main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In your solitude on Tatooine...training I have for you....

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Captain_Typho, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I know it's probably too much to hope for but do any of you think there's the slightest possibility that we may see Qui Gon teaching Obi Wan the greater nature of the force in the live action tv show. I watched episodes 1-3 last night with some people who had never seen a single episode of the saga before. They got really excited at the end of Episode 3 when Yoda reveals Qui Gon is back from the dead. We're watching Episodes 4-6 tonight and they are totally expecting Qui Gon to appear in Episode 4, which makes me really sad that the plot point won't be explained for them. My only hope now is having Neeson at least cameo at some point in the live action series and have some relevance to the movies.

2. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Using some EU logic here, which does work:

Obi-Wan's ability to communicate with the living was eventually shut off to him; it was time for him to move on to another plain of the living force. I would expect Qui-Gon would eventually have to move on, too.

3. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    ok, I do remember that vaguely from the EU, it was in one of the earlier novels....

however, we also know Anakin Skywalker retains his spiritual identity well into the NJO, so we don't know whether Qui Gon would cease to be a ghost or not by the tv series. My guess is that it will take him at least a little while to instruct Obi Wan.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Qui-Gon could be a different case than Obi-wan, since Qui-Gon didn't learn the full Jedi ghostie trick- just the voice part.

5. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe we'll get to see some of the training in the TV Series.

6. UPwind-ooooh

UPwind-ooooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    Best possible avenue for GL is to use Yoda -- show him meditating on Dagobah, then having him relay the info to Master Obi-Wan.

I doubt we'll see (or hear) Liam on the TV series -- sadly, I must add!

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Liam won't do any more starwars. I severely doubt you'd get Ewan in either - unless for a single show cameo or something.

Yoda is possibly the best idea as Lucas can make his little green ass do anything, but I don't really see what relevance it would have to the plot.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I still hope that some of the more prominent characters of the PT get at least cameos in the TV Show. I know that it is highly unlikely that any actor from the PT will utter more than a few lines but I still hope for it.

9. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I would think the lack of Qui-Gon would be explained, but ya never know. GL doesn't have to address it if he feels it isn't that important to the show.

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Maybe GL will edit Liam's voice from the TPM and add it in to the series you never know with GL.

11. Rogue_Knight21

Rogue_Knight21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I would love to see Obi-Wan, Yoda and a little Qui-GOn in the tv series, but didn't McCallum or somebody say there wasn't going to be any major characters in the show? Or have they revised that lately, and I missed it. I don't see why they would leave out the best possible stories for the show. We all want to see Vader hunt down the remaining Jedi, and Obi-Wan arguing with Owen Lars about how to raise Luke.

12. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    It is explained realy, Qui-Gon teaches Obi to dissappear and go spirit durring the 20 odd years between 3-4 then Obi does it, Qui Gons teachings are done. And remember there are more Jedi than just Obi and Yoda after 66, Qui Gon probs goes and teaches them.

Or you could just go: Qui Gon wasnt even thought off in 77.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.