main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series In Which Kablob Goes On About Barriss Offee

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kablob, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I want it to see what your reaction is.

2. TimeMask

TimeMask Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2015

I'm not sure what age Barriss is but on wikia it says Barriss died when she was 16 years old. Her fate is currently unknown since the comic with her dying isn't cannon.

I don't think Barriss died since Sidious could have kept her in prison during order 66.

If Barriss is 16 then after 15 years she would be 31 years old.

Barriss being the Inquisitor's master would be interesting since Barriss and the Inquisitor could be like a dark version of Kanan and Ezra.

The Inquisitor taking orders from Vader doesn't guarantee Vader is his master since Vader gave orders to many people in the empire.

[​IMG]

I found this pic but I don't know if its official or fan made. It may be fan made but the pic does have the same art style as Rebels.

Darth Valkyrus and shorttrooper like this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Fan Art but good fan art nonetheless.

It's not surprising that Barriss cracked really. Her Jedi Training didn't prepare her for a large scale war adn her Master doesn't seem to have a high opinion of the Clones and they don't discuss how the Clones feel in the Force. The Jedi apparently can Sense when they die but if 'The Voyage of Temptation' is anything to go by most of the Clones feel so similar that you can't always tell them apart. Her Master was demeaning to her and if Barriss was a gentle soul what she had seen and felt through the Force could have pushed her over the edge and she might have had a similar vision to the one that Krell had.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like a piece Engel made a while back.

I suppose it is pretty possible if Bariss was not executed she's a hand of Sheev's and a inner circle rival to Vader maybe. I think the point with Bariss was she was not able to handle the stress of war, and had trauma. She may of been lured by Dooku' temptations like he tried on Kenobi in AOTC. Its made complicated in the fact her religion is anti-war, but yet she does no better in solving the issue or taking a morally or ethically high ground. She resorts to same methods and worse, to simple murder of the Jedi and civilians. She apparently had priorly infiltrated an anti-war activist group(which may or may not of been militant terrorists beforehand I forget off hand), became their contact and who seems to also have been the mastermind behind the terrorist attack and assassinations. Bariss having access to apparently Separatist nano droid tech one would suspect she had a shadow benefactor over on the Separatist side(Tyranus or Sidious). Tano seems to be the sacrificial lamb to her new faith in the darkside - later she even said red sabers suited her. She seems to have been praying a deity statue in her chamber. So am wondering of that is some kinda corrupting Sith relic she found or given to her as gift by some innocently or maliciously.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So do you have any time frame of the next part.

6. TimeMask

TimeMask Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2015

How strong do you think Barriss would be if she's still alive?

Barriss seemed fairly powerful when she fought Anakin and she beat Asohka. We know she's smart since she was able to memorize a hive on geonosis so she could have the potential to learn force lighting if Sidious taught her or if she found a holocron.

I remember the women Barriss chocked to death said that someone (Barriss) taught her how to make the nano bombs.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh ha I forgot about that.

8. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    Yeah, I forgot about that too since they didn't actually show Barriss

9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Given that she is on the front lines of battle it isn't unreasonable to think she could acquire nano droids from someplace without raising suspicion.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I analyzed that a while back, here. Make of it what you will.

Lady_Misty and jabberwalkie like this.
  11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    That was wonderfully done. =D=

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't think that "16" in the Legends Barriss article:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barriss_Offee

refers to her age (the Talk page suggests that its a date in the Great ReSychronisation calendar instead):
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Barriss_Offee

She's portrayed as dying on Felucia in 19BBY during Order 66 in the 2005 Clone Wars webstrip Evasive Action: Reversal of Fortune,

http://web.archive.org/web/20110902...wars.com/databank/location/felucia/index.html
    and apparently she's also seen in the comic version of Revenge of the Sith - so even if the webstrip is dubious:

her survival to the RoTS period is a bit less dubious.

She was born in 40 BBY according to the reference book Mysteries of the Jedi.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't think so she probably got it off the black market.

Octavian Dibar and Lady_Misty like this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    What Jedi Knight Fett said; you won't believe what you can buy on the Black Market. She might have even gotten them on the Star Wars equivalent of eBay and just sent them to a phony address where someone trustworthy would pick them up.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    As far as that bolded part goes, being that Nano Droids were first and only used during that arc and nowhere else in TCW, would be hard to say. My impression was she was given the technology by someone among the Separatists as that appears to be unique and quite expensive tech, not something just laying around. The Jedi never learn where she got the tech from as far as iI remember which is sad really, they just focused on the characters and culprit and very little on evidence and motives ect. This is all off my head as I havent watched that arc in a long while, not one of my favorites, someone better informed may pitch in.

Bariss seemed capable in an unplanned duel, but somewhat out've her depth when fighting Anakin and when corned by the Temple Guardians she chose to run(Sidious did this with Yoda so not sure if its a big deal as sometimes the writers make the villains flee while other times they're overpowered, all pretty random) - but he too was borderline darkside at this stage himself while she had completely crossed that invisible line. The Tano duel she had well planned and used the environment and surprise to her advantage with great skill where she just manipulated and dominated her opponent at will(like she did Ventress somehow). That said, Anakin was able to use the force catch-throw-choke when Bariss was just about to get a death blow in on him. She was quite close in killing him.

16. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Maybe, but let's follow the money for a moment. Where did Barriss get funding for that much? While she only used a little for the temple attack, she had obviously located/stockpiled vast quantities of explosive nano-droids. Remember that the room that Ahsoka fell into and where she was cornered by clone troops was filled with nano-droid crates.

It is possible, I suppose, that those crates were manufactured at the munitions warehouse and forgotten, but what's the probability of that happen and Barriss accidentally encountering a random room full of nano-droid explosives while on a random stroll through Coruscant? It is also possible that those crates were all or mostly empty, but at least one of the crates was full. It's not a stretch to assume that many more were as well.

Also, it likely wasn't part of Barriss' original plan to frame Ahsoka, and especially not with the nano-droids. She didn't intend to sacrifice the stockpile in that manner. It just happened to work out that way.

Why would Barriss accumulate that much? More importantly, how could she accumulate that much? She could approach a black market contact and do a little wavy-hand trick "You will provide me with a metric **** ton of explosives. You will deliver it to this warehouse." but that's risky. I think it's more likely that it was purchased off the black market, as you said.

But...back to the money: Where did it come from? Was she embezzling from the Jedi? Or did she have a financial/logistical backer for the attack? Where does the money to buy enough explosives to turn the Senate Building into a smoking crater come from?

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Your right about the money we need Kablob to explain in there awesome way.

18. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Yep, Barriss was 18 in season two (22 BBY) and 20 in season five (20 BBY). She's four years older than Ahsoka and two years younger than Anakin.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I'm going to plow ahead by engaging in some wild speculation on this topic, and follow up on my previous comments. Apologies if I'm stealing some thunder, Kablob, but your rather detailed review of events and motivations got me thinking that there's perhaps more going on.

Where does Barriss get the money to purchase the explosives? Getting Jackar to steal a crate or two of explosives is possible. But Barriss literally has a warehouse room full of it. She's got a backer who either provided the funding or the actual explosives. It would logically be someone who benefits from a loony Jedi with an agenda having access to mass quantities of nano-droids. She may not know who this financial backer is. In fact, it's almost certain that she doesn't know--too dangerous for her to know. They may work through an intermediary, or via cryptic messages. Maybe this intermediary worked through Letta?

Who's got the resources and who might benefit from a rogue Jedi bomber?

Unfortunately, I think the answer is obvious:
    [​IMG]

The thing that gets me is the dark look he gives Barriss during her confession. What's going on with that? Is he just playing to the crowd? No one else is looking at him--they're fixated on the quiet little nutbag Jedi bomber below. No, he looks like a schemer who just lost a valuable asset in Barriss. It works out far better for him if Ahsoka is convicted and Barriss remains free to cause more damage in future attacks. He just got a pawn knocked off the board. Not lethal, but certainly an annoyance.

I'll hold there for now, but I think there's more stops on the crazy train for me.8-}

20. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Octavian Dibar

Based on the look bounced back from Tarkin (I think that who it was) towards Palpatine, it made me think it was an orchestrated plot by others outside of the order that most likely included Tarkin and Palpatine (though in a limited capacity, behind the curtain kind of a way). I think when we first met Tarkin, in TCW he displayed no love towards either the clones or Jedi. Now how much Barriss knew of an actual plot to completely overthrow the Jedi isn't really clear, nor is how she came into possession of the nano bombs as far as I can recall. This could have been part of Palpatine's plan to not only get rid of Jedi (cast doubt and suspiscion against the Jedi so that mistrust grows) and also to further build Anakin's frustration/anger and mistrust towards the Jedi Council.

As we saw in ROTS, when events work in his favor (ROTS when he told Anakin to kill Dooku) and when he appeared as Darth Sidious in TCW, his overall demeanor changes slightly from that of the smart negotiator in the senate to the masterful manipulator that was a Sith Lord.

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    And we can't forget the mysterious friends that Barriss had in the Order. After the funeral Barriss mentions them to Ahsoka and they she and her friends discuss emotions.

Is it possible that in some capacity Barriss was covering for fellow Jedi? Or that she drew the short straw when Ahsoka got too close?

It was also implied in The Lost Missions that Dooku was an agent of Sidious before he left the Jedi Order. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Sidious or Dooku converted other Jedi to their cause and worked within the Temple to undermine the Jedi and to help when Order 66 went down. It certainly would further unbalance the Jedi within to have Clones shooting at them led by Anakin Skywalker from the front and who knows how many Jedi they trusted cutting them down from the rear.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All this thread does is make me want to see Barris more.

23. Commando5017

Commando5017 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2015
    yeah... honestly I'm sort of surprised they didn't even mention her in season 6

24. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    I really can't see Barriss going all dark side on us. Well, she kinda did, but not Empire darkside.

She was entirely against that ideology and went as far to kill and blame her friends to stop it from happening. Ifanything, I can see her as a radical Rebel, that is if she didn't suffer the death penalty like Tarkin said he would charge Ahsoka with.

25. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

That pic is made be Engelhast. He actually posts on this site quite often. It's fan made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.