT first I am sure of it..

I just can't feel any more strongly that OT then PT.... OT PT OT PT!!!