main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii INDEPENDENCE DAY, 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mac-nut, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Has everyone made their fourth of July plans already? Does anyone want to picnic at Ala Moana Park? I haven't made any plans yet, as my spouse is kinda under the weather at the moment. Most everyone else here goes to Kaneohe MCAS or Schofield Barracks for their Independence Day picnicing and fireworks. We had some folks stop by last year, but most were with their families and just stopped by to visit abit.

Please let me know as soon as possible, cuz I'll hafta park one of our cars there on July 3rd, to get a parking space for the 4th. I usually set up our canopy at the curve, ocean side, on Ala Moana Parkway Drive just before/after the yacht club, depending on which entrance you enter, where the fishermen usually hog up all the parking stalls.

2. KamikazeSock

KamikazeSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    I gotta work that morning. I work at Ala Moana though, so I was thinking about going out there after. I have some friends doing the same. I'll PM you by tomorrow if thats the plan. ;)

~FuimusMaximus~

3. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, cuz if everyone has their own plans with family and friends, we were going to stay home this year. I need to know by Thursday morning, cuz I hafta leave my car at Ala Moana Thursday afternoon on my way home to secure a parking spot for Friday.

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    If you are, are you planning to stay with us, or move along to other friends' picnic site? need to know to figure out how much food to bring, and how many of you are coming. I don't want to cook for a hundred and 3 show up. :D

5. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Whatever you guys did yesterday, I hope it was a fun and safe one! :)

I, myself didn't go to Ala Moana, but happened to watch their fireworks from a different beach further down in Waikiki.

'Twas fun. But incredibly crowded.

Hope you all had fun where ever you were.

God bless America!

6. FuimusMaximus

FuimusMaximus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah. It was cool. After work I went down to Kailua Beach Park and hung out with some friends until the fireworks. Traffic was terrib;e after that though. I'm sure Waikiki was worse. Mac-nut, did you still go down to Waikiki? How was it?

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    did not go this year, since no one contacted me. Spouse drove through on Thursday afternoon, and almost all the parking in Magic Island was already taken. Our favorite spot was taken. People were drunk and in knife fights already; cops were worn out before Independence Day, so we stayed home, and I kept the vigil here. The news Friday night said it was madness by early afternoon. glad we stayed home. watched all the concerts and fireworks on TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.