main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In your dreams--An OC response to the 10-minute challenge--Vignette 87

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "Master, I don't believe that's proper."

"Nonsense, Padawan. It's the will of the Force, nothing more complicated than that."

The Padawan scratched her head in obvious consternation. "I thought it was the will of the Force that we were honest in our dealings with our fellow men."

"Yes," her Master said rather cautiously. "Do you have a point?"

The girl, still in the throes of fourteen-year-old idealism, looked rather concerned. "I don't think it's very honest to do the equivalent of an airborne hit-and-run."

"Of course not," he agreed, "but we weren't the ones hitting. Besides, this man should not have been driving in his current state of inebriation."

"He isn't technically inebriated," the Padawan protested. "He just thinks..."

"Padawan," her Master said patiently, "would you like to explain this incident in terms of his blood alcohol level or his intelligence quotient?"

She considered for a moment as if catching on to the idea. "I think one is unnaturally high and the other unnaturally low," she admitted.

"In that case," her Master rationalized, "it would be infinitely more prudent to let the authorities deal with him."

The fact that the man who was slumped over his wheel, snoring gently under the influence of the Will of the Force was an authority seemed to have no bearing on the matter.

"Master?" she asked as they climbed back into the speeder and headed into the evening traffic once more, "wouldn't it be easier to just pay the speeding ticket?"

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    lol.... just lol

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, how evil . . . who needs Sith with Jedi like those? The whole thing was a great setup for the punchline, though.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Noelie--I like getting reviews from you because you simply keep it simple and entertaining.

Ophelia--Indeed, evil can't hold a candle to a double standard.

5. Jaina-Strife

Jaina-Strife Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2006
    That made me laugh. [face_laugh]

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Good! I like making people laugh!

7. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh this was too funny. I especially liked:

"Padawan," her Master said patiently, "would you like to explain this incident in terms of his blood alcohol level or his intelligence quotient?"

She considered for a moment as if catching on to the idea. "I think one is unnaturally high and the other unnaturally low," she admitted.

Jedi getting out of speeding tickets... too much! :D

Cheers,
    Wyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.