main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Incoming Visitor (with an urgent question!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Dawn, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Hello all, in this fabulous Seattle Fanforce....I hope you're doing well - and of course, all completely bouncing-off-the-walls excited and giddy as heck, in these last five days, a mere smattering of hours and minutes, and counting.... I'm one of your neighbours 'ere from just across the water, hailing from Victoria, B.C.... *happily waves to all* At the moment, though, I'm actually over in Midland, MI, with some friends to see the premiere - but I do have rather an urgent question, and even a hope, that I wanted to broach here.... And all's I know is that if someone could help me out, I would of course be *totally* indebted, forever grateful - it would really ease my mind!

Basically, the sitch I'm in right now is, originally I was to leave MI on the 21st and fly to Detroit, then from Detroit back to Seattle, to stay there with a friend until the 28th.... (then up to Vancouver to visit with my brother, whee!) However, the person I was planning to stay with in the Seattle area has since had a - let's just call it a family situation, and she now says that I can't stay with her....which of course leaves *me* in a seriously bad sitch here, because not only am I all the way over in MI, but more to the point - the Quick Coach bus tickets I have are for the 28th of May, and I don't know that they could even be refunded anyway....so at the very least, I'd be looking at rather a lot of lost/wasted money, if I had to end my trip that early - on the 21st or thereabouts.

But the thing is, I don't *want* to have to end my trip and come home early....I was really looking forward to getting as much time and fun as possible out of this trip, which means extending it as absolutely long as I could. That's what this extra time in Seattle was supposed to be about - well, that, and getting to meet and greet and know other fans, of course! :)

So....here is what I, a concerned and hopeful friend and neighbour, and fellow fan from across the water, am now wondering....and, of course, I thought I should ask here, first and foremost: would there be *anyone* here who might consent to letting me bunk over for that intervening time, the 21st to the 28th....so that I can, you know, maybe hang out with some other fine folks in the Seattle area, get to know other fabulous fans - because I *know* you all are! :D - and so forth....? *hopeful, slightly desperate look*

I know it may seem like rather a lot to ask....hopefully not eggregiously so, of course....but this *is* rather urgent, and I *am* desperately trying to come up with any possible, workable options....and, moreover, I would also certainly love to get to know other fans too - and it's been too long since I've had the chance to really visit Seattle, besides! :)

So, if anyone, *anyone*, can please help me out with this....*please*!....I would of course be tremendously grateful; and don't worry, I really am *very* good people, as the saying goes.... ;) I'm nice, friendly, funny too....well, I like to think I am, that is.... *giggles* ....and I'm a very quiet and considerate, good-natured houseguest, I swear! :) Heck, I have people who will vouch for me on that score....

I will of course be checking in later, and I *do* very much look forward to hearing back from anyone who can help me out with this....ASAP, for sure! :) - PM'ing would be fine, of course, as would be posting back here....'cause you know I'll be checking it, natch ;) - and from there, as far as making the arrangements, the info would be concerned, long-distance calls also wouldn't be a problem for me to make....I swear!

*anxious, hopeful, crossing her fingers and toes, praying that someone will be able to help....and very much looking forward to meeting other fabulous Seattle fans!*

Dawn.

2. HarleyQ_T

HarleyQ_T Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I for one have a place to stay- but I am visiting Seattle next week. I normally post on the Albuquerque, NM board. I am attending a conference at the Renaissance Hotel downtown and would like to hang out with someone/s who is familiar with all the touristy sites and affordable local restaurants in case the local conference attendees (if any) are not interested. I will arrive on Tuesday afternoon and leave at noon on Saturday. According to the conference schedule, I will only be able to sight see after 5:00 pm. So it shouldn't interfere with "normal" work schedules. Hopefully it'll let out early most days. I am married - so no "hook-ups" please;)!!! I have always wanted to visit Seattle, so I would absolutely love to make the most of it. If anyone is interested in hangin' out, even just one night- feel free to pm me. Thanks!!!

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sorry, I live south of Seattle, so don't know the downtown area at all, so can't advise about restaurants and night life. Much of the touristy things are at Seattle Center, with the Needle, the Science Museum http://www.seattlecenter.com/
    and the Science fiction Museum, which closes at 5pm and 6pm http://www.sfhomeworld.org/

4. HarleyQ_T

HarleyQ_T Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    Thanks for responding and for suggesting other places of interest. Maybe they'll let us out early one day and get to see one of the museums.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.