main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Inaen's Official Good Casting /Bad Casting Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Inaen, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Ok everyone this thread is for Comic book movies or other ones that had good and/or bad casting.

Please post one good casting call and one bad casting call. (that way we have balance between negativity and positivity) :)

Oh and for the bad call, who do you think wouldve been better?

First of all:

X-Men 1 and 2
    Good call : Hugh jackman as Wolverine
    Bad Call : Halle Berry as Storm

Instead of Halle Berry: Venessa Williams? hmm...

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Bad Choices

Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson (Alicia Witt)
    Halle Berry as Storm (Iman would have been better)

I like Halle Berry, loved her as Jinx in Die Another Day but she's no amazon

Will Smith in Wild, Wild, Wild West (why does hollywood always have to change everything)

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and Antonio Banderas in Interview With a Vampire.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Good:

Patrick Stewart as Prof. X

Bad (VERY bad):

Halle Berry as Catwoman.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Great:
    Tobey Mcguire as Peter Parker. At first I was leary, but he made a great Spidey.

Patrick Stewart was born to play Prof. X!

Horrible:
    Arnold as Mr. Freeze! Come on, who thought that was a good idea?!?

Unnessesary:
    Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin. I like MCD, but they couldn't find a guy who looked like Kingpin from the comics?

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    To be fair, I don't believe there is a white guy with the bulk that MCD has. I mean, he's freaking huge and the Kingpin is supposed to be freaking huge. So I think it works out ok.

I have not seen Halle Berry do any movie justice, and she's not even a little good looking. All the other X-Men are cast very well, except for Rogue. Wasn't she older with a little more attitude? There's rumor of Colin Farrell as Gambit in the next one which would be ok as long as he gets the accent right. Having an Irish Gambit would just not be the same.

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I think Anna Paquin is great as Rogue, who would you cast for Rogue.

7. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I don't think the actor has to change, but Rogue is supposed to be a southern girl who was raised by Mystique for a while so she has a 'bad' side to her. Obviously they rewrote her story for the movie, which I guess is the problem I have. It just doesn't seem that she's Rogueish enough.

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    yes well, if we take a look at that, She was supposed to be raised by Mystique and Destiny before she (destiny) died and then she is supposed to join the 3rd incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil mutants where she eventually completely absorbs Carol Danvers. This is where Rogue gets her flying ability and her invulnerability. Carol Danvers personality starts to drive Rogue mad and she goes to Professor X for help and eventually joins the team.

The Xmen movies must be looked at as a alternate universe version of the Xmen. Becuase the core team of Xmen should be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ice-Man, Beast and Angel. angel hasnt even beenm in the movies and Hank McCoy has only been a cameo.

I wish for my Rogue too in the movies but since it looks like they are doing what I never thought they would (the Phoenix story) Im satisfied.

Im praying for some reason they DONT put gambit in but I know they will.

9. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I LOVE GAMBIT!!!! HE WAS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!! though it would be wierd to see the gambit/rouge love thing with those two actors.... yeah...

10. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, I remember seeing Remy LeBeau listed on some computer screen of known mutants in the second one...

(Gambit)

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I don't mind Gambit at all, but I really hope they don't include Bishop or Cable at all. I'm glad rumors are flying about the Beast joining up, he's my favorite. And Colossus should be getting a bigger role. He looked great in X2. As for Rogue, its almost like they combined Rogue's and Jubilees stories a little I think. Which is disappointing.

Oh yeah, where was that list in the movie Talon?

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    That list was on the computer screen Mystique was checking it right before Deathstrike returned. Several mutants not in the movies were listed there. Its the same scene where she discovers cerebro 2.

13. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i really hope that colin ferrel isn't playing gambit...i will be sad...i'm not a big fan of him and gambit is my fav.

14. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Kingpin: (That's easy) I'd cast Butterbean.

First off, Kingpin is a huge FAT guy, NOT a huge MUSCULAR guy! Hollywood needs to be taken over... BY ME!!!

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I just watched X2 again along with every special feature. I saw a lot of things that I didn't before. Throughout the whole movie, Jean is wearing a necklace with a phoenix on it, as well as at one point wearing a jacket with a phoenix on the back. In the scene where Remy LeBeau is listed on the screen, Mystique pauses on his name for a second, and on the other monitor there is a folder titled Omega Red. Wouldn't mind seeing him in the next movie. In the special features they concentrate a lot on Nightcrawler and the effects and makeup they did were incredible. There is also some concept art for Angel and sentinels, probably to be included in X3 as well as the Danger Room.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Butterbean! He would have been the perfect Kingpin!

17. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I remember an episode of the Spiderman cartoon that used to be on Fox on saturday mornings where Spidey actually fought the Kingpin and almost got his butt whooped by him because Kingpin had only 2% body fat and was like solid muscle. So if he's only supposed to be 2% body fat then Butterbean probably wouldn't have been a good Kingpin.

18. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Here's the info from the marveldirectory.com page on Kingpin:

Height: 6 ft. 7 in.
    Weight: 450 lbs.
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Bald

Strength Level: The Kingpin possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. The Kingpin is virtually as strong as it is possible for a man of his age, height, and weight to be without having superhuman powers. His great bulk does not consist of fat but of muscles that have been developed to enormous size, as in a sumo wrestler. The Kingpin can lift (press) approximately 650 pounds.

Now while I consider most sumo wrestlers to be fat, they do have a lot of muscle. Does anyone remember E. Honda?

19. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    The guy cast as Jim Jameson (is that Peter Parker's Boss's name?) was perfect and in my opinion he steals the movie a little.

So far everyone cast as the Punisher has been bad.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah, I love the casting for Jameson in Spiderman. Everytime he yells, my heart flitters with excitment, because he does it so well.

Can we talk about movies that are still in production? If so, for bad casting choice, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Nicole Kidman is probably not the best actress to play Oola in the upcomming The Producers remake. I know they're using the Tony award winning Brodway The Producers, where Oola has a bigger part and even has a few songs, but if you've seen the original Producers, then you realize how weird it would be for Kidman to play the part. Oola, for anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, is a beautiful, Sweedish blonde who has a lower IQ than breast size, and who is Max's secretary whom he also sleeps with (she's not a good secretary). I'm not saying Kidman can't pull it off (The new Oola has to be able to sing, and Kidman showed she can in Moulin Rouge), but it's just not a part I can even visualize Kidman playing.

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    What the hell does Jabba's dancing girl have to do with any of this?

22. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    I think Dolph Lundren was a good cast as He Man.

(pulls out fire extenguisher)

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Actually he was, it was the enitre movie that sucked

24. Inaen

Jun 17, 2002
    X-Men 3

For even the possibility of having Christina Milan do it!!!!!

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    ok...so...its apparently super-uber-bad casting week this week. Next? Jessica Alba has been cast as Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four movie. Jessica Alba sucks and shes not a blond and I dont think she would look good as a blond either. Not to mention she cant act.

Also, the person cast in that role should be a little bit older. Sue Storm is a scientist and a good one, thats why shes on the ship that gets exposed to radiation in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.