main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Inconsistencies...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I watched Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones last night... I admit it had been a while... however there is one thing that really bothers me... I remember watching this film several times in the theater ( 9 times to be exact ) and there are something?s that are different.

The Jedi in the Arena only have green and blue sabers on the DvD... I recall seeing yellow and orange sabers on the big screen. If you watch just the colors during the fight you will see some sabers go back yellow or orange for just a moment... likewise you can see Mace's saber shift to blue a few times. Also during the Anakin / Dooku fight Anakin's blue saber becomes a really intense blue and then fades to almost white... like Obi-Wan's in A New Hope. What was the point of changing the saber colors on the DvD after showing the true colors on the Big Screen? Was a reason ever given for this?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Not that I know of.... However, I could come up with a possible reason for the intensity of the colors...

Jedi shape the crystals in their lightsabers. This we all know. What if that crystal was actually affected by the jedis emotions? Just a perusing thought. :)

3. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I've only noticed the red, blue, green & one purple - even in the theatrical version.

I also think the color of Geonosis somewhat affected how the sabers appeared, especially when shown on a big screen.

Mace's blade changes colors depending on the angle & so forth, like Luke's appeared white at times, Vader's pink, etc.

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    "They're lightsabers, not mood rings."

Star Wars Insider #81, page 45

:D

5. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    how do you know that all the jedi weren't a secret organization of hippies who sat there and used mood crystals for their lightsaber or that the only crystals that could support that kind of unique force held the same properties of the mood rings? what about maybe its just that even though ILM is one of the greatest CG companies out there, even they make mistakes going from film to disk... maybe pixel count is affecting the color scheme that displayed on a TV versus a theater screen. maybe the colors even look diffrent on HD televisions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.