main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series In Which Kablob Goes On About Barriss Offee

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kablob, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't know why anyone thinks that really

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

You really believe there was some long term plan with Rebels, where they always wanted to make exactly four seasons with this exact number of episodes?

Rebels got canned, but the way it should be done when you're cancelling a show. By giving it one last season to finish off the main storylines.

If Rebels were more popular and the merchandise was selling more toys, it wouldn't have been cancelled.

The fact we have only 15 episodes in Season 4 instead of 22 like in Seasons 2 and 3 also indicates that Rebels budget got reduced.

3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

You cannot cancel something that has not been planned or conceptualised. Rebels has been planned to finish, not cancelled.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Actually I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews I've watched Filoni basically said they had more plans but are now required to end it this season so they're moving ahead to the endgame. He seemed a little disappointed, but laughed it off.

So yeah, it pretty much was cancelled. It's just being allowed a short season to wrap it up.

5. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

Which means it is being made to finish, not cancelled.

Something that is cancelled, does not happen or go ahead and therefore cannot be finished. Something that is finished cannot be cancelled.

6. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

No, Rebels was cancelled. The fact that there will be one more season to wrap up (hopefully) the main plot points doesn't change the fact.

TV shows can be cancelled by saying that this will be their last season. For example, HBO's Rome was originally supposed to be five seasons, but got cancelled after the first season, but they still produced Season 2, cause they already started its production, but they packed the main story points from the planned four seasons into one season to finish the main story line. So the overall story got finished, but the show was still cancelled.

Its pretty much just TV jargon for when a TV show gets ended sooner than was originally planed.

And btw, we really are arguing technicalities here.

theraphos likes this.
  7. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    In your example there, 5 seasons were planned, 3 seasons cancelled, and series finished by squeezing the cancelled seasons story into season 2. Series is finished despite having cancelled seasons.

In Rebels no definitive number of seasons were planned. The decision is then made to finish the series after 4 seasons. That is their plan, there is no change of plans, nothing is cancelled. Series will go down in the records as finished.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

We'll see just how much finished the stories from the series will actually be ;)

With only 15 episodes left, I'm expecting lots of unresolved issues and probably no Barriss. And we do know that Filoni wanted to include her at some point.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Does anyone have proof that Rebels was going to get more stuff if so show me

Also this has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread. I think we should take it over to the main Rebels thread

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No need to mini-mod JKF.

But anyway, Kablob hasn't posted in this thread in over two years, and it's gone off the rail twice now, so I'm just gonna lock it. Kablob if you're ever interested in continuing this let a mod know and we'll re-open the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.