main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT In your head canon, Did Darth Maul die in TPM?.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by The Chosen TML Fan, Sep 3, 2015.

?

Did Darth Maul Die in TPM?.

1. He's dead Jim......

117 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. MAUL LIVES!!.

68 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Maul shouldn't have died in Episode 1. I still, to this day, think that was an awful decision on Lucas' part.

But yes, he's dead to me. Him coming back in TCW just doesn't work for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Ah but wasn't Palpatine someone incapable of genuine Love? Wasn't Palpatine in the Canon and EU someone who 'Never Gave A Force!' about anyone - and would discard loyal subordinates once they were no longer useful ... and that in the EU for the matter - he murdered House Palpatine in cold cold blood at just the age of 17 and already had a hatred against Cosinga Palpatine and even before caused deaths of 2 civilians whilst speed racing ... and that Palpatine was 'Forced' to 'SHEE-VER' in Mygeeto's naked freezing cold and 'Forced' to recall in total exact detail the slaughter of House Palpatine countlessly to Darth Plagueis until Palpatine was practically no longer able to sense any trace of regret or remorse ... and how he also was told by Darth Plagueis how he would be trained to 'use people and objects as mere tools to help achieve goals... and that he cannot be inhibited by emotions of Love and Compassion...'

3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    That's why it should work for now, It's never too late to do the right thing.

cwustudent and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It's not so much a matter of Palpatine is incapable of love, but that for a Sith, love is a weakness. Or as the Jedi define love, compassion.

VADER: "He will come to me?"

PALPATINE: "I have foreseen it. His compassion for you will be his undoing. He will come to you and then you will bring him before me."

So when Palpatine sees the love that Maul had for Savage, it had only confirmed his suspicion that Maul was no longer fit to be a Sith. And definitely not fit to serve under him in another capacity other than as a pawn.

MAUL: "Ugh! Have mercy. Please. Please!"

SIDIOUS: "There is no mercy. Do not worry. I'm not going to kill you. I have other uses for you."

For Palpatine himself, the fact that he wasn't capable of love had made him the perfect Sith Lord. One capable of being very powerful and capable of disrupting the balance of the Force.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    I've to disagree with this, it is not so different than Sidious saving Vader at Mustafar, he needed him for his own uses not because he actually loved Anakin as like his own son. Maul had to worry about his apprentice, not just because he loved him. If not, Maul wouldn't beat up Savage and declare himself as his master, where Savage says there shouldn't any dominant between the Brothers.

As for Sidious sees love as a weakness, not sure.
    Palpatine says that Sith allows themselves to love, in a different way with discrediting the Jedi.

Using ones love to win, it's just the way of the Sith, that doesn't mean they can't love anything. As Maul used Kenobi's love for Satine to take revenge on Kenobi,

just as Sidious used Luke's love for Vader in your quotes.

6. The hidden holocron

The hidden holocron Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Hi preferred Maul to die in TPM, but his story in TCW is really amazing, then i can accept this change.

7. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    But wasn't Maul upset that Savage died? In like a family way?

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's years before gl changed his mind and brought maul back. the last decisions gl made trumped all earlier ones.

Erkan12 likes this.
  9. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    maybe they'll bring back jango fett next

Slicer87 likes this.
  10. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    And Dooku with a cyborg body, maybe GG too.

Davak24 likes this.
  11. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    Yes, he died in TPM. That and Ahsoka's existence are why I don't consider TCW canon. In my headcanon, the micro series Clone Wars is canon.

12. Drewdude91

May 21, 2011

Nope. They'll bring back Qui-Gon though.

13. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Same here! I could add a whole list of other things on why I don't consider TCW canon, as well. But those two are pretty high on my list.

cwustudent and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I love that he survived. He was a shell of his former self. Really hope that in a future re-edit they add some dislogue and someone says "We never found a body." And someone else says something like "Don't worry he's dead he was cut in half!" I hope they finish his story and finally kill him either in a Clone Wars novel or in a Anthology film

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Ahem...
    [​IMG]

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about this. The idea that hate let him survive being FREAKIN' CUT IN HALF is ridiculous. However.... I actually really loved that arc in TCW. Crazy Ole Maul was great, and I loved Clancy Brown as Savage. So, I kinda wish they had left him dead, but the end result was OK in my book.

17. Drewdude91

May 21, 2011
    I meant as a living Jedi and not as a force ghost

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Why? Vader's hate is what kept him alive after being barbecued and well before Palpatine got to him.

cwustudent and Erkan12 like this.
  19. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

However, it is implied that if Palpatine had not gotten to Anakin when he did, Anakin would have died of his injuries.

The hate could only keep him alive for so long.

I would think that Maul's injuries were by far worse than what Anakin sustained. I don't believe anyone was looking for Maul to help him either.

Davak24, Andy Wylde and Slicer87 like this.
  20. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Agree. Also, there is a difference between surviving sever burns, and lost limbs, and having you thorax cut in half. Even assuming the light saber cauterizes wounds to minimize bleeding, what's holding your guts in?

Silly, IMO. But like I said, I just kinda squint and get over it... I did like the arc in TCW.

mikeximus likes this.
  21. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    And Maul lost his mind, he didn't directly survived either. He only healed mentally after Mother Talzin's powerful dark magic. Maul also took help from this little creature as well.

[​IMG]

22. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I wanna know why voodoo grandma is suppose to be Maul's mom, when she's not a Zabrak.

23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    maul was kept alive by dark magic. the kind the witches use. it was explained.

24. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I find the concept of magic in SW offputing and contradicting the Force. The films imply the force is the magic of the SW universe.

Davak24 likes this.
  25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    it's the same thing.

Nightsisters—a coven of Force-sensitive witches who used magicks to manipulate the wilderness around them and rule their male counterparts, the Nightbrothers.

it's ridiculous to say, "i like the force but magic is off putting." ... and at this point sw is more than "just the films".