main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Incomplete - Anakin/Vader vignette, spoiler free

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsHeir, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Title: Incomplete
    Author: AnakinsHeir
    Time: After ROTS
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Lord Vader
    Summary: Anakin struggles with his feelings for his wife.
    Notes: I heard this song and loved it. Imagine my shock (and yes, my embarrassment as well, when I discovered it was by the Backstreet Boys. :eek: Still, I love the song and it seemed to fit Anakin so well.

Incomplete

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
    Distant faces with no place left to go
    Without you within me I can't find no rest
    Where I'm going is anybody's guess

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
    I'm awake but my world is half asleep
    I pray for this heart to be unbroken
    But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete.

Voices tell me I should carry on
    But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
    Baby, my baby
    It's written on your face
    You still wonder if we made a big mistake.

I didn?t realize how very lonely I was until?I wasn?t.

I didn?t feel the emptiness inside of me until I absorbed your light and it filled up all the vacant spaces inside of me.

The doubt on your face cuts into me sharper and more merciless than any saber blade. You fear the future; you wonder what path our love may set us to follow. Do not be afraid, for I will love you more than I can love myself.

Let me give you my heart. Let all that I have be laid at your feet. Let me love you unconditionally. I want to know the deepest secrets of your soul.

You complete me.

A little boy?s memory has sustained me through ten long and lonely years and now I am ready to give you all that is within me.

Let your light shine upon the darkness that threatens to feed on my soul. Let your love send its warmth into the coldness that dwells within me. Create with me a place where the darkness dare not enter and the shadows do not fall.

I will do battle with the taste of your lips still on mine. I will strike down our enemies and hear your voice in my ears. Nothing and no one will keep me from you. Without you nothing else matters, and at your side there is nothing that cannot be overcome.

Guard well my heart for it is all I have to give.

I don't mean to drag it on, but I can't seem to let you go
    I don't wanna make you face this world alone
    I wanna let you go (alone)

Arrogance, ignorance, fear?

I?m so far away from what I knew with you that I can?t even imagine how that man felt. What did he really have to fear? He had your love. He was given the gift of you and threw it away.

Foolish man, fearful man.

He let his demons consume him. He knelt before the dragon and sacrificed what he was to its flame. He watched it burn and did nothing to save it. Instead he rejoiced in the destruction. He celebrated the end of love, the death of his heart and soul. He threw back his head and howled out his triumph.

Caught up in the ?might have beens? he missed the here and now.

So I sit here in the ruins of what that man had. I sleep in his bed and I cry his tears. I call out for the love he betrayed. I feel the fire he sparked and I writhe in its flame. His scars on are on my flesh. We are twins, two halves of the same dark shadows.

He is death and I am despair.

I am left here to weave a net between the holes you have left in my soul- a sad sort of safety net to hold me up out of the abyss. A fool?s task, for which there will be no end. I am more empty than not. More dead than alive, more fire than heat. And one day my efforts will not be enough, and I shall plummet into that endless night anyway.

I flounder on the edge of a precipice and do not care if I topple over the edge. The fall would be a relief, and put a stop to the pain of tryi

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Very sad and poignant. Well done! =D=

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved that song, too! And I was also shocked to learn it was by BSB! :D

Lovely! As usual.

4. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Simply beautiful! :)

5. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    LadyPadme Thank you. I'm dreading ROTS :_|

VaderLVR64 I sort of stared at the radio in dumb amazement! :eek: I didn't even know they were still recording!

LukesTheMan Thanks! :)

6. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I read this earlier and didn't get a chance to comment, but it was beautiful! :_|

Incomplete - Poor Vader.

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    He let his demons consume him. He knelt before the dragon and sacrificed what he was to its flame. He watched it burn and did nothing to save it. Instead he rejoiced in the destruction. He celebrated the end of love, the death of his heart and soul. He threw back his head and howled out his triumph.

I am left here to weave a net between the holes you have left in my soul- a sad sort of safety net to hold me up out of the abyss. A fool?s task, for which there will be no end. I am more empty than not. More dead than alive, more fire than heat. And one day my efforts will not be enough, and I shall plummet into that endless night anyway.

Just beautiful, AnakinsHeir. You have such a way with words, and you never disappoint. :)

8. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    How sad that Vader felt so far removed from the part of Anakin that existed inside of him, and how incomplete he felt without Padme.

The song was perfect for him, absolutely perfect! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.