main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Index of the Old Republic- KOTOR index and discussion- Winter update! New stories, new discussion.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by KOTOR_Index, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylaMoore

TylaMoore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    Hey all! I really do need to catch up with these boards...

Anyway, I shall now be turning the conversation back to the discussion about the Exile and Revan. I don't know why, but I fell in love with my exile more than I ever did with my Revan. I guess it might be because I haven't really gone deeper into my Revan's life as much as I have with my exile.

Revan and the exile for me were two completely different people despite the fact they started out similar. Revan was brilliant, secretive, but still open enough to care before the whole memory thing. Afterwards she was a lot more of an individual who could be a jerk that cared. Not sure it that makes sense but it did in my head. ^^

My exile, Tyla, was almost the opposite. She started of as a prankster, who became a bit more mature after the years, and soon became a jaded young woman who couldn't stand the thought of being touched or allowing anybody near her. To quote something from an upcoming story... The council had taught her a hard lesson. Don't trust anybody, and never allow anybody close to you. Why help the world when all they were going to do was discard you when they were done with you? Before she met back up with Aurali again, she would have let the Republic burn. And surprisingly enough, she isn't dark side. Huh.

Well, the point of that entire rant was to show how these characters become their own people, despite how you start them off. Also, the characters that joined your own helped shape my characters quite a lot. They weren't just their for the ride, they were there to make their mark.

In K1, my Revan started off just looking out for herself. She didn't exactly trust the world. But when she met Carth and Mission and how they had a faith that people could be helped, it changed her into someone that tried to give people hope.

In K2, Tyla was severely jaded. She no longer cared for people or what happened to them. She was convinced that everybody had a secret agenda and that everyone was going to be used in one way or another. After meeting Atton and Kreia, she was forced to reconnect with her humanity and the fact that she could not escape who she once was, no matter how far she ran.

Kotor I and II were amazing games to me that I believe showed me a darker side of the Order that I hadn?t seen before. Those games gave me new possibilities and insights into the GFFA that I never had before. So this entire thing can be summed up as who my characters are, how they are unique, and why I love these games.

-Tyla

P.S. I know that a lot of people disagree with me, but I liked K2 better than K1 despite the lack of endings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.