main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Incom T-70: X-Wings in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dak Oolron, Jun 4, 2014.

?

How visible should the X-Wing be in the ST? (Multiple votes are allowed.)

1. I want the X-Wing to appear in the ST just as it was in the OT

61 vote(s)
    24.3%
  2. I want to see a spiritual successor to the OT X-Wing

190 vote(s)
    75.7%
  3. I want to see completely new starfighter(s)

81 vote(s)
    32.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Yeah, they messed up a LOT over the pas 15 years, I'm not sure if I talked about it in this topic or somewhere else, but the cockpit designs for the TIEs for instance, that's typical Sienar design and because they somehow want to mix jedi/republic stuff with the Empire stuff because of the transition they made it a KSE (KDY) design.. and the worst part is, that this became canon.

At least that part seems to be covered a bit better with the ST as SFS is located in the Outer Rim and would still be able to cooperate with parties like the First order since they manufactured all the TIEs but were a major component supplier for the SDs as well.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    On that train of thought.. the vindicator class Heavy Cruiser from SFS shares a lot of design ideas with the new SDs seen in the ST... interesting.

3. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually A-Wings and B-wings both appear in Droids. Then West End Games came up with the idea that they were post-Yavin designs - but whoever wrote the X-Wing computer game didn't pay attention to WEG's text.

With the R-22 and "Tempest" being created much later, for the Dorling-Kindersley Star Wars reference books, as a compromise to make both WEG and Droids/X-wing work.

Problem is, B-Wings are already being used by pirates in Heir to the Jedi, which is set only weeks after the Battle of Yavin.

thejeditraitor and Dak Oolron like this.
  5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Haven't read Heir to The Jedi yet, so that is news to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

6. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    Weird, I read Heir to the Jedi and didn't remember that. Perhaps it's a repressed memory ;)

rumsmuggler likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it makes no difference. this now is canon. the b-wing is a prototype btw.

8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Legends already had B-wings being used shortly after Yavin with Dagger Squadron, so don't blame Filoni. Too many Legends fans need to chill out... having B-wings and A-wings earlier in the timeline is a good thing! The only reason their intro was set later in the timeline was because of the real-world fact that they hadn't been included until ROTJ. The entire Rebel fleet wasn't at Yavin--it was always ridiculous to think they were all there, since the gathering at the ceremony wasn't enough to liberate a city akin to LA from the Empire, let alone an entire planet. We didn't see the entire fleet even at the end of Empire or in the evacuation of Hoth (we only saw X-wings evacuating, so A-wings & B-wings could easily be hanging out with the Y-wings off-world). It doesn't hurt anything to have A-wings & B-wings pop up before ROTJ, or even before Yavin.

9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    filoni is making some great sw.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    In my opinion, canon is whatever you want it to be.

Lando Swarm likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    so what sense does it make when people get angry about real canon conflicting with their canon? it's all fiction.

12. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    From Reddit: A photo of several scales of Poe's X-wing:
    [​IMG]
    Here's the interesting part: the same picture with the colors inverted:
    [​IMG]
    Abrams, you sneaky son of a *****.

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That was kind of my point :p If I like it and it's SW, that's good enough for me. Much less complaining about canon because I pay attention to what I say more than what Disney says, because I am the one spending the time reading/watching/whatever. It's all fiction so enjoy what you like and don't worry about it if you don't like it :)

14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    well my comments were about people in the "rebels" forums and others crying about the eu time frame of the b-wing and that somehow "rebels" having a super-cool b-wing prototype is a disgrace or something. um no, it looks bad ass and is a saga connection fans like to see in these things.

plus the fact that young people won't know what the ship is and it'll be connective tissue to the ot for them.

Toonimator and darklordoftech like this.
  15. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Spoilers are here regarding the B-Wing!

starwars7news just had screenshots of the new lego line-up and lo and behold, what seems to be an update to the B-Wing!

[​IMG]
    http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/1...s-leaked-new-ship-from-the-force-awakens.html

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The B-wing most have been talking about lately is the one from Rebels... This, while B-wing-esque, seems more like a transport or shuttle of some sort. I don't think the cockpit rotates like a B-wing... Looks like a panel opens in the center there, like a landing ramp, and the top probably opens as well.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  17. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    I am part of the B-Wing discussion, I know, but this new ship (I'll still refer to it as the new B-Wing) is basically a fat version of the H-60 tempest

[​IMG]

And comparing scale of that leak, the actual Lego B-Wing is larger than the new model shown, you can see by the cockpit for instance. All in all, I still think it's an upgraded B-Wing, more compact due to S-Foil optimzation
    [​IMG]

18. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    Here is a 3D model of Poe's black X-wing:
    http://www.howbb8works.com/xwing/index.html

Not the sharpest drawing on this site, but hey, it's something fun to look at while we wait for the trailer to drop :D (and better than what I have time to make/draw!)

neliz and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    X-Wings in action.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    And what appears to a trench for them to run through in classic ANH style.

21. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    There were some great action shots in the final/full trailer. I'm assuming you included some in your post, starocean90, but I can't see them on my work computer :(
    (anything sourced from social media or online storage sites gets blocked/disabled) :_|

darklordoftech and starocean90 like this.
  22. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Time for one of those fancy phones with internet and a color screen?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015
    So somebody edited together all of the clips of the X-Wings coming to the rescue at Maz's castle. I don't know if they got the sequence of shots quite right, but regardless it is fantastic. Seeing the cavalry arrive in the form of x-wings kicking up spray as they fly in low over the water in the distance all the way through to that crazy dogfight looks like it'll be incredible on the big screen

[​IMG]

Dak Oolron and neliz like this.
  24. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    I just laughed when I remember thinking the "TIE Fighter Swarm" at the end of the "Fan-Made Lucas TFA Trailer" and now the real TFA Trailer has it's own swarm.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  25. neliz

neliz Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Besides thinking there's one or two in a wrong order (poe flipping the switch for S-Foils, while it starts with them already in attack position) this scene will be on repeat all day when it comes out on bluray.