main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series In Which Kablob Goes On About Barriss Offee

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kablob, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I think the uproar over this arc had something to do with it.

2. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    Another great article Kablob =D=

Keep telling yourself that. Fact is those who rant on the internet account for maybe 0.1% of the viewership. And the so-called Star Wars "fandom" always whines about something, it's so common that nobody gives a **** about it anymore. The uproar you talk about is in reality just a very silent background whisper.

3. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Coincidence? I think not hehehe.

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    You know that outside of this website most people loved that arc, right?

5. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    The thing that caused it to be canceled was one, the contract with Cartoon Network had ran out. Two, the Disney buyout happened a few month later. Disney decided to end it so they could make their own show called Star Wars Rebels.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Disney ended it because while they had bought SW, a few peripheral things having to do with it still belonged to other parties. One of these was the distribution rights for TCW, which still belonged to Time Warner. Hence there was no way Disney could bring the showing of TCW in house to one of their own channels without incurring a lawsuit from TW, and they'd be damned if they were going to be producing content to turn a profit for a rival studio by running on one of the rival's networks. So, it got canceled.

pepoluan, Darth Koo, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually, on this website people loved it. Those of us who did not, were in the minority and got yelled at.

Darth Koo and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Lots of people on this site loved the arc, and apparently lots of people here like Ahsoka probably more than they should.

[​IMG]

If a US politician gained that kind of landslide popularity their detractors would start speculating if they were the Antichrist.

It's the fireworks that happened when the ardent lovers discovered that there were people who did not share their optimistic favorable appraisal of the situation arc and indeed the character, that gets seared in people's minds.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I loved that arc as well. I especially loved that yet another Jedi had fallen to the Dark Dide of their own free will, without the direct interference of the Sith. It proved that the Jedi Order was failing and sliding into a downward spiral.

But my favorite scene is where Barriss makes her little speech to the court and Palpatine has to keep from laughing, because everything she says is true. It's especially amusing because the Council hears her whole tirade and dismisses her as a looney. When in fact the Jedi are fighting for the Dark Side, for the Chancellor who is secretly a Sith Lord. And it's only a matter of time before he tears down the failing Republic and destroys the blind and ineffective Jedi Order.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You just summed up much of what I didn't like about it.

But Jedi-slamming has been popular since TPM or so, so it's not a surprise that this arc had some popularity for that reason.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah, after the way the Council treated Ahsoka it's kind of nice to see them all die in ROTS.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not exactly, although I'm pretty sure that's what Filoni and Co. wanted the audience to feel.

Sorry writers, I'm not playing along.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

little harsh but and we only saw 3 people on the council talk to Ashoka and two of them are still alive.

14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    There's the one scene where Saesee Tiin automatically assumes Ahsoka is guilty because she was in the warehouse with the nano-explosives. That scene makes his death in ROTS a bit more palatable. The entire Council acts extremely blind and short-sighted in that arc. It actually makes their failure to see the Sith in the Chancellery a lot more believable. The Dark Side was clouding so much that the Council had effectively been blinded to everything, not just the hidden Sith.

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So they deserve death then? Please. I think the Order 66 montage, and the deaths of the Jedi Council during the war are the saddest part of the PT. My favourites such as Eeth Koth, Adi Gallia, Shaak Ti, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin deserved better than that.

[​IMG]

Ki-Adi's is the worst: he realises for a second that for a very long time, since before Naboo, the Jedi had been outplayed by the Sith. Tragic.

16. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Yeah, the Jedi didn't deserve to die.

But the situation with Bariss does give some more explaination as to how they were fooled for so long by Palps- how can you expect any different if they were fooled by a padawan?

Saga Explorer and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Mundi was about to have Yoda, commited, meanwhile they were all under the influence of the Sith spirit underneath the Jedi Temple. Kinda brings something interesting that Jinn only reached out to Yoda. But Jinn is also responsible for basically ushering in the apocalypse himself. Guess just will of the force stuff,lol.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll stick with the idea that Palps was just that good, and fought them via infiltrating the government as opposed to fighting them openly as the Sith had done in the past.

I didn't need anything else.

missile, Vialco, TrandoJedi and 3 others like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm wondering what new insights Kablob will give us in Part 6 - Barriss v Ahsoka - it's definitely something to anticipate.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I like Ahsoka...but I hated the Barriss-goes-completely-bonkers arc >_>

21. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

A certain number of us hated the Barriss-goes-completely-bonkers arc.

My excuse was imposters.

22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    My excuse is this entire thread.

23. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Much love to Fallen Barriss right here. Made for a great story.

24. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    It could have been done better. The way they did Fives mutiny was great. Everybody thought he had gone off the deep end. They could have done something similar with Barriss. Her political viewpoints were valid but the way she went about fighting the corruption was wrong - acts of terrorism. If nothing else they could have shown her path to corruption but if they'd have done that it would have ruined the big reveal. So I'm not really sure how that could have been pulled it off any differently.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Is this ever going to be updated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.