main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Inactivity Notice

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    In an effort to clean up the MidSouth FanForce forums, I have evaluated the activity of low-traffic, non-official city forums. Cities with rare posts, fewer than three posters, or that attract spam, are going to be deleted.

After 15 days for this notice I will move the status of this board to inactive.

Forums can always be recreated, so in the future if there are more people interested in getting FanForce group events going in the Houston area, we will create a new forum for the city?please don't be discouraged.

Upon deletion of this forum, you will have to first generate interest on the MidSouth General Discussion board and have three individuals interested in FanForce.

If anyone has any questions please don't hastate to ask.

Elizabeth
    Amidala Starkiller

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
  3. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    If someone would like to step and generate some activity I?ll gladly hold off on changing the forums status. I go ahead a extend the deadline until April 23 and see what happens.

Elizabeth

4. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    H town are we still alive here? Were have all the jedi gone?

5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Ugghh...I wish I had the time!

6. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I think that if we sent out emails to our fellow Jedi from time to time it would help keep others interested. Unless ofcourse they are in a diffcult position to communicate.

7. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, the problem is organization. It's always been the problem for us. You would think the fourth largest city in the nation could consistently get a good showing of Star Wars fans. But, maybe the size works against us. We're scattered.

Maybe if there were a way to genuinely pool everyone's interests and develop innovative ideas of things to do everyone would begin to attend activities.

Maybe we tried to start out way too big from the get-go. Many times simple is the best. We're all a bunch of Star Wars geeks, I wouldn't think it would take much to entertain us. Being a FanForce doesn't have to be about being some huge organization (like DFW). Maybe if we focused on just hanging out with fellow Star Wars peeps...things would come around. People attend things that are fun.

Who knows? It's really too bad, though. There are a ton of things I would love to get together and do with people who share my nerdy obsessions.

8. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am A Star Wars geek and proud of it. Read the comic strip Heart of the City. Dean is in need of A Star Wars fix. He is not the only one.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, if y'all really want to make an attempt to keep this board up and get some things going every now and then, I don't mind helping out.

As I said, I would enjoy getting together to do Star Wars stuff with people, in whatever form that would take...RPG, games, or just watching movies, etc. Especially now that the husband and I have a house at which to host things. However, the last time I planned on something, no one showed up.

But, let me know. I don't even mind doing some digging and trying to contact people that used to linger around here. If any of y'all want.

10. grapecheerio

grapecheerio Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2006
    im in. let me know what's going down

greymatter@att.net (msn i.m.)

grapecheerio (yahoo i.m.)

11. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    My husband and I are definitely interested in keeping this group going. We live in the SE side and we go to a lot of the Cons if you need a ride.

luv fathom (AIM name)

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I am in. North west side reporting as long as I10 and 610 do not shut down . I hate taking the back ways to everything. Last year I could not do much of anything due to A bad job situation. Things are somewhat better this year so I am all for it.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I?d recommend finding a central meeting area to set up a get together. Once a place, day and time has been decided on someone might want to print a few quick flyers and put them up at the local colleges, comic book shops, book stores, etc?

Once you meet you can elect a Chapter Rep. :)

If anyone as a question PM me or post it here. :)

14. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm still here, and interested in a meeting or get-together of some sort. ApolloCon is coming up in June, I'll be there in armor.

Anyone else? I'm also a collector interested in getting store reports and doing some selling/buying/ trading.

Please keep this forum alive!

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I suppose 5 posters is a decent enough start to get some things going again. I'll try to find some others, though I don't expect to find many. We'll see...

What kind of stuff do y'all want to do? We know of a few cons coming up this spring/summer. That's a cool start. But, what else?

16. WookieChuckles

WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2004
    Count me in! I've expressed interest in this type of thing before and then I largely dropped off the boards thanks to work/school blah blah...but schedule wise I'm now in very good shape to attend any get together. My girlfriend and I are into attending cons and miniatures gaming (our skills are currently a little rudimentary) and I'm into collecting the Hasbro toys (I know...who isn't?) and would really appreciate store reports. It would be great to have collectors networking in this town so unscrupulous scalpers don't hoard all the desirable figures.

I'd also be down for just sharing a beer or two and ranting at each other about our particular SW and non SW obsessions.

My e-mail is not_too_amused@yahoo.com and anyone here is free to contact me when plans develop though I'll also stay active on the boards.

Anyone see the new rumor about Celebration 4? I'm ready to start planning if it turns out to be true.

Glad to see everyone excited again...could it just be the dreary prospect of SWless theatres that has us all jonesing? Representing the Heights here by the way.

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    You mean we're not sunk? Woo-hoo! You know, it was five years ago today I made my first post in here, which also happened to be my first post on theforce.net. Happy e-birthday to me!

18. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, congrats on the e-birthday. I am going to try my hardest to keep these boards alive.

19. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Any one intrested in meeting up for XMEN 3? I need A good movie fix. King Kong ice skating in New York has turned me against Peter Jackson.

20. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    When does X-men 3 come out?

21. WookieChuckles

Feb 8, 2004
    X-men 3 comes out Friday May 26th and this insanely hot early-summer we've been calling spring, already has me in the mood for big-time summer spectacle. And yet the theatres are currently full of pure dreck, so yeah I'm excited about X-Men 3 even with the director from Rush Hour at the helm. Too hot outside to think...me need big loud movie...

I'm down for meeting up.

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    X3 is exactly what I was going to bring up, as well. It's the one thing I've been looking forward to.

Brian and I will definitely be going to a midnight showing, and if AMC Willowbrook has it in DLP, that's where we plan to be.

We should definitely plan something for that.

23. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm up for something. A swap meet would be cool, and I like movie outings. And beer. :D

BTW, If any of ya'll make to the museum of natural science, find someone with a walkie-talkie and ask for me (Ian) and I'll show you around. We've got Dinos, Imax, and Body Worlds. I'd be pleased to meet you!

24. Aurora_V

Aurora_V Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
    I'm around and will also hopefully be at Apollo Con in armor.

Cami
    TI/TK-5412

25. WookieChuckles

Feb 8, 2004
    Just thought I'd check in to revive some of the discussion of meeting up.
    X-Men 3 opens up next weekend and I'm still up for meeting folks for a midnight or Fri. evening screening and I'm willing to make a trek out to a theatre that is convenient for most people, though I typically frequent the Edwards 24 on Weslayan or the AMC Studio 30 on Dunvale.

Also if anyone is up for a beer or two this coming weekend or so I'm always down for Friday afternoons (I get out of work early...hope I don't sound like a lush) at the West Alabama Ice House.

And I was wondering if anyone here is specifically interested in miniatures gaming. My girlfriend and I have collected dozens of the miniatures and love to play but rarely actually get games in due to our busy schedules. However the semester is over and we are ready for an excuse to play more often. And gaming with other people might actually require us to master the mechanics of the game rather the haphazard way we currently play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.